Juan Cuadrado (119 Viewers)

Cuads legacy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Cuadrado is the utmost perfect role player for Juve, love his game, and his characteristics are unique.

The only chance he gets a starting place, imo, is if Alves underperform (he MUST stop switching so much to mid) and he is deployed as a full time RWB.

And IMO, last season 2nd semester Cuadrado showed a lot of improvement on that position. He can defend OK, he has insane stamina to trace back. He lacked positioning discipline, some containing on his urge to move forward, and he improved on that.

I think a 352 with Sandro and Cuadrado, with a more present midfield which allows Dybala to be a free role trequartista, but nearer Higuain, is a fucking beautiful scheme. We could very well win it all with it.

In the first games of the season, our poor performances were heavily related to some mistakes by Allegri, specially against Sevilla and Inter.

These last games, however, the performance is more related to mentality than anything else IMO. Oh, and also to the ghost presence of Pjanic and Khedira. These 2 need to assert themselves in the middle, we need more personality from them. That's huge. 433 or whatever wouldn't sove the problem. Another midfielder might do, but he's not in the squad yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Cuadrado is the utmost perfect role player for Juve, love his game, and his characteristics are unique.

The only chance he gets a starting place, imo, is if Alves underperform (he MUST stop switching so much to mid) and he is deployed as a full time RWB.

And IMO, last season 2nd semester Cuadrado showed a lot of improvement on that position. He can defend OK, he has insane stamina to trace back. He lacked positioning discipline, some containing on his urge to move forward, and he improved on that.

I think a 352 with Sandro and Cuadrado, with a more present midfield which allows Dybala to be a free role trequartista, but nearer Higuain, is a $#@!ing beautiful scheme. We could very well win it all with it.

In the first games of the season, our poor performances were heavily related to some mistakes by Allegri, specially against Sevilla and Inter.

These last games, however, the performance is more related to mentality than anything else IMO. Oh, and also to the ghost presence of Pjanic and Khedira. These 2 need to assert themselves in the middle, we need more personality from them. That's huge. 433 or whatever wouldn't sove the problem. Another midfielder might do, but he's not in the squad yet.

I would love to see that, but we will need like 5 vidals to make that 352 work like it shold.

Right now we have too many ballerinas and ghosts in the mid. I hope they improve.

- - - Updated - - -

whos that cutie

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
One of the last players who can be blamed today, what role was he brought on to play? At least he tried to make something happen.
Not blaming him, but I saw more of the worse side of him today - basically poor decision making, finishing and final balls. I'm not saying he's useless, but should really just be a tactical option to change a game.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Not blaming him, but I saw more of the worse side of him today - basically poor decision making, finishing and final balls. I'm not saying he's useless, but should really just be a tactical option to change a game.
:agree:
Ah, yeah but that's Cuadrado.

I guess that's the problem when you don't have a proper backup for Dybala.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Won us a game in UCL mid-week where we played just as disgustingly as today and people want to criticise him for not winning the game today. Please.

If we have a good midfield around him, he'll dominate the heck out of the wings.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Nice to see some proper wing play from him by getting down the line and putting a cross in.

Our strikers will benefit from that if he keeps it up, plus it makes him more difficult to play against if you don't know whether he will cut in or head for the byline.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
What a gem to have. Can't imagine our team without him, be it as a starter or as a super sub. Thank god we managed to find an agreement with Chelsea, i bet Juan's will to stay with us took a huge part in this as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)