Juan Guillermo Cuadrado - RWB/RM/LM - Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He was never RB for Viola. He was RB in Lecce before he became "good", and was Dani Alves type (but way way worse defensively). Wing back and CM in Udinese.

Fiorentina is either winger or forward, or very offensive wing back in 3-5-2 (Joaquin played wing back for them too there, offensive approach on the right side).

I agree with X, he would be good for 20m or so, would give decisive individualistic solutions and raw ability and pace in 3 man attack.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He was never RB for Viola. He was RB in Lecce before he became "good", and was Dani Alves type (but way way worse defensively). Wing back and CM in Udinese.

Fiorentina is either winger or forward, or very offensive wing back in 3-5-2 (Joaquin played wing back for them too there, offensive approach on the right side).

I agree with X, he would be good for 20m or so, would give decisive individualistic solutions and raw ability and pace in 3 man attack.
5mil+25mil without obligation seems a good deal imo.

it doesnt equal 30 mil as we can delay the big cost a year, and we get to judge wether he'll go back to his excellent form back at fiorentina.

Allways liked cuadrado, and i disagree that he's a headless chicken. He's the kind of winger you can go 433 with, without having to worry about balance cause of that workrate and offensive ability

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
5mil+25mil without obligation seems a good deal imo.

it doesnt equal 30 mil as we can delay the big cost a year, and we get to judge wether he'll go back to his excellent form back at fiorentina.

Allways liked cuadrado, and i disagree that he's a headless chicken. He's the kind of winger you can go 433 with, without having to worry about balance cause of that workrate and offensive ability
A loan within those terms would be ideal but I still don't see us switching to 433, IF Allegri had the 433 formation in mind, the most logical thing would have been the purchase of Berardi and since Coman is our only "real" winger we certainly wouldn't have any back ups for that position and we might end up misusing Dybala, also Zaza would never play because he has Morata and Mandzukic ahead of him... if there is money, a world class AM would be my first choice but if there is not or we do not want to overpay for a meh player, we should just play Pereyra there and keep the money for winter mercato or next summer...

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Loan with no obligation would be a very good deal IMO. He can rebuild his career with us, knows the league well, and gives us width and tactical flexibility. This is the only transfer I see happening from now until the end of August.

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
well Allegri already pointed he wanted a winger, so I guess this makes sense, and Cuadrado is not headless, like someone pointed out, in an offensive 4-3-3 with Dybala and Morata he'd be beast, in fact that would rip teams apart tbh..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
A loan within those terms would be ideal but I still don't see us switching to 433, IF Allegri had the 433 formation in mind, the most logical thing would have been the purchase of Berardi and since Coman is our only "real" winger we certainly wouldn't have any back ups for that position and we might end up misusing Dybala, also Zaza would never play because he has Morata and Mandzukic ahead of him... if there is money, a world class AM would be my first choice but if there is not or we do not want to overpay for a meh player, we should just play Pereyra there and keep the money for winter mercato or next summer...
We lost Tevez. Dybala is still very green, and Berardi is yet to have a big season like Dybala. We need some established class.
Mandzukic is partially that. But he's a CF. He can carry the team a bit, but not like a cavani or lewandowski.

Cuadrado would make sense. You'd get established class for the buildup.

One thing now strongly comes into mind. This team is very quickly setting up for a 4231 if Pogba would leave

----Vidal/sturaro - Marchisio/Khedira

Cuadrado --- Dybala -- Coman/Berardi
-----------Morata/Mandzukic

A good 4231 allways has complete holding midfielders, one beeing more aggressive, the other beeing a controller that is good defensively.
Cuadrado is an excellent pick cause he offers alot of workrate and offensive value, same can be said about Berardi on the other side if he develops, or Coman if he explodes to the player Allegri sees in him
Dybala would play more offensively, but has a known good workrate
Meanwhile, both Morata and especially Mandzukic have excellent workrate, both played this position in this formation, and especially Mandzukic was excellent in it.

Tbh, IF we would sell Pogba, we could theoretically finance reus and play this

---Marchisio - Vidal

Cuadrado - Dybala - Reus

------Mandzukic

Yeah good luck trying to play against that

- - - Updated - - -

From what i'm seeing now, we are building a team that can go in alot of directions depending on what youngster explodes, and can easely field a worldclass lineup with 1 big transfer If pogba leaves

I really admire the vision our board is showing

EyeC_U

Jan 10, 2015
We lost Tevez. Dybala is still very green, and Berardi is yet to have a big season like Dybala. We need some established class.
Mandzukic is partially that. But he's a CF. He can carry the team a bit, but not like a cavani or lewandowski.

Cuadrado would make sense. You'd get established class for the buildup.

One thing now strongly comes into mind. This team is very quickly setting up for a 4231 if Pogba would leave

----Vidal/sturaro - Marchisio/Khedira

Cuadrado --- Dybala -- Coman/Berardi
-----------Morata/Mandzukic

A good 4231 allways has complete holding midfielders, one beeing more aggressive, the other beeing a controller that is good defensively.
Cuadrado is an excellent pick cause he offers alot of workrate and offensive value, same can be said about Berardi on the other side if he develops, or Coman if he explodes to the player Allegri sees in him
Dybala would play more offensively, but has a known good workrate
Meanwhile, both Morata and especially Mandzukic have excellent workrate, both played this position in this formation, and especially Mandzukic was excellent in it.

Tbh, IF we would sell Pogba, we could theoretically finance reus and play this

---Marchisio - Vidal

Cuadrado - Dybala - Reus

------Mandzukic

Yeah good luck trying to play against that

- - - Updated - - -

From what i'm seeing now, we are building a team that can go in alot of directions depending on what youngster explodes, and can easely field a worldclass lineup with 1 big transfer If pogba leaves

I really admire the vision our board is showing
We would really have a very scary offensive front line in that formation... It's quite hard to tell what style and formation will be adopting next season for now. If we do get Cuadrado, I hope he plays like a real champion and make me STFU.

Yeah the board no longer suffers from short-termitis like in the Secco era :sergio:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, with Mandzukic and Cuadrado, we arent trowing all the eggs in one Dybala basket, while enabeling Allegri to play pretty much any modern formation based on what youngster develops

Oh btw, those mentionning Licht's form ?

Asamoah and especially Cuadrado make excellent wingbacks in a 352, just saying

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
cuadrado is not so bad, plus if he were to feature in a front three alongside dybala and morata, he will get space to express himself, he also helps out defensively, for 15-20 mil hed be a good deal imo
Absolutely
He's better in a 4-4-2 or as a RB imo.
No he isn't at all.
has he ever played RB?
IIRC he was an offensive wingback, or a winger that tracked back
He was a wing back for a bit under montella, 3 5 2, doesn't suit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)