Julian Draxler - AM LC - Schalke 04 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If this kid is healthy, he will be a dynamic player behind the strikers.

The thought of a trident of Draxler, Morata, and Dybala just makes me giggle. That is a tremendous amount of skill.

Oh, and Mandzukic, Coman, and Zaza on the bench.

Yeah, that makes me giggle.

With a midfield of Pogba, Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah, Pereyra, Sturaro, and Padoin.

Still giggling.

And seeing his beautiful girlfriend in the stands every week.

Now I'm doing more than giggling

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Curva AKA Romeo Agresti said he spoke to Draxlers agent, its close. He doesnt think it will be done on monday but it will be done very soon.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
di Romeo Agresti e Hassan Talib

25/lug/2015 11.13.00

ESCLUSIVA - Roger Wittmann, agente di Draxler, ha confermato l'accordo con la Juventus: "Ora tocca ai bianconeri parlare con lo Schalke". Intanto Siqueira è caldissimo a sinistra

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Very cautiously excited considering the circumstances.
Cautiously optimistic, yes. Underwhelmed, yes. Disappointed, yes. This was the season we had that one opportunity to make a leap in class, and we have decided to play safe, to the management's strengths. Signing good established players and potential. Given the club's rise across competitions, I'd imagine the new cycle would include at least one big name to replace the outgoing one in terms of profile, not necessarily, position.

I don't think we will give him the 10 if he comes IMO
He's done nothing to deserve it. He's n different than Dybala or Zaza asking for it. Would be ground zero for all.

This will be Allegri's team. He always talks about high technical level of the game and now he'll be given players that are capable of doing that. Less grinta but it won't matter much since we'll have more talent to finish our opponents off (scoring more goals and keeping more possession). Imagine Pogba linking up with Dybala, Draxler and Morata :D Yet you have Marchisio and Khedira who are good technically as well. Coman, Pereyra and Asamoah on the bench give some options as well.
Hmm, it also kind of worries me a little bit. My feeling is that flair and fancy are very temperamental aspects in a game, where a player having an off day or is not in he game, may not be able to deliver. But one who relies on a work ethic is someone who will always deliver just by being on the pitch alone. I think it bothers me somehwat, that Allegri is more a tactician than a man manager, and in a scenario like that, you'd need someone to keep everyone's chin up, and over the course of the season, stay motivated. This to me, is unlikely to happen so you are more likely to see nice, comfortable wins, fluid displays on the field, but you are as likely to deal with more than the odd loss, and perhaps lose the sense of consistency, as drab and predictable as it may have been, but that has defined our identity the last four seasons.

That apart, I feel like we've created ground zero for Allegri much like we did with Conte when he first came here, but his time we are in a far stronger position than we were then, and despite that haven't capitalised enough with a primary position like AM, to optimise Allegris attacking mindset in the way he perhaps deserved for the season he just helped us achieve.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are a more naturally gifted team than last year, but that won't guarantee consistency, or even a title. Not a complaint, just an observation. That said, I am slightly bothered by the fact that we are a Juve 'lite' version in attack this season. And it doesn't help the fact that we haven't adequately replaced the outgoing pillars of the team, Vidal in particular, with an equally big profile, morale boosting signing. I guess that leads us back to Draxler vs Goetze.

Dybala will get the #10 in a yr or two.

But I want Draxler to get the #10 just to see many people getting pissed off :tuttosport:
#10 at Wolfsburg, even better. :D

A lot of potential in this kid, something about him hasn't fully convinced me yet though. He's a bit of a lanky mover.
Well spotted, I too personally, perhaps have a bias against lanky players in attacking positions, especially CAMs. I feel like their movement tends to be against defenders who are normally equally tall, and therefore these attackers are easier to read as they're not as a nimble and sure-footed. The other thing is because of the amount of trickery and balance attacking positions require, I always feel, shorter players are better suited to those positions, and lastly, maybe I'm wrong here, but I feel (not necessarily statistically correct) taller players are also more prone to injury as a result of their higher centre of gravity.

Hope he settles in. My biggest fear is him not settling in Turin.
Doubt that's an issue really, it's easy to adapt to more for most serious professionals, but other than that also, seeing how young this current crop is, I think they will all get along to create their own little sub culture.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Play it safe, @baggio?

Juve are doing anything but playing it safe.

Bringing in youth such as Dybala, Vadala, Rugani, Zaza and potentially Draxler, with Berardi coming next year is anything but playing it safe. It's a bold move. A move that could lead to one step back this year but three steps forward in the future. This is a full on youth movement for a club that was 90 minutes away from an historic treble.

I can't see how these moves are considered passive. It is a risk. A HUGE risk. But it is a risk that management is willing to take. We all knew that the cycle of current players was going to end sooner or later. The sale of Vidal has moved that forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)