Juan Cuadrado (78 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It's just like having Cancelo back at RB again.
True, only that with a slightly more box to box awareness aswell as more experience in the know-how side of things, which one might even call it an upgrade imo.

- - - Updated - - -

In all seriousness tho, we will learn more about his defensive prowess once he plays as RB against top opposition and manages to come up with same type of reassuring performance, however for now, he’s definitely showing great signs of actually making us look better and more solid with him there instead of MdS or even Danillo but also undeniably we’ve been up against much inferior opponents since he been starting as fullback so is perhaps better to be a bit more reserved about it, at least for now.

Also, i get the feeling he still has so much to offer in atack just aswell, so all in all really great player to have in your squad regardless of what his main position will eventually be this season.

Mar 3, 2014
Cuadrado keeps the game simple compared to Cancelo. Cuadrado tends to do 2 things in possession - pass it off, or dribble to draw a foul. Cancelo would do one thing - bomb up the pitch/ dribble to beat his man. He's very offensive but his lack of minutes under Guardiola suggest that having a right back who likes to dribble a lot in a system build around passing isn't ideal.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Cuadrado keeps the game simple compared to Cuadrado. Cuadrado tends to do 2 things in possession - pass it off, or dribble to draw a foul. Cancelo would do one thing - bomb up the pitch/ dribble to beat his man. He's very offensive but his lack of minutes under Guardiola suggest that having a right back who likes to dribble a lot in a system build around passing isn't ideal.
First sentence got me confused :p but yeah I agree. Cuadrado makes it simple because he has better understanding of the game and what coach requires from him. Cancelo tends to look for more complicated solutions and when entire team works hard to keep possession in trying to find an opening, Cancelo losing the ball for the umpteenth time is frustrating for everyone. He never grasped the basics here or anywhere apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

One of our best buys in recent time.players like him and Camoranesi are rarity these days.
True. Good player and seems pretty amazing as a person as well, always cheerful, spirited and working hard for the team, adapting to every role coach envisions for him.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
First sentence got me confused :p but yeah I agree. Cuadrado makes it simple because he has better understanding of the game and what coach requires from him. Cancelo tends to look for more complicated solutions and when entire team works hard to keep possession in trying to find an opening, Cancelo losing the ball for the umpteenth time is frustrating for everyone. He never grasped the basics here or anywhere apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

True. Good player and seems pretty amazing as a person as well, always cheerful, spirited and working hard for the team, adapting to every role coach envisions for him.
haha was writing too quickly. Cuadrado compared to Cancelo:p

Yeah. Cuads is definitely a more coachable player. Allegri wasn't too hot on him at first because he'd sometimes do unnecessary south american things (flair) lol. But he simplified his game and showed an ability to play where the coach wanted.

We saw this before in Fiorentina as well. Cuadrado played right wingback, right wing, centrally, left wing. It's impressive. While he dives like any footballer, I think he is much better than the average winger at actually drawing fouls vs. going down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)