Juan Cuadrado (9 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wonder why his assists "disappeared" this season. He is yet to make the first assist in 2021/22.
It's kinda strange since in his previous 6 seasons with us, he had more assists than goals in each of those seasons. Last season he had his peak with 17 assists (and only 2 goals). But this season he's not making any assists, and he already scored 3 goals.

Now, the obvious answer would be: Ronaldo's not here anymore. But in the three seasons when Ronaldo was here, Cuadrado made 26 assists and only 6 of those were for Ronaldo. Usually Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic were Cuadrado's main target, and last year it was Morata. Dybala and Morata are still here, but Cuadrado isn't making any assists. It's a little strange to see Bernardeschi with 4, or Bentancur with 3 assists, and Cuadrado with zero.

Is Allegri using him differently than Pirlo, Sarri, or Allegri himself from 2015-19? Are our strikers missing the chances created for them by Cuadrado? (I don't remember m(any) missed chances this year created by Cuads). Maybe just a coincidence?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You're being pedantic. Dancing is part of culture, especially in countries like Colombia and the South American continent in general.

Are we going to denigrate every African or South American athlete who chooses to dance after scoring a goal because they're not being stiffs like white Euro cucks who can't dance? :boh: :b81:

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
You're being pedantic. Dancing is part of culture, especially in countries like Colombia and the South American continent in general.

Are we going to denigrate every African or South American athlete who chooses to dance after scoring a goal because they're not being stiffs like white Euro cucks who can't dance? :boh: :b81:
Im saying i dont like it, im not hating on him for doing that. I said in the first post, that I hope to see him do this more often meaning (scoring more goals).

- - - Updated - - -

Im saying i dont like it, im not hating on him for doing that. I said in the first post, that I hope to see him do this more often meaning (scoring more goals).
I wonder why his assists "disappeared" this season. He is yet to make the first assist in 2021/22.
It's kinda strange since in his previous 6 seasons with us, he had more assists than goals in each of those seasons. Last season he had his peak with 17 assists (and only 2 goals). But this season he's not making any assists, and he already scored 3 goals.

Now, the obvious answer would be: Ronaldo's not here anymore. But in the three seasons when Ronaldo was here, Cuadrado made 26 assists and only 6 of those were for Ronaldo. Usually Dybala, Higuain and Mandzukic were Cuadrado's main target, and last year it was Morata. Dybala and Morata are still here, but Cuadrado isn't making any assists. It's a little strange to see Bernardeschi with 4, or Bentancur with 3 assists, and Cuadrado with zero.

Is Allegri using him differently than Pirlo, Sarri, or Allegri himself from 2015-19? Are our strikers missing the chances created for them by Cuadrado? (I don't remember m(any) missed chances this year created by Cuads). Maybe just a coincidence?
So you're saying our most hated players, Berna and Bentan have 4 and 3 assists respectively.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Throw players into the box and recycle possession to a wide cuadrado was something frequently done last season when chasing a goal. Despite the mixed results this season, we haven't actually spent much time behind and haven't seen as much play through Cuadrado.

Probably doesn't make sense now without Ronaldo in the team anyway. Even if not every cross was going to Ronaldo he is drawing a lot of a attention in a situation like that.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Cuads is amazing. His dance is amazing. Had a few sub par games in the middle of this season, but it's no coincidence that the team plays better when Cuadrado plays better. That has been proven over and over again the past few seasons.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Unless he's willing to lower his wage by a lot, I'd honestly let him go too. Apart from a few moments of brilliance he's been dreadful all year. Age is catching up to him and it's better to let go too soon than too late.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Unless he's willing to lower his wage by a lot, I'd honestly let him go too. Apart from a few moments of brilliance he's been dreadful all year. Age is catching up to him and it's better to let go too soon than too late.
I think the issue is that quite often he is our one and only attacking player able to create something out of nothing. He is trying to do too much at times, probably because he knows nobody else will.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Doesn't look like you're handling the draw well. There are dozens players thats needs to leave, but not him.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Happy to keep cuads. We have a lot to offload and replace, he isnt an issue. We need to start thinking about a long term replacement but right now cuads offers versatility on that right side..starting or cover.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)