Juan Roman Riquelme (4 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
bianconero said:
"Tronco de árbol" Requelme, is only fairly young, just imagine his pace and movement in a few years time.
Riquelme doesnt need pace, he makes his own space using great strength, touches and movement.

IMO he would be a far better signing for Juve than Aimar

OP
Batigol

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
  • Thread Starter #333
    Boksic said:
    Riquelme doesnt need pace, he makes his own space using great strength, touches and movement.

IMO he would be a far better signing for Juve than Aimar

you are right,

the guys here are asking for a plyer who is strong, fast, skillful, changes the course of the match. in other word they are asking for 'dinho. all other player (lampard, ballak, and co)

we can't buy him, so we go for the second best player, IMO it is Roman.

they say that he choked in the last min, i say we (the whole team) chocked for 360 mins.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    It's either Kaká or Riquelme. Noone else can solve our problems. So Riquelme is more realistic and cheaper.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    I know this article is a few days old but....

Riquelme: Sad, but staying (Skysports)
    By Phil Jackson - Created on 28 Apr 2006

Villarreal's Juan Roman Riquelme is still suffering after his UEFA Champions League penalty miss, but says he is going nowhere.

The Argentine, who missed a crucial last minute penalty in the Champions League semi-final with Arsenal, insists he will stay despite much transfer speculation.

His Primera Liga side defied the odds to get to the final stages of the competition, and Riquelme is proud to be at the club.

"I always feel bad when we don't win," he commented.

"I am responsible for taking penalties and sometimes you score, others you don't.

"But I am proud of my team and what we have achieved because we have had a marvellous Champions League campaign.

"We deserve credit for what we have done. Everyone in the Champions League wants to reach the final and we were so close, without having a side as strong as others.

"I hope I can continue to help the club grow because it is hard to believe what we have achieved over the last three years," he said.

Villarreal are tenth in La Liga four points away from Sevilla and a Uefa Cup spot, with four games remaining.

They face ninth-placed Getafe at El Madrigal in their next must win fixture.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems he doesnt want to leave, I know that man utd had a bid of 10 mil rejected earliar on in the month, therefore his price tag would undoubtly be much higher and question really is how much are juve prepared to spend.. some would have said that now that his out of CL we have a better chance of getting him, somehow I doubt that he will be amongst the Argentina squad this world cup and he will definetly get a chance to play. Infact his got a chance to even have a starting line up. Pekerman has rated his chances highly and praised him in recent newspapers so this guys certainly gonna do well.

On another note I just wanted to highlight some important features all in all his scored 11 goals this season so far. He scored 15 the seaons before. According to uefa.com his taken 25 on target shots at the opposition goals in his 10 starts, which is undoubtly more than any of our midfielders and possible even our defense this season. As for the comments regarding his not a penalty taker.. well all I can say about that is you aint addressing all the penalties he has taken. He has scored most of the penalties for villareal this season and was unfortunate to miss the crucial one against arsenal. He hit the penalty on target, which is obviously better than off target and we see time and time again a lot of players doing that when taking penalty. Also it was directed towards a corner and wasnt exactly straight and neither lacked sufficient power. Lehman at the end of the day made a good save, he made a good choice and got lucky.

Anyway that aside, I dont see him coming to us, so its best if we start looking at more realistic options.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Daddi said:
    It's either Kaká or Riquelme. Noone else can solve our problems. So Riquelme is more realistic and cheaper.
    That's BS. We're not going to get Kaka or Riquelme and of course there are other people that can solve our problems. Our problems have more to do with tactics than personnel, all we need is a good passer with a bit of creativity to play next to our holding midfielder. Get someone like Sneijder, Rosicky, Pizarro or Carrick, cut out this long ball foolishness and we'll do well. Changes are necessary but not as drastic as some people think and we don't need a world-beating playmaker like Kaka, Aimar or Ronaldinho to win matches.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I'd still prefer Aimar myself...

but Stu is right about tactics being the problem. As Pado pointed out elsewhere, this club could take a Kaká and make him play as a DM and squander his creative talents.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Batigol said:
    even with todays display, i say we still need him.
    No, we don't. We need someone who can pass the ball, is creative and uses technical expertise to open up defences. Riquelme does all of this but he contributes nothing defensively, he needs the ball at his feet as often as possible to be effective and isn't very good when he isn't the focal point of the team's offensive play. If we sign Riquelme we'll have to build the team around him and that isn't a very good idea if you ask me.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    swag said:
    I'd still prefer Aimar myself...

but Stu is right about tactics being the problem. As Pado pointed out elsewhere, this club could take a Kaká and make him play as a DM and squander his creative talents.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an Aimar or a Kaka here at Juve but I'm just trying to be realistic and we don't need a player of immense quality to save us as we're not a bad team by any means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)