Juan Cuadrado (75 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, but you're not allowed to bring people down just because the ball isn't there anymore. It's just a foul.

But what screams injustice to me is Dybala's red. That is.. Man, that is deliberate.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Great point, didn't look at it that way. I guess, as a ref, maybe not looking at it like a "chain of events" can make choosing the right call challenging.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Great point, didn't look at it that way. I guess, as a ref, maybe not looking at it like a "chain of events" can make choosing the right call challenging.
Refs have it hard. So did Michael Oliver. Making the right call can be insanely difficult. But the real issue is 50/50 calls are, without exception, called Madrid's way. And that's unacceptable.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Refs have it hard. So did Michael Oliver. Making the right call can be insanely difficult. But the real issue is 50/50 calls are, without exception, called Madrid's way. And that's unacceptable.

I wonder if in that moment Oliver would have liked to have had VAR to fall on first?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I wonder if in that moment Oliver would have liked to have had VAR to fall on first?
I think he would have, because it protects him. If he makes that call with Var, it's easier to accept that he just sees it that way. Now you have the feeling he really really really wanted to give it.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
You take out a player when the ball's still in play, it's a foul. If the ball is in midfield and Cuadrado gets tripped inside the box, it's still a foul and a penalty.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It doesn't matter. People think it does, but it doesn't. Even if people take a shot, you can't just run them over or kick them to the ground. It's still a foul.

I'm not entirely sure what the rule is but I think a lot of officials see it like that, rightly or wrongly.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not entirely sure what the rule is but I think a lot of officials see it like that, rightly or wrongly.

Sure. And I sort of understand the reasoning behind it. In all honesty I wouldn't even mind if sometimes, just sometimes, a dubious penalty would be awarded against Madrid or Barcelona. And I cannot think of a single example in the last 10 years.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not convinced of that one because he already took the shot just before the foul. See, a Real Madrid player would have waited for the imminent challenge and it would be pen, goal, red card.
This one is dubious situation. It could be a Penalty, It could be no Penalty. And when it's no Penalty, People don't complain

Btw, Cuadrado do really need to work on his finishing and composure. This Chance and the One against Benevento look similar. Yet he shot it weak and wide

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I said it once and ill said it again: Convert Cuadrado into a fulltime Fullback. Turn him into our little danny alves.

The guy has the main traits:

+He loves to run, run an run like forrest gump. He has some tactical composure which could be refined.
+He can dribble and start plays when he has space and is not forced into Asamoah-dribbling, and unlike Asa, cuadrado can run and fast.
+His crosses are not top of the line but he gets the job done.
+Doesnt gets injured every game like Mds.
-His only flaw is his offensive aspect (shooting and creativity being specific) and this would be not a priority as a fullback. And this con is what limits him as a offensive winger but would be minimal as a fullback.

Then you would say "but hydde, he is our main RW", yeh but as a RW he is not offensive enough and next year we will have a plethora of options potentially better than him (douglas, Pjaca, Dybala, Berna). Being fast is just one aspect of a winger, but the main trait should be assists and goals, offensive IQ. He doesnt have much of those into his kit.

Whats the logic behind this change? 2 main points:

1- We dont have enough money to buy 2 WC Right fullbacks (and i say 2 because Licht is most likely going out and after yesterday, i dont trust MDS anymore, too injury prone for a long season as main RB). On top of that, we will most likely sell sandro and bring spinazzola..but we dont know what will happen to Asamoah... so we are even more constrained cashwise taking into account we NEED to buy a couple Top midfielders.

2-This is the other important factor: We need to make Dybala and Higuain play together in a 433. Higuain will not be sold, and selling Dybala this summer is a no go. We need to force dybala into an RW/inside forward hybrid and make him learn it. This way we would have the 2 superior offensive players in attack (dybs/berna) while letting a reliable guy like cuadrado make that wing his as a fullback.

Dybala canot be benched, but to leep cuadrado benched is also not managing well our resources.... We cant bench both of them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I said it once and ill said it again: Convert Cuadrado into a fulltime Fullback. Turn him into our little danny alves.

The guy has the main traits:

+He loves to run, run an run like forrest gump. He has some tactical composure which could be refined.
+He can dribble and start plays when he has space and is not forced into Asamoah-dribbling, and unlike Asa, cuadrado can run and fast.
+His crosses are not top of the line but he gets the job done.
+Doesnt gets injured every game like Mds.
-His only flaw is his offensive aspect (shooting and creativity being specific) and this would be not a priority as a fullback. And this con is what limits him as a offensive winger but would be minimal as a fullback.

Then you would say "but hydde, he is our main RW", yeh but as a RW he is not offensive enough and next year we will have a plethora of options potentially better than him (douglas, Pjaca, Dybala, Berna). Being fast is just one aspect of a winger, but the main trait should be assists and goals, offensive IQ. He doesnt have much of those into his kit.

Whats the logic behind this change? 2 main points:

1- We dont have enough money to buy 2 WC Right fullbacks (and i say 2 because Licht is most likely going out and after yesterday, i dont trust MDS anymore, too injury prone for a long season as main RB). On top of that, we will most likely sell sandro and bring spinazzola..but we dont know what will happen to Asamoah... so we are even more constrained cashwise taking into account we NEED to buy a couple Top midfielders.

2-This is the other important factor. We need to make Dybala and Higuain play together in a 433. Higuain will not be sold, and selling Dybala this summer is a no go. We need to force dybala into an RW/inside forward hybrid and make him learn it. This way we would have the 2 superior offensive players in attack (dybs/berna) while letting a reliable guy like cuadrado make that wing his as a fullback.

Dybala canot be benched, but to leep cuadrado benched is also not managing well our resources.... We cant bench both of them.
:D

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It doesn't matter. It matters if advantage is given, but that's not the case here. It is still a foul.

It's 100% a foul. Otherwise defenders will be able to smash attackers with impunity. He shoots and scores and gets smashed, oh well. He shoots and misses and gets smashed, oh well.

In the end what does the defender risk, nothing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This one is dubious situation. It could be a Penalty, It could be no Penalty. And when it's no Penalty, People don't complain

Btw, Cuadrado do really need to work on his finishing and composure. This Chance and the One against Benevento look similar. Yet he shot it weak and wide
Cuadrado is an age now where he's not going to change, his end product is really variable.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Cuads makes big steps with his gazelle like feet, to run the same distance Costa has to make like three of his tiny footsteps, which looks much faster to the eye, but isn't.

Also wouldn't be surprised if he's still a bit rusty.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Hustini :howler:

Shitting on Cuadrado when the entire team, especially the midfield, were absolute garbage.

Also, our "star forward", the 90 million cube in attack, was epic tonight. Absolutely magnificent :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 70)