Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The interview with Heldt actually makes me quite optimistic. Sounds like Draxler is going to leave, but Heldt denies they've made a deal with Wolfsburg.
We had an offer, it was nearly done, Wolf came in offered higher now they are waiting for us to go up again.

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
Schalke denied Julian Draxler has a deal with Wolfsburg, but told worried Juventus “it’ll probably go on to the last minute.”

The situation exploded last night when Wolfsburg suddenly emerged as contenders for the 22-year-old midfielder, matching and even surpassing Juve’s offer of €26m plus €6m bonuses.

“The door is not yet closed, because on Saturday there were more developments and the issue of possibly substituting Julian,” director Horst Heldt told the official Schalke website.

That replacement is believed to be Filip Kostic of Stuttgart, worth €12m.

“We need to think about this a bit further. We will take the necessary time and make a decision by the transfer deadline.

“As of yesterday afternoon, Juventus had not submitted another official bid. The media claim Wolfsburg have a deal? That is not true.

“All the key issues are known. By Monday at 18.00 (17.00 GMT), any documents must be filed. Considering yesterday’s developments, it’ll probably go on to the last minute.”

Heldt also flatly denied Bild reports that Draxler had joked around with the Wolfsburg players after Saturday’s Bundesliga defeat and asked how he looked in their jersey.

Juventus need a creative midfielder and cannot wait until deadline day to get an answer from Schalke 04, so are turning to other targets instead.

These include Erik Lamela of Tottenham Hotspur and Zenit’s Axel Witsel.

For real? I wouldn't sign him now even if they come begging and for 10m.
they are waiting till transfer deadline to decide? I guess its over, they will claim he will stay and there is nothing we can do about it.

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Are you sure that this Wolfsburg offer really exists and Schalke do not try to squeeze more money out of us? Anyone from Wolfsburg confirmed something?

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
they are waiting till transfer deadline to decide? I guess its over, they will claim he will stay and there is nothing we can do about it.
Tricky situation indeed. Maybe worth the wait considering the alternatives atm. Worst case scenario what you said, sign a cm and make a move in january.

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
They are obviously trying to make us bid more than Wolfsburg so they can sell him to us.
I am against it.
you won't be against it when we bid 25-27m for the last resort panic mediocre player and we get screwed. If Draxler wants us like these so-called gurus were claiming yesterday, how should this be a race, anyways its all on Beppe, waited 3 weeks to get this over with, but its what he does every season, waits till its late, puts in a bid, gets beaten and gets his excuses for it.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

What does this say?
The door isn't closed as there were new developments on saturday regarding a possible transfer of Julian, that's why we gotta work on it further, we're gonna take the necessary time and will make a decision according to the interests of the club.

It's arough translations, lot's of untranslatable phrases there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)