Juan Roman Riquelme (2 Viewers)

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
Argentine Video FTP Closing Soon
The soccer video ftp that some of you have been using will be closing in about a month from now. :bold:I'm going to spain for a half a year to be a pablito aimar groupie (unofficially). :/bold: There have been many updates in the last month or so.

Alan, could you put a similar message on your argstorm bbs, some of the best responses to the ftp have been from asia. Thanks

Buy on AliExpress.com

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
THey confirmed what I thought....

Altough I must say I am quite Dissappointed with the D'Ale
Video

its mostly him just shooting banana shots..........

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Our sister site is Spain, futbolera.com, has exclusively reported that Luis Van Gaal criticised Barcelona's big summer signing Juan Roman Riquelme after their shambolic friendly defeat to Grenoble.

Grenoble, who finished 16th in the French second division last season, defeated a flat Barca 1-0 leaving their Dutch coach unhappy with his Argentine superstar.

It is clear that Van Gaal wants Riquelme to change his style of play that made him such a hit at Boca Juniors and play wider on the left.

"You must play ten meters more to the left," van Gaal ordered the Argentinean.

"Riquelme didn't use the spaces his position needs to, and this created problems in his game. In Argentina he always played as the only offensive creator, but in this scheme he needs to stand ten meters towards the left," he added.

===================

I think Riq will only need some time to fully adapt to the new surroundings at Barca ... i've heard he didn't even take Rivaldo's #10 shirt, he opted for #5 instead .. is he that scared of stepping-up and taking Rivaldo's place at Barca .....?

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #26
    No, he wants to compete on equal terms with the majestic Zizou ;):D

0-1 to Grenoble? :LOL::LOL::LOL:
    Better get your troops in order soon, Van Gaal, the seaon is about to start! ;)

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Welcome back Louis Van Gaal, nothing it seems is his fault, the same problem he had with Rivaldo, he now has with Riquelme it seems

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    I guess ur right, but Barca fans can't wait that long .. as Rivaldo was very crucial and had a greater impact on Barca than Zidane had at Juve ...

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Roman is coming from a different country, different culture and can't really be expected to turn it on on his very first game, didn't see the game so i can't say how dissapointing he was if at all

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #35
    Friendly Report: Riquelme Bags A Brace As Barca Beat Parma

Barcelona's freshly-recruited Argentinean sensation Juan Román Riquelme netted twice for his new team in what was an impressive 4-2 win for the Catalans over Italian side Parma in the opening game of the Amsterdam tournament this evening.

All six goal came during an action-packed first-half, which saw Geovanni open up the scoring after being neatly picked out by Gabri. Di Vaio capitalized on a mix-up between De Boer and Enke to make it all square on the half-hour mark, minutes after which Riquelme opened his account with a sublime 35 yard effort, which beat Frey all ends up. The former Boca Juniors playmaker hit mesh again on 42 minutes after Marchionni had again leveled matters for Parma, before Rochemback completed the 4-2 scoreline with a majestic freekick on 45 minutes.

Barca are now favourites to win the four team tournament – which also includes Ajax and Manchester United – as the victory over Parma gave them seven points (three for the win and one for each goal).

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    AFC Ajax 2-1 Manchester United! :thumb: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Let's see who is going to win this year's Amsterdam tournament...

Barcelona 7 pts
    AFC Ajax 5 pts
    AC Parma 2 pts
    Manchester United 1 pt

Still to come Sunday 04/08/02: Barcelona - AFC Ajax and Manchester United - AC Parma

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Finally I get to see Riquelme and he actually lived upto his name. That goal was a screamer. And he is good on the ball as well as off the ball. I'll be checking him out in the next game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)