Juan Cuadrado (59 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
typical Cuads performance. Good but you wish it could've been so much more considering all the chances he had been then again he creates most of them himself.

If he had a left foot (and could effectively cut inside) then he could be such a dangerous player
Is it really? Mandzukic is still by far our worst attacking player in terms of dribbling, chances created, key passes, etc... probably because he’s not an actual winger, but sure, say whatever suits your agenda.

Cuadrado has been good this season, it’s his inconsistency that worries me. How long will this form last?
Apart from the tap-in and some usual good runs, he had a frustrating game. His final touch is ~70% of the time the wrong decision to make.
See Dai and Sisi?

At this stage is very clear what kind of player we have on the right. I dont know why you 2 are so adamant to make me look liek a troll, when most of the time you 2 are the ones trolling

Buy on AliExpress.com

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Don't know who trolling whom..
Since the result already pretty clear, Cuadrado is clutch. He save our old lady asses a couple times so far.

Speak all you want about starting Douglas Costa, but as far as i see, the one blinded is only ppl with personal Vendetta against Cuadrado.. or fm junkie who like their new shiny toy.

And yes Douglas C., Bernadeschi, and all of our FW line should start,.. hence imho Max should rotate more.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Don't know who trolling whom..
Since the result already pretty clear, Cuadrado is clutch. He save our old lady asses a couple times so far.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
Well i differ from your statement. See, morata was a different kind of clutch. Cuadrado has scored crucial goals, indeed, but it has nothing to do with his gameplay. The fact that he s wasteful and inconsistent remains.
Another more consistent player could have scored those goals if he was offered the chance, just like cuadrado.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Cuadrado is Cuadrado, a frustrating, inconsistent pain in the ass who pops up with quite a few important moments.

His decision making is often rubbish but he works hard and has good athleticism and directness.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Apart from the tap-in and some usual good runs, he had a frustrating game. His final touch is ~70% of the time the wrong decision to make.
A very frustrating game indeed, once he was completely open, tried to cross twice and he managed to hit the same lonely man 5 meters away from him... he did a crucial gol and a lot of workrate but the rest was useless as best

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Cuadrado is Cuadrado, a frustrating, inconsistent pain in the ass who pops up with quite a few important moments.

His decision making is often rubbish but he works hard and has good athleticism and directness.
:agree: extremely frustrating at times but ive grown to like guy due to his key attacking plays and how he makes up for all the offensive fuckups with dat insane workrate. Imo the wingers we have now are pretty much as good as we are going to get considering we can in no way financially compete with other top teams. Short of finding a young gem who we turn into a top player (or a release clause :beppe:) this is likely what we have to work with

Apr 19, 2007
Give Beppe time and he will deliver some quality wingers. Cuads was a good buy but isnt the type of player that will take us to the semis every year. The problem is we need a pretty dominant or effective winger. Iv he was opposite of a Ronaldo or Neymar he would be fine. Add Balance and workrate. The issue is he is our best winger right now. I dont include Mandzu as a winger as he doesnt give the width and 1v1 potential. We really need Costa to be good and Berna to be his balance and I think we have a quality set up.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Ok so in the same game vs. Olympiakos you can find Cuadrado in line with the CBs, making it a back 5 while the opponent is pressing. This allows MDS to double team the striker and ensure there is nothing to cross at. Also in the same game, you will find Cuadrado as our furthest forward player making a very direct run to score a tap-in.

These are the attributes he brings. If he could do everything else in between how much would he be worth? 150M?

You have to just recognize every player has strengths and weaknesses. He's a wingback. He should be the 4th option at best in our attack.

He should not be compared to Costa, Mandzu or Bernardeschi. You expect more from those guys offensively since they don't provide the same defensively. That's what logic dictates at least.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Ok so in the same game vs. Olympiakos you can find Cuadrado in line with the CBs, making it a back 5 while the opponent is pressing. This allows MDS to double team the striker and ensure there is nothing to cross at. Also in the same game, you will find Cuadrado as our furthest forward player making a very direct run to score a tap-in.

These are the attributes he brings. If he could do everything else in between how much would he be worth? 150M?

You have to just recognize every player has strengths and weaknesses. He's a wingback. He should be the 4th option at best in our attack.

He should not be compared to Costa, Mandzu or Bernardeschi. You expect more from those guys offensively since they don't provide the same defensively. That's what logic dictates at least.
And thats totally fine and reasonable. I have zero problems with what u said and agree with it.

On the other hand, i have a disagreement with posters that want to sell us cuadrado like the 2nd coming of jesus, when in fact he is what every poster above me said. I really like his workrate, but i really dislike his inconsistency, and saly, if we want to go up a level or 2, we need more decisive players in that position. Costa seems to have better endproduct than him in terms of playmaking. Bernardeschi, well, has a lethal leftfoot which he never hesitates to use in the few chances he gets. Those 2 players could make a difference for us if we give them the chance... but well, they are mostly benched.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Still overrated and undeserving of his starting place according to some tuzzers... meanwhile i am gonna continue appreciating his decisive goals/assists this season. :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
:agree: extremely frustrating at times but ive grown to like guy due to his key attacking plays and how he makes up for all the offensive fuckups with dat insane workrate. Imo the wingers we have now are pretty much as good as we are going to get considering we can in no way financially compete with other top teams. Short of finding a young gem who we turn into a top player (or a release clause :beppe:) this is likely what we have to work with
He reminds me of a guy called Peter Ndlovu who played in the Premier League early to late 90s. He was what you'd call a typical "rough diamond" African player (literally picked out of Zimbabwe back when you could), great speed and skill and chipped in with a few goals. He'd run rings around the plodding defenders just as Cuads can in Serie A, but his decision making was pretty awful until he was in his late 20s. One minute he'd score a hat-trick at Anfield and next he would go a spell without making much of an impact or score many goals.

Cuadrado obviously plays at a higher level now and he does get some key goals but you always get the feeling with players like this that the product is totally random. If you do 9 bad things and 1 really good thing does it even itself out? Someone like Mo Salah is an extreme example of this. He has about 20 goals this season but should have 50. Does anyone really care? It comes down to key moments, ultimately you can't rely on them but just hope for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)