Juan Cuadrado (28 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
1606616293693.png

- - - Updated - - -

If we can upgrade on Cuadrados position, Im all for it, but I would say there are other positons we should upgrade on first.
Yes I agree that Cuads (along with Danilo) right now aren't the positions/players to upgrade. Good site that I go too and looking at it nonsense to upgrade guys performing well. Disregarding whatever Para has not given Pirlo, the ball is in the manager's court and HE NEEDS to perform as manager.

No way with what little posters think Pirlo has that Bene level clubs shouldn't get beaten day-in-day out. Yes Morata and #10 missed easy goals but WTF, get the job done. Again I agree with Daniel that some young inexperienced talent should get some action. Could they have played any worst yesterday?

Plenty of confidence with MDL and Demiral as 1st team at CB. As long as CR7 is in the lineup, no worries for me up front. So the midfield needs to finish the connection. I see plenty of qualified players that Pirlo has at hand at MF. So like i stated earlier. The ball's in is court, HE NEEDS to perform as manager.

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
Cuadrado is a microcosm of this Juventus season for me. As sometimes it’s more accurate to admit that we don’t have all the answers to all of life’s conundrums.

My eyes show me how effective he can be, beating the first man on an elite number of occasions. My eyes also tell me that he’s generally quite ineffective once that first man is beaten. For all those who have elevated him to a “club legend”, Juventus are off to their poorest start in a decade. Most of Juve’s play comes through this right side... through Cuadrado. If you take a game like Lazio, where he was fantastic, what is there to say about only scoring one goal?? Blame Ronaldo, Morata, bad luck and the crossbar? I don’t know. It’s clearly difficult to analyze him as he’s got a world class ability to beat his man but also offers less production than it appears he should. 5 assists in 13 games is good, but it looks like he should contribute more given his skill set.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Cuadrado is a microcosm of this Juventus season for me. As sometimes it’s more accurate to admit that we don’t have all the answers to all of life’s conundrums.

My eyes show me how effective he can be, beating the first man on an elite number of occasions. My eyes also tell me that he’s generally quite ineffective once that first man is beaten. For all those who have elevated him to a “club legend”, Juventus are off to their poorest start in a decade. Most of Juve’s play comes through this right side... through Cuadrado. If you take a game like Lazio, where he was fantastic, what is there to say about only scoring one goal?? Blame Ronaldo, Morata, bad luck and the crossbar? I don’t know. It’s clearly difficult to analyze him as he’s got a world class ability to beat his man but also offers less production than it appears he should. 5 assists in 13 games is good, but it looks like he should contribute more given his skill set.
Good post. You should post more.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Feel free to use the other side of the field. If you can find anyone over there worth a damn....

"Hey this guy sucks, how does he find himself involved in every attack and also play defence, and also he has 5 assists, and also he plays 90 minutes every 3 days..."

Would you rather a player that *doesn't* find himself in attack?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Cuadrado is best drado

Too many turds here think a wide player is supposed to be a highlights reel. Why they will also, wrongly, be dissapointed with players like Kulusevski and Chiesa who were excellent acquisitions

I agree that Cuadrado is not the best in the final 3rd and maybe you could use a better attacker in games where you are dominating possession but the devaluing of Cuadrado (which tbf has gone on for years) has always baffled me.

I wouldn't use him as a wide forward but he is an excellent choice for a WB

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Good post. You should post more.
And.. you should certainly post less then.

Could sure help in you making less of a fool out of yourself on a daily basis by trying to make a point of how much you hate and dislike this player for no real argument whatsoever other than you being frustrated that the balls goes through him more often than not, that must be oficially the lamest argument that can be, if there were others capable of carrying the ball and holding on to possesion the way Cuads does then they sure would be exploiting that aswell but so far what you(and a very few others apparently) seem to fail to aknowledge is that it’s not himself asking to be run into the ground and put under intensive workrate all the time, it’s the other players that shit their pants and pass it sideways to him when they are under the slightest sight of pressure, something that should not be our main go-to tactic when starting from the back because also other teams are aware we are building almost like with a playmaker-wingback hybrid with him there and tend to close down in numbers around him, so yeah, altough i agree with the overall census that perhaps we should not be so overly reliant on him, what i still fail to understand foremost is how is that even in the slightest his own fault, there’s other positions and areas on the pitch that need to step up and sort this mess by balacing things around before even considering dropping the main ball carrier we have.

Cuadrado is doing his job, and he is doing it quite well nonetheless.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
And.. you should certainly post less then.

Could sure help in you making less of a fool out of yourself on a daily basis by trying to make a point of how much you hate and dislike this player for no real argument whatsoever other than you being frustrated that the balls goes through him more often than not, that must be oficially the lamest argument that can be, if there were others capable of carrying the ball and holding on to possesion the way Cuads does then they sure would be exploiting that aswell but so far what you(and a very few others apparently) seem to fail to aknowledge is that it’s not himself asking to be run into the ground and put under intensive workrate all the time, it’s the other players that shit their pants and pass it sideways to him when they are under the slightest sight of pressure, something that should not be our main go-to tactic when starting from the back because also other teams are aware we are building almost like with a playmaker-wingback hybrid with him there and tend to close down in numbers around him, so yeah, altough i agree with the overall census that perhaps we should not be so overly reliant on him, what i still fail to understand foremost is how is that even in the slightest his own fault, there’s other positions and areas on the pitch that need to step up and sort this mess by balacing things around before even considering dropping the main ball carrier we have.

Cuadrado is doing his job, and he is doing it quite well nonetheless.
you wrote all that and I didn’t even read it. LOL

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
you wrote all that and I didn’t even read it. LOL
Imagine thinking i care if you read it or not, point there was to debunk all your crap on this subject and if you have even a few functioning braincells then you would probably already know by now that it was more meant for the overall tuzzer trying to summarize/understand something out of this back and forth debate to maybe know for future reference to not take anything you say serious, which you’ve managed to reiterate once again through another one of your irrelevant and baseless posts.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Feel free to use the other side of the field. If you can find anyone over there worth a damn....

"Hey this guy sucks, how does he find himself involved in every attack and also play defence, and also he has 5 assists, and also he plays 90 minutes every 3 days..."

Would you rather a player that *doesn't* find himself in attack?
Stop making sense!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cuadrado is doing what he can. He is not a top winger or leftback, but IMO his work for the team more than compensates his cons.

The issue here, like some pointed, is that we refuse to play from the other side of the field, and this has nothing to do with cuadrado.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Or, maybe, you know, the side Cuadrado plays on is simply better than the left one and it has very well to do with Cuadrado? Ever thought about that?
To be honest is about not adressing the teams weakneses like we should. Since aeons ago we know that we dont have a variant to sandro on the other side, and we do nothing about it. Also, Instead of looking for offensive midfielders or holding midfielders that can open plays to ronaldo, well we just go for opportunities and that do not complement us like it should.

In summary, more than we overrelying on cuadrado because theres no choice, is more about bad administration IMO. And tactics of course.

Cuadrado does more than enuff, the rest are the ones underperforming, including the coach.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The only problem with Juan is that we are running him out of gas playing him every single minute all the time
And is not only him playing, but playing with the amount of effort he does. Ill not be surprised at all if by january the guy is totally toast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)