Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
  • Thread Starter #9,861
    so please don't take this wrongly, if Wolfsburg are paying 36m, we can't match it at this stage or its a matter of what he is going to earn at Wolfs?
    The 36mil, is like the 40 mil aguero

Wolfsburg came and intercepted an agreed deal between clubs and player. Schalke should have said no deal cause we had an agreement, like zamparini said no deal when teams tried to intercept our deal with Dybala.

When they allowed wolfsburg, we are done. Because wolfsburg can give 5mil more then anything we offer. Just like city with aguero or psg with verratti. They can offer double of what we can, and will do it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    What i meant is that we should have hold on to Vidal a little longer, waited to see if there will be another offer, made it known that he is on the market....

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    So are you saying that deals should be measured on a player-by-player basis? Sounds like madness.
    It's a bit formulaic at times isn't it? A player that wants out doesn't necessarily have to be sold in that same week. Everything needs a plan. And we've just sucked at making any this transfer season. Just need to ensure there's no collateral damage.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    It's a bit formulaic at times isn't it? A player that wants out doesn't necessarily have to be sold in that same week. Everything needs a plan. And we've just sucked at making any this transfer season. Just need to ensure there's no collateral damage.
    I'm not going to pretend I know how quickly a deal was agreed for either Vidal or Coman, just because the transfer is completed close to the time the gurus break the story. Besides, for Coman this rumour was around for weeks.

Not sure I agree with "sucked at making any transfer", considering how pleased people were with the early mercato.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm not going to pretend I know how quickly a deal was agreed for either Vidal or Coman, just because the transfer is completed close to the time the gurus break the story. Besides, for Coman this rumour was around for weeks.

Not sure I agree with "sucked at making any transfer", considering how pleased people were with the early mercato.
    Makes it even worse if you're telling me there's a possibility that we had time to plan ahead for the Vidal and Coman sales. And 'sucked at making any plans' not transfers.

- - - Updated - - -

And Draxler isn't worth 40M, IMO
    Notionally, I'd agree with that swagster. But in market dynamics he is only worth what a team is willing to pay for him or eventually pays for him.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Notionally, I'd agree with that swagster. But in market dynamics he is only worth what a team is willing to pay for him or eventually pays for him.
    Anything that touches Man City money is stupid money, IMO.

We're talking about a club that didn't blink to drop 42M on Mangala.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    So are you saying that deals should be measured on a player-by-player basis? Sounds like madness.
    Why sell a player with two years left on his contract if you're not sure you can find a replacement. It screams inept. Slaps you in the face with incompetence. You say no. Tell the player to suck it up and if he won't sign an extension for a year or two you sell him with 1 year left once you've found a replacement. Because only the most inept management team could go through 3 Mercatos without finding a replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't have to be sold at all in fact. Say no. Player sucks it up and plays another year.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Anything that touches Man City money is stupid money, IMO.
    Of course. But it all comes down to supply and demand, the need gap a team has. Now I'm assuming, that we were in for this player basis whatever information was available to us. On the back of Beppe admitting there weren't enough players worthy of Juve you'd think you would want to close that one player we chased pretty much all summer long. Price is an important component here of course, but you have to factor in what it costs you if you lose out on your primary target as well. We would probably know more about how smart or dumb this move would have been, once the bell rings tomorrow. If you absolutely need the player as part of your project, you make the deal, kinda like what we did with Dybala, Sandro. And I speak as someone who isn't a fan of Draxler.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't have to be sold at all in fact. Say no. Player sucks it up and plays another year.
    Beppe himself said Vidal was happy to stay. The club also wanted the move IMO, which makes it worse that they didn't plan well enough to get a worthy enough AM after having all that money. Reminds me of the time Milan sold Ibra and Silva thinking they'd still make the cut.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    But there's paying 5-10M over what Draxler is worth, and then there's paying almost twice his worth. Wolfsburg is being a little stupid with mad money from Man City. They're letting the inflated price windfall they got for De Bruyne inflate what they think Draxler is reasonably worth.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    But there's paying 5-10M over what Draxler is worth, and then there's paying almost twice his worth. Wolfsburg is being a little stupid with mad money from Man City. They're letting the inflated price windfall they got for De Bruyne inflate what they think Draxler is reasonably worth.
    As per what is rumoured, truth or not, basis Allegris words, I think it's true, we were closing this deal at 26m plus 6m bonuses. They closed this deal at 36m. That's 4-10m depending on whether you want to account for the bonuses or not. How were we paying double?

A talent a lot of people here claimed to be the next big thing when he was coming to Juve, bei closed at 36m, when we signed Dybala at 32m? Not as unreasonable and disproportionate a figure as DeBruyne himself went at.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    As per what is rumoured, truth or not, basis Allegris words, I think it's true, we were closing this deal at 26m plus 6m bonuses. They closed this deal at 36m. That's 4-10m depending on whether you want to account for the bonuses or not. How were we paying double?
    Because with his injury status, etc., our original offer was probably closer to what he should be worth. We're talking another 4-10M on top of an inflated price we were willing to pay for Draxler because of our acute need and a lack of credible alternatives.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Because with his injury status, etc., our original offer was probably closer to what he should be worth. We're talking another 4-10M on top of an inflated price we were willing to pay for Draxler because of our acute need and a lack of credible alternatives.
    15m fixed base was our original offer with 9m bonuses? In what universe would you find Draxler cheaper than Zaza? :D

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Of course. But it all comes down to supply and demand, the need gap a team has. Now I'm assuming, that we were in for this player basis whatever information was available to us. On the back of Beppe admitting there weren't enough players worthy of Juve you'd think you would want to close that one player we chased pretty much all summer long. Price is an important component here of course, but you have to factor in what it costs you if you lose out on your primary target as well. We would probably know more about how smart or dumb this move would have been, once the bell rings tomorrow. If you absolutely need the player as part of your project, you make the deal, kinda like what we did with Dybala, Sandro. And I speak as someone who isn't a fan of Draxler.

- - - Updated - - -

Beppe himself said Vidal was happy to stay. The club also wanted the move IMO, which makes it worse that they didn't plan well enough to get a worthy enough AM after having all that money. Reminds me of the time Milan sold Ibra and Silva thinking they'd still make the cut.
    where

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)