Juan Cuadrado (31 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Why are we not taking up an option on this deal guys? I don't understand. Clearly, he's a player we like and who works in Allegris set up. Why not have an option at the end of the deal? Even if we take an option it's not an obligation, but not having an option means he absolutely returns to Chelsea end of season, and we repeat this process again. Any way around this situation? Coz I remember Beppe saying how it was Damocles sword hanging over the Cuadrado and Morata deals.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Why are we not taking up an option on this deal guys? I don't understand. Clearly, he's a player we like and who works in Allegris set up. Why not have an option at the end of the deal? Even if we take an option it's not an obligation, but not having an option means he absolutely returns to Chelsea end of season, and we repeat this process again. Any way around this situation? Coz I remember Beppe saying how it was Damocles sword hanging over the Cuadrado and Morata deals.
Not up to us, man. And the Damocles comment was related to Morata only.

Look, if it is one year at a time, I'll take it. We will have gotten (hopefully) two very good years out of him at the prime of his career for a total of 6 million

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it, now that Chelsea is losing Conte might want to use him.
Meanwhile, I am stuck watching Burnley-Liverpool

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back. Watford-Chelsea is on CNBC.

Forza Antonio. Win this match and then give us Cuadrado

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Not up to us, man. And the Damocles comment was related to Morata only.

Look, if it is one year at a time, I'll take it. We will have gotten (hopefully) two very good years out of him at the prime of his career for a total of 6 million

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, I am stuck watching Burnley-Liverpool

- - - Updated - - -

I take that back. Watford-Chelsea is on CNBC.

Forza Antonio. Win this match and then give us Cuadrado
But even from Chelsea's perspective, what is it? Does conte want to see his growth over the next year? Knowing him, he's quite decisive about his squad and players therein. I don't see Conte as wanting to keep the Cuadrado option open if he hasn't convinced him in preaseason already.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'd love to see him back. Pjaca and Cuadrado playing either side of Higuain and Dybala is a mouth watering prospect. So much raw pace with so much technique. I really didn't like him at the start of last season. He lost the ball a lot and badly lacked end product but he improved out of sight.

Juve is so much more versatile with Cuadrado because he's so versatile himself. He allowed Allegri to field the 4-3-3 which tore Bayern to shreds until the entire team died on the arse. Not to mention that he's a viable attacking option on the wing in the 3-5-2. He busts his gut going both ways and can actually defend pretty well. He's a unique player in the respect. Not many wingers with that kind of speed, dribbling and technique can play as a left back if necessary.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Him, and Alves and Licht in the team does suggest Allegri thinking of a 442 or 433. As @Nenz says, kind of like versus Bayern.

A skewed 442 433 hybrid maybe.

________Buffon
Alves Barza Bonucci Sandro
____Khedira Pjanic Asamoah
Cuadrado
____Dybala Higuain

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Him, and Alves and Licht in the team does suggest Allegri thinking of a 442 or 433. As @Nenz says, kind of like versus Bayern.

A skewed 442 433 hybrid maybe.

________Buffon
Alves Barza Bonucci Sandro
____Khedira Pjanic Asamoah
Cuadrado
____Dybala Higuain
If Asamoah and Khedira stay healthy, both I and Fabio Capello would love the perfect balance of this. :tup:

With one of Lichtsteiner/Evra in there instead of Alves/Sandro, it can easily transform into a 3-5-2 as well.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Pjaca - Higuain/Mandzu - John Square

... would be very interesting to use from time to time when Dybala needs to be rested. Against a minnow in Serie-A, in the Coppa Italia etc.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
True that. But I don't feel it's that much of a mess. Higuain has joined, but Morata has left. And I suppose it's possible to view Cuadrado as a kind of Pereyra-replacement at this point, even though he will be utilized more on the wing. What I'm saying is just that I don't feel that the current squad gives that much more 'selection headaches' than Allegri already had last season. Allegri got this :tuttosport:

There is the insertion of Pjaca, though. So it's fair to say that it's a bit more complicated to manage this squad than last season. But not by much.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
The commentators here said yesterday that the team is ready to transform to a 4-3-3
Having 5 centre backs who will want to play regularly would complicate that however, assuming Benatia and Barzagli are fit and that Rugani improves.

CB times are quite different from when we had Robert Kovac as 3rd choice and Gladstone as 4th choice.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, the CB department is indeed stacked, but Barzagli - at 35 - will probably not be upset if Max opts for Benatia from time to time. At Barza's age, players tend to accept squad rotation alot more. As for Chiellini, we know how injury prone he is, so I'm sure everyone will get to play a decent amount of games in the end. Rugani is a legitimate concern, though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Having 5 centre backs who will want to play regularly would complicate that however, assuming Benatia and Barzagli are fit and that Rugani improves.

CB times are quite different from when we had Robert Kovac as 3rd choice and Gladstone as 4th choice.
Exaclty why I said the squad is confusing, for me at least and it's not a bad thing, there are lots of options which is always a goof thing for a tactician.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
If Asamoah and Khedira stay healthy, both I and Fabio Capello would love the perfect balance of this. :tup:

With one of Lichtsteiner/Evra in there instead of Alves/Sandro, it can easily transform into a 3-5-2 as well.
Not sure whose opinion I appreciate more ;)
But yes, I think that'd be a very well balanced side. Much depends on Asamoah's form as you say.

Pjaca - Higuain/Mandzu - John Square

... would be very interesting to use from time to time when Dybala needs to be rested. Against a minnow in Serie-A, in the Coppa Italia etc.
Good counter option in CL, as well!

- - - Updated - - -

We have too many options it's really confusing, the only person I don't want confused is Allegri.
Yeah, it's quite unclear right now, what the best formation is and will be. We started like that as well, last season..

Apr 19, 2007
I think if he comes then Licht is out. I think Allegri realixes the 3-5-2 is dependant on attacking wing backs to not get pinned back. Why would we get Benatia and risk Rugani never getting a game with a 4 man back being the main formation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 18)