Juan Cuadrado (28 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Here's the problem with Cuadrado.

I'd love to have him back as the backup RB at a lesser salary playing a role similar to Bonucci this year. He'd 100% be a backup to a new signing for RB. He'd be more than capable in that role.

BUT, we all know if they bring back Cuadrado, they'll probably be too cheap/selective in the transfer market, not sign anyone, and just roll with Cuadrado and De Sciglio for next year.

I'd rather management not have the crutch of Cuadrado to lean on when going into the transfer market and looking for a new starting RB. Cuadrado leaving would force them to prioritize that position and not F around.
Exactly. My fear is they bring back Cuadrado and he steals playing time from someone like Cambiaso.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I like Cambiaso, and very much prefer having him over DeSciglio as backup, but as a starter for Juve to replace Cuadrado? We better bring in someone better.
Yeah im not totally sold he should be starting for Juventus either, but I also wouldn't sacrifice his minutes for Cuadrado. I see both of them as more backup types, but at least Cambiaso has upside to be more.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
cambiaso plays on the left

cuadrado won't steal any minute of playtime from him
cambiaso is two footed and plays both. It just depends on where the team needs him. If they get Augusto (I actually believe that rumor for some reason, maybe because of the relationship with Monza) then his best chance of playing time is on the right.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Keeping him on lower wages is the only expiring contract that makes sense. If we actually bring in a proper right back then he’s not exactly going to cause a fuss about being a back up. It’s certainly better than having to field Barbieri or De shitlio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)