Juan Cuadrado (59 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
any player coming in to replace cuadrado has big shoes to fill.

has to be able to score clutch goals in CL and against hated rivals

has to be able to shield ball and take pressure off to allow the incredibly slow rest of juve squad to get foreward in to their prefered positions forward (not to score from the crosses but to back pass it back to midfield and defense)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
To be a Juventus legend, you should also be a legend of with wider game or at least considered a 'great'.

Cuadrado, Mandzukic, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner... nah
That is such a messed up logic although i dont disagree with those players not being legends but what is that all time list then, only players like DP, Buffon, Platini, Sivori?

Its kind of like Grosso 2006. How is he not Azzurri legend? He is absolute nobody for clubs on the big picture when you think about it. But surely he is Azzurri legend, right? Him particularly. Surely? Especially since Italy cant even qualify these days. And this guy won the pen against Aus, scored against Germany and winning pen in the final. Context is everything.

Or even Cannavaro, largely random club career, didnt even play CL final ever, never ever (how many league titles did he even win with clubs?). But how isnt he Azzurri legend and surely all time great if he captained his country to WC trophy? Chiellini in comparison has NEVER played a knockout WC game. So where does one draw the line? Brazilian Ronaldo is what? He never even played CL final. Which club legend is Ronaldo then? Which club?

When you think about it, all those players who stayed here 2006, they are Juve legends. Context is everything. Particularly for a club like Juventus. Of course i dont consider Boumsong and Kovac who played in B legends but you get the picture, right?

How long have you been Juve fan? Between DP, Nedved, Buffon, Camoranesi, Trezeguet, who is and who isnt Juve legend? We could have been DP and bunch of Zebinas and Legrotagglies in 2006.

Ferrara and Pessotto, 10 years at Juve, 500 appearances combined, both scored in 1996 CL final penalties. When you look at the grand scheme of things now. Surely those guys are absolutely Juve legends?

Raul is Real legend, still most apps for Madrid, before the whole Ronaldo/Messi crap he was lead scorer in CL for years, surely a legend player, but Spain did absolutely nothing till he retired. Its pretty fine line between who is legend and who isnt for which club or which are those wider game terms. Again, surely Raul was considered even living legend till he played for Madrid, i for sure remember him being considered that. But that was before all those Benzemas and Ronaldos showed up.

Imagine this:

CL final 2025
Juventus 2-1 Madrid

Mbappe 26
Rabbiot 87
De Sciglio 89

So are those guys more or less legends, or still not legends for us compared to what? Context is everything. I repeat. Brazilian Ronaldo never even played CL final. Raul never did anything with Spain. Who is, and who isnt legend?

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Certainly. Arguably our greatest full back ever. Can play both right back and left back too.

Also, I think sometimes we take tribalism a little too far. Can we honestly deny Conte as a Juve legend considering everything he achieved as a player and manager?
so this thread is the legend debate club now?

ok debate this one: Zambrotta
I will continue to post this for the people who still don't get it:

The 37 year old defender also revealed a lot of truth regarding his move to Barcelona during Calciopoli scandal.

“My conscience was clean. Why did I ever have to pay for a fault that was not mine?,“ he asked rheoterically.

”I never understood the rush Juve had to sell me. I was never asked to stay to be part of the new beginning.”

“I honestly never really wanted to leave but in truth I was sold. I had just finished putting together a new house in Torino. When I went to Juventus headquarters to meet with Barca’s executives, Juve had already signed the documents to sell me.

“Back in the day, Alessio Secco even advised [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic to accept any important offer he might have gotten and leave.

“Any Juve player that would have been asked to the club had been sold. Those who stayed at Juve never really had a concrete offer to leave or just simply were offered important contracts in the club, unlike me.

“It really hurt me when the media started the traitor story which caused the fans to hate me. I kept expecting the club to deny and clarify what happened. It only came two years later when it was already too late.

At the end of the day had Calciopoli not occurred, I would have never left Juventus. And the scandal was certainly not my fault.”

Zambrotta also added that legendary Juventus keeper would have been sold to AC Milan but the deal could not go ahead as Milan were also involved in Calciopoli

“Not everyone knows this but Buffon had already closed the deal with Milan,“ he confessed.

”But did not go through because they were at risk too [during Calciopoli].”

“Juve had the necessity of selling many stars in order to compensate the lack of profit they received from the sponsors. They kept some, but not all.

“If they had not sold me, Ibra, Cannavaro, Thuram and Vieira, they would have gone bankrupt.”

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

The 37 year old defender also revealed a lot of truth regarding his move to Barcelona during Calciopoli scandal.

“My conscience was clean. Why did I ever have to pay for a fault that was not mine?,“ he asked rheoterically.

”I never understood the rush Juve had to sell me. I was never asked to stay to be part of the new beginning.”

“I honestly never really wanted to leave but in truth I was sold. I had just finished putting together a new house in Torino. When I went to Juventus headquarters to meet with Barca’s executives, Juve had already signed the documents to sell me.

“Back in the day, Alessio Secco even advised [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic to accept any important offer he might have gotten and leave.

“Any Juve player that would have been asked to the club had been sold. Those who stayed at Juve never really had a concrete offer to leave or just simply were offered important contracts in the club, unlike me.

“It really hurt me when the media started the traitor story which caused the fans to hate me. I kept expecting the club to deny and clarify what happened. It only came two years later when it was already too late.

At the end of the day had Calciopoli not occurred, I would have never left Juventus. And the scandal was certainly not my fault.”

Zambrotta also added that legendary Juventus keeper would have been sold to AC Milan but the deal could not go ahead as Milan were also involved in Calciopoli

“Not everyone knows this but Buffon had already closed the deal with Milan,“ he confessed.

“Juve had the necessity of selling many stars in order to compensate the lack of profit they received from the sponsors. They kept some, but not all.

“If they had not sold me, Ibra, Cannavaro, Thuram and Vieira, they would have gone bankrupt.”
move Zambrotta to legend section please.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Sure thing traitor

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Certainly. Arguably our greatest full back ever. Can play both right back and left back too.

Also, I think sometimes we take tribalism a little too far. Can we honestly deny Conte as a Juve legend considering everything he achieved as a player and manager?
On the left side, Cabrini was probably the best left back we ever had.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

I think Zambrotta is that highly rated because he was an attacking fullback and was much more on the ball than the average fullback back in the day so he stood out. However numbers wise he doesn't really stand out with the modern fullbacks of today, 35 assists in 7 seasons or 5/season is rather mediocre for our greatest fullback ever.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Greatest fullback ever? What rubbish.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

I remember a quote from him along the lines of "I feel like I wasted years of my career at Juventus" and now I can't find it.

Sorry Gianluca, been hating you for years :heart:

So I know that Cannavaro also didn't want to leave but we needed the money from his sale, Zlatan is whatever I don't care that he moved. Same with Viera, Mutu and Emerson.

Thuram is for sure a dickhead. Is he the only one in the end?

- - - Updated - - -

Hold on

“My conscience was clean. Why did I ever have to pay for a fault that was not mine?“

Who does he think was at fault, though? Us or the FIGC?

- - - Updated - - -

You won a lot of Serie A titles with Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello at Juventus. After more than five years, what is your opinion today about the Calciopoli scandal of 2006?
I am quite bored with Calciopoli. There has been far too much talking. I say every time that I have won five Scudetti in my career: four with Juve and one in Milan.
https://www.worldsoccer.com/world-soccer-latest/gianluca-zambrotta-interview-333920

Does he say that because he feels it was a personal achievement? Or because the title was taken away unfairly? Important distinction.

- - - Updated - - -

Your last two titles at Juve were expunged due to Calciopoli. If we ask you how many you won overall, would you say two or four?
Four, definitely. I can only speak about what the players gave on the pitch - we gave our best and won those titles, so it's normal that I regard them as mine. I don't want to think back to the events off the pitch.
https://www.pressreader.com/australia/fourfourtwo/20210310/281741272154860

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He is no traitor.
The fact he had just bought a new house in Turin, didn't want to leave and found out Juve had agreed to sell him before he even had a chance to make a decision should should be enough to clear his name.

Interested to know what anyone calling him a traitor thinks of Buffon then after he agreed to join Milan.

I've never considered Cannavaro a traitor either. Was also a forced sale and he came back.

The only player that annoys me is Thuram because he has always sounded like a pretentious cunt when talking about us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 48)