Juan Cuadrado (43 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He owns the RB spot now. Sensational.

Love that he is getting coaching and advice from Barzagli on the defensive phase, with his natural attacking flair, he could become a massive asset for us.

Makes the Danilo signing quite redundant.
And it's impossible not to like Cuadrado, which makes it even better. You just automatically root for this guy.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The guy got his "gusto" back. He ain't afraid to take anyone on anymore whether its taking the ball wide, cutting inside he opened up a lot of space for others simply by taking a guy on causing a second defender to defend him.

That pass to Higuain, although hit first by the defender, was still a great pass and lucky for us Higuain was tracking the ball nicely.

Jan 22, 2016
I said this last year.our downfall started the exact moment he got injured.
Our midfield lost it's balance without him.

As I remember now His dip in form in late 2017 season ruined our chance to win the treble.
He is such an underrated player.With him in this form , we have an extra player on the pitch.

May 23, 2013
I said this last year.our downfall started the exact moment he got injured.
Our midfield lost it's balance without him.

As I remember now His dip in form in late 2017 season ruined our chance to win the treble.
He is such an underrated player.With him in this form , we have an extra player on the pitch.
Nah man don't fault his dip in form for that treble loss. That "dip in form" occurred in Serie A between the Barcelona and Monaco ties. In that period we only played 3 games against minnows. He played poorly vs Torino, that's all.

There was no reason to drop him considering how well he had played in both Barca legs. The treble loss fault lies soley on Allegri for changing formation to 343 and dropping Cuadrado from the Monaco tie going forward.

May 23, 2013
Alves against Monaco was a cheat code
Yes he was great vs Monaco, a team who was extremely top heavy and did not have a dominant midfield. He also went on a tear against the likes of Lazio and a few other Serie A teams between the Monaco game and the final.

However, as we all know along with our midfield he was absolutely nullified in the final vs Madrid. IMO Cuadrado starting against Madrid would've greatly benefited in the midfield battle. The workrate from Cuadrado and Mandzukic was why our two man midfield of Pjanic-Khedira was able to more than hold it's own against Barcelona's midfield.

Along with that Barcelona's left back Jordi Alba, did not have the luxury of pushing so far up the pitch as he had to be weary of the very pacey Cuadrado making a darting run in behind him. When we came up against Madrid Marcelo was able to push up as far as he pleased as both Dani Alves and Dybala lacked the pace to make dangerous runs through the empty space behind him. That was one of the main contributing factors for our right side of the pitch being completely nullified against Madrid in the final.

- - - Updated - - -

Cuadrado was absolutely brilliant in the 2nd leg vs Barcelona.

- - - Updated - - -

1570223577585.png

1570223597961.png

- - - Updated - - -

^These types of runs were causing Barca headaches all night, they were basically non existent vs Real Madrid.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015
Cuadrado was rightly dropped because he lost his best form late in the season while Dani Alves was killing it in that role at the same time. I doubt him playing in Madrid would have changed anything, we simply didn't show up during the second half of that game. It wasn't a personnel issue it was a mental and probably a bit of a physical issue.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Cuadrado was rightly dropped because he lost his best form late in the season while Dani Alves was killing it in that role at the same time. I doubt him playing in Madrid would have changed anything, we simply didn't show up during the second half of that game. It wasn't a personnel issue it was a mental and probably a bit of a physical issue.
And we needed at leat one attacking sub. Look at the bench we had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)