Juan Cuadrado (24 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What is the point of the CL squad list anyway? Why shouldn't we be allowed to use a player from our team?
its the same as with Serie A, youre allowed to have 25 players, but 4 must be homegrown, so 21 non homegrown are allowed. Serie A is no problem since Pinsoglio, Kean, Rugani and Spinazzola are HG, but the later 2 arent HG by CL rules so since our regular squad consists of 24 players of which only 2 are HG (Pinsoglio and Kean), we had to cut one non HG player. it should have been Barza sentiments aside, but Benatia left and we felt like we need both him and Caceres as depth i think

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
its the same as with Serie A, youre allowed to have 25 players, but 4 must be homegrown, so 21 non homegrown are allowed. Serie A is no problem since Pinsoglio, Kean, Rugani and Spinazzola are HG, but the later 2 arent HG by CL rules so since our regular squad consists of 24 players of which only 2 are HG (Pinsoglio and Kean), we had to cut one non HG player. it should have been Barza sentiments aside, but Benatia left and we felt like we need both him and Caceres as depth i think
Yeah but what's the point of these restrictions?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
to not have 30 player squads full of international merceneries i guess? not sure, but they have been in place for quite a while in the CL
I know it's always been there. But I don't see what's the harm of having a 30 player squad. Instead clubs have the inconvenience of having to gamble on whether to exclude an injured player or not

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I know it's always been there. But I don't see what's the harm of having a 30 player squad. Instead clubs have the inconvenience of having to gamble on whether to exclude an injured player or not
I suppose it makes a team like City too powerful if they can just keep buying players. Have a giant squad immune to suspensions and injuries while other teams are filling out there 25 with youth players.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
The rule is dumb. 25 men squad is not the problem here. The problem is you can't change the players in the list. for example adding Cuadrado instead of De scgilio.
That would still have the same effect as increasing the total limit (25)..
Unless there is a limit for changing players on that list eg. 1 or 2 players per season - but I'm still not sure how that would be fair towards all teams participating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)