Juan Cuadrado (50 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strickland

May 17, 2019

of course it wasn't intentional. cuadrado didn't even reach sanchez's left foot. sanchez had a similar injury during the summer, who knows if he properly recovered.
Nasty tackle, but considering it is the Columbia vs Chile thats expected. On NT level those 2 might be the most aggressive in the world, at least from top sides

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Because of my extensive football knowledge, I have almost never been wrong about anything since I joined Tuz.

However, I will admit that I was wrong about Cuadrado. He’s been proving me wrong this season. I still believe that his end product is no longer good enough to play as winger for us, but he is proving to be an excellent fullback. Much rather him than Danilo or MDS.

Mar 3, 2014
Yeah, but i never considered Cuads to be a done player, so i don't get the comparison.
I was definitely a bit concerned around the time of the knee surgery given his age, but I’m happy he recovered well. Cuadrado has done everything right with respect to career development. In his youth he relied on dribbling, flair and speed. He has become a lot smarter and better defensively in the last 3-4 years which is absolutely necessary if you rely on those attributes in your youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Kevin Volland (Leverkusen): "Toughest opponent I've faced this season? I would say Juan Cuadrado - He made it difficult for me.. I was aware of his offensive qualities but I thought he had weak points defensively & i was wrong. He left me on the legs."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Btw. Volland is what is wrong with the german NT these days. Performance principle doesn't apply anymore. If you want to get a call from Löw, you gotta play at the right club, and you gotta be a kiss-ass, a yes-man who has never said something controversial before. That's simply not how it should be.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
“Even with the return of Danilo, I’ll continue to coach Cuadrado as a full-back. He has good acceleration and qualities to fulfil the role well, even if he must still improve defensively in an individual sense. "

~Sarri

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
“Even with the return of Danilo, I’ll continue to coach Cuadrado as a full-back. He has good acceleration and qualities to fulfil the role well, even if he must still improve defensively in an individual sense. "

~Sarri
Consistent with what we heard last Summer. There were multiple reports suggesting Cancelo is for sale because Sarri sees Cuadrado as a RB.

A couple of months later we're jerking off to Cuads the RB while laughing at Cancelo's stint at MC :D

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Reborn, reinvented? :lol:

The guy has always been crucial for us, the last two years he was injured for both second parts of the season after initially starting well so what was he supposed to do... also he always been an option to cover at RB/RWB/RM for many years already, good instinct by Sarri and the club to trust him there as a fixed starting role, however nonetheless pushed by the circumstances of Danillo and MdS getting injured simultaneously. Cuadrado might not be an expert defender but i’m pretty sure he knew how to make it work there long before Sarri got here.

He was just very unfortunate with injuries for the past couple of years, but i repeat, never has he been a finished player.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Reborn, reinvented? :lol:

The guy has always been crucial for us, the last two years he was injured for both second parts of the season after initially starting well so what was he supposed to do... also he always been an option to cover at RB/RWB/RM for many years already, good instinct by Sarri and the club to trust him there as a fixed starting role, however nonetheless pushed by the circumstances of Danillo and MdS getting injured simultaneously. Cuadrado might not be an expert defender but i’m pretty sure he knew how to make it work there long before Sarri got here.

He was just very unfortunate with injuries for the past couple of years, but i repeat, never has he been a finished player.
He was pretty mediocre as a fullback last season, even when he was fully fit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)