Juan Cuadrado (33 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why would Boucci leave is a better question. He's not going anywhere and neither is Tek. We already have enough holes to fill anyways so no need to create more of them.
Yeah it's not a priority at all, but if someone came in for him I'd jump on it or risk being stuck with him til 2025.

We need a new CB anyway so it's not like we'd have to replace him directly.

De Ligt, Bremer (?), Chiellini, Rugani, Gatti

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
This is what gets me irritated! Juve wants to start being fiscally sane with the wrong player. Okay he's getting up there in age but only talking about 1 more year at 5 mil. Cuads could be subpar the entire season and I wouldn't be pissed with him.

IMO you don't start negotiating this way with players until ALL the trash has been disposed. You won't then have player's agents being able compare their client's salary against any overpaid trash still here. Presently right now and I don't care how short on players the squad might appear this summer but these players one way or another shouldn't be with Juve come first league match next season. No priority since all should be gone.

Sandro
Arthur
Rabiot
Kean
Berna (not even with lower wage, just get another Italia player to replace him and plenty of cheaper young options that fit the bill)
MDS (guy is close to 30, I have seen enough and would hold onto younger Luca P since backup LB needed more over RB one)

Want to lower a salary AA? Bonucci over Cuads every day of the week as a better starting point!

IMO team has 3 cornerstone stars presently to build with in MDL, Big V, and Chiesa. Tier 2 players like Cuads, Danilo, Morata, Locatelli, Zaka, McKenn, are productive /counted on to get better.. And some backup only players to be just that.. Okay so still short players but can't all be transfers/free signings being financially challenged. Give Fagioli, Miretti, etc. etc.a chance to show what they got.

:max:
Max, I got your back but biggest gripe I have is your reluctance on giving youngsters a shot. If they can't perform, let's find out? Your might be right in thinking their not ready yet or never will be but all we KNOW FOR SURE PRESENTLY is that some of the vet players you keep throwing out starting aren't performing well enough.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020

He's too important even at 34. Hope we can work out a deal.

Looks like we're on a mission to get rid of all the high earners. Fagiot and Sandro could follow suit I suppose.
I think that constructions like these happen quite often, hopefully he accepts. It’s not like he’s getting that 5m somewhere else for 2 seasons at his age.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
After playing his 40th game with Juventus, the club are forced to exercise their option to extend the contract of Cuadrado but they’re willing to lower the salary maybe by offering 2-year contract. (Romeo Agresti)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Whoever decided to extend Bonucci's contract is an imbecile. Now we are stuck with an injured back up costing us an arm an a leg.
:fab3:

and yes, he's an imbecile. it will take years to clean up his mess.

cuadrado shows signs of ageing, still, he's easily one of our best players. he certainly deserves an other year. and we also can't fire the whole squad, we need some continuity too. i'd keep him. can we make it 1+1 @ ~3m net?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Cuadrado shows signs of ageing, still, he's easily one of our best players. he certainly deserves an other year. and we also can't fire the whole squad, we need some continuity too. i'd keep him. can we make it 1+1 @ ~3m net?
Wouldn't even mind two years IF we get some young RB. 1st year still as starter, 2nd year rotating in the young RB.

No idea who that would be though. Perhaps Bellanova or DeWinter?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, 1+1 as you wrote.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sadly no one is paying him 7M. Same as tek and his 6+3M. And Arthur. AS might take a paycut since he will be entering his last year. And Rabiot is young enough for someone to consider him atleast. Ramsey either loan or rescind contract. We are stuck with the overpaid, average guys

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Juventus made a non-negotiable offer to #Cuadrado: take it or leave it. #Inter have been following the Colombian for the last 2 months and #Inzaghi already gave his ok for a possible deal.

[Momblano - Juventibus via @AroundJuventus]

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Great news.

Still got it. And if he performs at a great level next year, don’t be surprised if we offer him another season. Although making a shitload of money in semi-retirement in the MLS would be super tempting tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)