Juan Cuadrado (121 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Much better than Salah's dribbles on Ramos. And we all know how much more difficult it is to humiliate a Sassoulo player than to humiliate Ramos.
Cuadrado better than Salah for my money, not only is Salah more wasteful. He is also worse at his decision making than Cuadrado and doesn't have the same defensive work rate as Juan. Definitely happier we went for Cuadrado.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Remember watching Krasic when he used to run at full backs all them years ago and thinking to yourselves, oh ffs.

Such a joy to watch a player who knows when to run, when to stop, how to turn a player

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Cuadrado: 'No Conte call'
By Football Italia staff

Juan Cuadrado prepares Juventus for Bayern Munich, but says Antonio Conte “hasn’t called” for a return to Chelsea.

The Colombian spoke to Mediaset Premium and Sky Sport Italia after this evening’s 1-0 Serie A victory over Sassuolo.

“We faced a great side, but the most important thing is getting the result and now we’ll try to break away at the top,” said Cuadrado.

“We struggled at the end because Sassuolo are very strong in attack, but as always we held out with a great defence. We must continue being concentrated for the full 90 minutes.

“It is also important for Gigi Buffon that we keep doing well, because we can help him achieve the Serie A record. I am happy for him and he in turn gives us great results.”

Juventus will visit Bayern Munich in the Champions League Round of 16 on Wednesday, having drawn the first leg 2-2.

“It is a very important game for us. Winning today also helps give us the strength, self-belief and conviction to get a result in Munich.

“We have to go there and give it our all.”

Cuadrado joined Juve on loan from Chelsea, but has Conte – by all reports set to be their manager next season – asked him to return to base?

“No, I haven’t heard from him, but I am happy to be here at Juve and want to win something seeing as we’re still in the running for three tournaments. After that we’ll see.

“Juve are like a big family and that is part of our strength.”

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Shocked at some of the criticism Cuadrado recieved in the match thread tonight. I thought he had a great performance. We could argue that he's not the brainiest player around, but that skill set is handy no matter what match situation you're in, and like it or not, he's the kind of player that despite his $#@! ups will create and/or get into match winning situations. I'd vote to keep him.
:tup:

Apr 9, 2015
If we need to choose between Cuadrado and Berardi which one will be favoured? Can Berardi cover the same role as Cuadrado now is doing? I think Berardi is intensive in defending, but Cuadrado is still better in defending. Berardi has far more creativity and he isn't as sloppy as Cuadrado.

I need to say Cuadrado is getting better and better. He is sometimes sloppy and getting us out of possesion but he is also unpredictable and that is something our team lacks without Cuadrado / Dybala.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I can't think of a player better suited than Cuadrado for the RWB position.

IMO he's the best there is in that position. On the other hand, he's absolutely insufficient at any other position, including RW.

So it's a matter of planning. If Allegri intends to keep 352 as the main formation next year, another CB and resigning Cuadrado would be important.

I used to hate 352 in the last 1 or 2 Conte's years, but now with Sandro and Cuadrado, I actually love it.

You put Evra and Licht out there and it's a disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see Berardi fit a 352 the way Cuadrado does. And the latter is great in a 433 too where you see Berardis real strengths IMO.
I guess only chance Berardi fits in a 352 is replacing Dybala and playing exactly like he does nowadays.

A huge questionmark.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Berardi: smart, great kick, good first touch, fast, youngest

Cuadrado: fast, dribling, defender

Too different players, two different set of skill. I take Berardi over cuadrado any day but I still believe that JGC could improve a little his end product and his pass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)