Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
In what universe is Zaza worth 18M... is the question you really should be asking here.
Trust me, I've asked myself that question more times than I have asked myself why I got married.

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta: 'Juve fear Milan and Inter'
Football Italia44 Minutes Ago

Beppe Marotta confirms Juventus “rejected offers above €80m for Paul Pogba” and snubs Edin Dzeko. “Milan and Inter are Scudetto favourites.”

The director spoke to La Gazzetta dello Sport ahead of today’s Italian Super Cup against Lazio, kicking off at 13.00 UK time (12.00 GMT) in Shanghai.

The Bianconeri have been looking for a trequartista, a player who traditionally wears the Number 10 jersey, but surprisingly handed that shirt to Paul Pogba.

“Pogba asked for the Number 10 shirt, remembering the big Juve players from when he was a child. We thought that yes, he does represent the unique aura of that jersey.

“Modern football has revamped the concept of a 10. We are still missing a midfielder who can cover various positions and it’s a small group to choose from, as few are Juve quality.

“We have three weeks and the Super Cup to get the first responses of this season, then we’ll see. Max Allegri is a modern and versatile Coach, so if there is a new arrival, he will adapt his tactics to their characteristics.”

After three consecutive Scudetti, Juve released Carlos Tevez, Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal.

“We are optimistic for this season, but the truth is we changed three players and must cover that gap with renewed motivation,” continued Marotta.

“Juve also realised an era was coming to an end and brought down the average age of the squad. Paulo Dybala, Simone Zaza, Daniele Rugani, Stefano Sturaro and Roberto Pereyra bode well. If the results arrive, we’ll be a long-term squad already built.

“Those who left made personal decisions. Tevez made a lifestyle choice, it was a unique opportunity for Pirlo and also Vidal. The Chilean was happy with us, but could enjoy a new experience with a four-year contract.

“We are not a club who can afford €70m buys, but I say with pride that we refused offers above €80m for Pogba. We only sell those who want to leave.”

Inter and Milan have spent big on the transfer market this summer, while they also don’t have to worry about European competition, so are they the main contenders?

“I was surprised, especially at a time like this. It’s good to invest, though what happens on the field is decisive. Milan and Inter are favourites for the Scudetto because they have invested and have a superior winning mentality compared to the other rivals.”

Roma have bought Mohamed Salah and Dzeko, but Marotta is not concerned.

“We had thought about Dzeko years ago, while Salah was never an objective. We all think Juve are strong and are just missing a midfielder. I won’t name names, though.”

Marotta was asked whether those included Ilkay Gundogan and Palermo’s Franco Vazquez.

“Gundogan has international pedigree, but Vazquez has everything to prove, as so far he’s only played for a provincial club.”

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014
Allegri - "Draxler ? Schalke had accepted the offer ,and then withdrew "

5:40
[video=dailymotion;x33pd93]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33pd93_allegri-post-roma_sport[/video]

That makes Marotta a liar.

http://football-italia.net/72309/juve-never-close-draxler

Juve: 'Never close to Draxler'
Beppe Marotta insists Juventus “were never really that close” to Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler, who is heading to Wolfsburg.
A deal had reportedly been done last night for €26m plus €6m bonuses, but suddenly Bundesliga side Wolfsburg emerged to snatch his signature.
“We were not surprised at all, because we knew there was only a slim chance we would get Draxler,” Bianconeri director Marotta told Mediaset Premium.
“We had already heard about these developments over the last few days. We knew it was a complex operation for us.
“His possible arrival was emphasised by the media, as I don’t know on what basis they were reporting of an imminent transfer. The football world is like a bar with constant unfounded stories going round and you can’t stop to deny every one.
“Draxler was a concrete objective, but some time ago. We have quality players, but unfortunately injuries are always around the corner, so as of today the squad is incomplete.”
A deal is reportedly done with Olympique Marseille for Mario Lemina.
“I won’t name names. We face deadline day fairly satisfied.”

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Ugh... He never said that Vidal wants to stay @baggio

and Marotta doesn't say that "Juve: 'Never close to Draxler' - it's just a stupid headliner clickbait. In the quoted interview he says that they knew the chances are slim.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Ugh... He never said that Vidal wants to stay @baggio

and Marotta doesn't say that "Juve: 'Never close to Draxler' - it's just a stupid headliner clickbait. In the quoted interview he says that they knew the chances are slim.
The chances were slim on a 'concrete objective'. And he said Vidal was happy with us, in his own words, which probably implies he was lying about the Vidal situation as well. Juve may have also wanted to cash in on the opportunity just as much as the player wanting that hefty contract. No wonder he flew out to close the deal. It's just shocking the stuff he's done this mercato. No excuses. The AM needed to be here by now.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
No, man. Marotta is being a professional. He doesn't want to spit on the player reputation and say something like - Vidal wanted to leave at all costs, bla-bla-bla. At least my interpretation is like that. Yours is - Marotta is an evil serpent man that lies everybody and wants a mediocre Juventus.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No, man. Marotta is being a professional. He doesn't want to spit on the player reputation and say something like - Vidal wanted to leave at all costs, bla-bla-bla. At least my interpretation is like that. Yours is - Marotta is an evil serpent man that lies everybody and wants a mediocre Juventus.
A professional gets the job done. We reinforced in other positions, but the blatant/glaring hole/gap was @ AM. What have we done about it? Absolutely nothing. It is pathetic really. Beppe's conduct this mercato has been abysmal and embarrassing.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
A professional gets the job done. We reinforced in other positions, but the blatant/glaring hole/gap was @ AM. What have we done about it? Absolutely nothing. It is pathetic really. Beppe's conduct this mercato has been abysmal and embarrassing.
Talk about exaggeration. It's either great or abysmal, no middle ground here. Everything is black or white. We failed to acquire top midfielder, really should have been top priority and I agree that we needed to have replacement at hand before selling Vidal. Entering the last day of mercato where our midfield seems incomplete at best could and should have been avoided. But signings of Sandro, Dybala, Cuadrado, Rugani and Mandzukic cant be overlooked because of failure to acquire player in one area.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Talk about exaggeration. It's either great or abysmal, no middle ground here. Everything is black or white. We failed to acquire top midfielder, really should have been top priority and I agree that we needed to have replacement at hand before selling Vidal. Entering the last day of mercato where our midfield seems incomplete at best could and should have been avoided. But signings of Sandro, Dybala, Cuadrado, Rugani and Mandzukic cant be overlooked because of failure to acquire player in one area.
Finally no exaggeration from your side and some sense of rationality in your post :tup:

digitalbash

Dec 19, 2013
Cuadrado is replacing Coman........
Rugani won't start.
Manduzkic is 19m Llorente replacement who we gave away for free.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Our attack is thin, and our midfield shorn of Vidal and Pirlo, and with less than competent replacements, looks inadequate. As things stand, it is a 4/10 mercato because both Sandro and Draxler are very good buys with the potential to be great. Lemina could also surprise, and Cuadrado "only" on loan is a decent purchase. We have close to zero creativity, and the one position that most required strengthening wasn't addressed. You can't wait until the last 24 hours to address your most pressing issue and then hope and pray for a miracle. We are weaker in both attack and midfield as things are. Selling both Vidal and Coman (what happened to investing in youth?!) was daft. We now have 3 strikers and a wooden stick for our offense, and an injury depleted midfield that lacks any semblance of creativity outside of Pogba.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Our attack is thin, and our midfield shorn of Vidal and Pirlo, and with less than competent replacements, looks inadequate. As things stand, it is a 4/10 mercato because both Sandro and Draxler are very good buys with the potential to be great. Lemina could also surprise, and Cuadrado "only" on loan is a decent purchase. We have close to zero creativity, and the one position that most required strengthening wasn't addressed. You can't wait until the last 24 hours to address your most pressing issue and then hope and pray for a miracle. We are weaker in both attack and midfield as things are. Selling both Vidal and Coman (what happened to investing in youth?!) was daft. We now have 3 strikers and a wooden stick for our offense, and an injury depleted midfield that lacks any semblance of creativity outside of Pogba.
Marchisios and Khediras injuries really came in the worst possible moment, as if opening schedule wasnt tough enough. Still think you're exaggerating a bit :p situation is nowhere near that critical. Mistake was definitely made regarding Vidal's sale before securing replacement. Hope we dont ever pull shit like that again. Was expecting/wishfull hoping we have some good player on stand by, once it became official. Wierd move, puzzling.

Have no concerns regarding our attack, we made the right moves here. Mandzukic, Morata and Dybala are quality players. Dybala is sort of purchase that we would all hope for few years back.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Marchisios and Khediras injuries really came in the worst possible moment, as if opening schedule wasnt tough enough. Still think you're exaggerating a bit :p situation is nowhere near that critical. Mistake was definitely made regarding Vidal's sale before securing replacement. Hope we dont ever pull shit like that again. Was expecting/wishfull hoping we have some good player on stand by, once it became official. Wierd move, puzzling.

Have no concerns regarding our attack, we made the right moves here. Mandzukic, Morata and Dybala are quality players. Dybala is sort of purchase that we would all hope for few years back.
I don't rate Khedira that highly, and our attack is thin as fuck. We only have 3 strikers after the sale of Coman, and Dybala is the only creative force in that attack. What happens if someone gets injured or suspended? I am not exaggerating when I say our midfield and attack have been weakened, perhaps not severely, but significantly. Tevez was our top scorer and best player (not to mention one of our top performers in Europe) for the past two seasons. DUI or not, Vidal's heart, grit and tenacity have not been adequately replaced in midfield. Pirlo was indeed a liability, but we currently have no one who can link midfield with attack, take quality free kicks, or spread the play like he used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)