Jose Mourinho. Do we need him? (39 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Because Ranieri is terrible.
No he isn't. We are actually not doing too badly if you get right down to it, but then again, these forums are full of fans hence the over reaction.

Methinks we are in a bad patch and that Secco fucked up during the transfer windows.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Ranieri doesnt know how to use the players he has at his disposal...
Ranieri is good at building teams, and his record speaks for itself. For me, I would give him this season and maybe next before firing him.

Tough I know, but we have to face the facts as they are.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
No he isn't. We are actually not doing too badly if you get right down to it, but then again, these forums are full of fans hence the over reaction.

Methinks we are in a bad patch and that Secco fucked up during the transfer windows.
As far as I know Ranieri is the one who makes formation and doing subs.And no,Ranieri is not good at building teams but I must admit he`s good at ruining players.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Mourinho attacks Wenger again
Jose Mourinho has taken an almighty pop at Arsene Wenger, claiming the Frenchman has it easy at Arsenal.

"Arsenal is a unique team," Mourinho told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"Their coach hasn't won anything for years and is still an idol. There is no pressure at Arsenal.

"But do not say he is growing young players into talents. What he does is take young players who are jewels and polishes them. It's different. He has time to work in a serene atmosphere and get results."
Mourinho isn't handling his bitterness all too well.

Jul 5, 2005
Ranieri is good at building teams, and his record speaks for itself. For me, I would give him this season and maybe next before firing him.

Tough I know, but we have to face the facts as they are.
Maybe for his former teams, but i really doubt for Juve.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Maybe his words sound offendable, but he speaks absolutely right.
So you are saying there is no pressure at Arsenal?

I think you are mistaken then. The reason Wenger is still at the helm despite a couple of fruitless seasons is his previous record at the club.

And are you also implying what Wenger is doing with bringing in young unknown players and make them world class in a season or two is achievable by anyone?

Jul 5, 2005
So you are saying there is no pressure at Arsenal?

I think you are mistaken then. The reason Wenger is still at the helm despite a couple of fruitless seasons is his previous record at the club.
There is no doubt that Wenger is one of the best coaches in Europe and he made and makes great job with Arsenal, but it's true that he wasn't ever heavily criticised as Mourinho did with Chelsea. Maybe this is what Mourinho meant.

And are you also implying what Wenger is doing with bringing in young unknown players and make them world class in a season or two is achievable by anyone?
The young and unknown players that go to Arsenal is not Wenger's achievement, but of the great scouting team of Arsenal. So Wenger has more time to deal with his team, and don't spent more time on searching for new talents.

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Maybe you should look back at his career stats...

!???? You are jokeing rihgt???? In his career he has won NOTHING!
We are there (3th on the table) cos for our players (the old guard)...So what did Ruineri do??? Buy Sissoko, not playing Tiago, got Cricito on loan...Don't get me started on teh stupid comments and the subs that only he understands...

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
There is no doubt that Wenger is one of the best coaches in Europe and he made and makes great job with Arsenal, but it's true that he wasn't ever heavily criticised as Mourinho did with Chelsea. Maybe this is what Mourinho meant.
Maybe so. But to suggest there is no pressure at Arsenal... come on.

The young and unknown players that go to Arsenal is not Wenger's achievement, but of the great scouting team of Arsenal. So Wenger has more time to deal with his team, and don't spent more time on searching for new talents.
First off I believe that you are underestimating Wenger's part in bringing in those players (and the Arsenal fans on here are free to provide some info here).
Also, not many coaches dare to field such young and unproven players consistently for a big club in tough matches.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Maybe so. But to suggest there is no pressure at Arsenal... come on.

First off I believe that you are underestimating Wenger's part in bringing in those players (and the Arsenal fans on here are free to provide some info here).
Also, not many coaches dare to field such young and unproven players consistently for a big club in tough matches.
Actually IMO there is no pressure on wenger. Once english teams found a great couch they wont let him go (they're too scared for change) arsene wenger is in arsenal for the past 12 years and alex ferguson 25 years!!! yes they r great couches but arsenal feels (and they r right) that wenger is the reason for their club success (domesticly) same thing with man united (ferguson only won 1 champions league trophy in the past 25 years with his team) while arsene wenger won none (not that arsenal won any in their history). Thats just the english mentality IMO, but now that there is foreign owners in england things may change......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)