Juan Cuadrado (66 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Good player to have as backup and rotations but I really don't think he should be our starting winger

Incredibly inconsistent and frustrating to watch

When he's good he's amazing but then he will have 2 bad games in a row straight after

If he would get more consistency in his game he would be a top player

Hopefully Berna will keep him out of the team in the big games

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Good player to have both as starter and for rotation purposes but I really think he should be one of our starting winger thanks to his defensive contribution in the current system aswell as his countering ability

At times inconsistent but still great to watch

When he's good he's amazing but then as every other player he will have some off games after

If he would get more consistency & finishing in his game he would probably be a Ballon D'or contender player :klin:

Hopefully Berna will play alongside him in the team for the big games
I coudn't agree more, you are spot on as always. :tup:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Good player to have as backup and rotations but I really don't think he should be our starting winger

Incredibly inconsistent and frustrating to watch

When he's good he's amazing but then he will have 2 bad games in a row straight after

If he would get more consistency in his game he would be a top player

Hopefully Berna will keep him out of the team in the big games
It depends what your formation is. If it's 3-5-2 then Cuadrado is great. If it's 4-4-2, then he's still great but not as great. If it's 4-3-3, then he's not ideal.

If you are playing 4-4-2 then you're basically saying, "Wow our striker partnership is so good, they don't have to defend. Just hope our 8 men behind can hold the fort and our strikers will bang goals."

Now if you start saying the guys behind the strikers have to not only defend with only 8 but also supply the attack, you're in big trouble. With Cuadrado in the 4-4-2, the right side is basically impenetrable, and he still finds ways to pop up in attack. So for me, that's pretty good.

But if you want to switch to a 4-3-3, then maybe you want a better attacker on the wing. Cuadrado even said himself that he's not really an attacker.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
It depends what your formation is. If it's 3-5-2 then Cuadrado is great. If it's 4-4-2, then he's still great but not as great. If it's 4-3-3, then he's not ideal.

If you are playing 4-4-2 then you're basically saying, "Wow our striker partnership is so good, they don't have to defend. Just hope our 8 men behind can hold the fort and our strikers will bang goals."

Now if you start saying the guys behind the strikers have to not only defend with only 8 but also supply the attack, you're in big trouble. With Cuadrado in the 4-4-2, the right side is basically impenetrable, and he still finds ways to pop up in attack. So for me, that's pretty good.

But if you want to switch to a 4-3-3, then maybe you want a better attacker on the wing. Cuadrado even said himself that he's not really an attacker.
Really? We'll what is he then because he's certainly not a defender.

He consistently beats players and creates chances.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Really? We'll what is he then because he's certainly not a defender.

He consistently beats players and creates chances.

He's like back in the olden days when everyone played 4-4-2 and the wide midfielder was considered an actual midfielder.

Like I've always said, the fact he can still beat people and create chances is a bonus. Unless he is playing in a 4-3-3, then that is expected of him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He's like back in the olden days when everyone played 4-4-2 and the wide midfielder was considered an actual midfielder.

Like I've always said, the fact he can still beat people and create chances is a bonus. Unless he is playing in a 4-3-3, then that is expected of him.
in a Juventus 2017/18 433 the RW has Khedira as RCM and de Sciglio/Licht/Sturaro as RB, I'd say having a Cuadrado type player as a RW in these conditions is great, he still ends up being RWB

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
Ok so for all the people that constantly pollute this thread with questions as to why Cuadrado plays, I hope they go back and re-watch any big match we try to play with a 2 striker formation. How the fuck do we make it to the CL final carrying two stagnant strikers and nothing at RB?

How did we ever win the ball back with only 8 players behind it?

It's because Cuadrado quite literally carries a whole side of the pitch defensively. He comes inside to carry Khedira all the fucking time. He is a monster of a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)