Jorginho - DM - Chelsea (1 Viewer)

Should we get him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I just hope you don't raise your child to be a Juventino when you obviously prefer Barca's "superiority".

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Hey. I thought you were ignoring me. At least follow through on your "threat". And yes, Barcelona is a superior club. The numbers, and European Trophies, and total monetary value of the club don't lie, now do they?

I

- - - Updated - - -

And AGAIN. What I said was, if you ask 100 footballers out there whom they would rather play for, 95 of them would play Barcelona. The overwhelming majority, if not ALL, of those said players, weren't even born before Barcelona started dominating

- - - Updated - - -

So, Juve's history from 25-35 years ago doesn't mean a damn thing to these players

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Hey. I thought you were ignoring me. At least follow through on your "threat". And yes, Barcelona is a superior club. The numbers, and European Trophies, and total monetary value of the club don't lie, now do they?

I

- - - Updated - - -

And AGAIN. What I said was, if you ask 100 footballers out there whom they would rather play for, 95 of them would play Barcelona. The overwhelming majority, if not ALL, of those said players, weren't even born before Barcelona started dominating

- - - Updated - - -

So, Juve's history from 25-35 years ago doesn't mean a damn thing to these players
Agreed.

I don't know why would anything think otherwise.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But allegedly this means that I am not a Juventino. Never mind that I am 4th generation, and my son is 5th generation
Measuring fanhood doesn't make sense. I'm first generation but I don't consider myself any less of a fan.

Still, I guess plenty of people use Juventino googles, making them see Juve always the best, despite stats saying otherwise when it comes to pretty much everything. I also think people are deluded by clubs history. Nobody really cares, at least majority of the players, if we won CL 30 years ago. Big stars always chase big trophies and unless you're some oil club offering crazy wages, they always pick who in their own eyes has a chance of winning one, not looking if they won it 50 years ago. Hardly anyone would reject Real Madrid. Everyone would reject Red Star who won the thing 30 years ago. And no, I'm not comparing us with Red Star.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Measuring fanhood doesn't make sense. I'm first generation but I don't consider myself any less of a fan.

Still, I guess plenty of people use Juventino googles, making them see Juve always the best, despite stats saying otherwise when it comes to pretty much everything. I also think people are deluded by clubs history. Nobody really cares, at least majority of the players, if we won CL 30 years ago. Big stars always chase big trophies and unless you're some oil club offering crazy wages, they always pick who in their own eyes has a chance of winning one, not looking if they won it 50 years ago. Hardly anyone would reject Real Madrid. Everyone would reject Red Star who won the thing 30 years ago. And no, I'm not comparing us with Red Star.
When banter happens and someone mocks Juve to get to me, its easy to do so by speaking of our CL record. Even an Inter sympathizer holds higher ground. No matter you tell him we have more scudetti, people care about CL and we've missed the shot there several times.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
When banter happens and someone mocks Juve to get to me, its easy to do so by speaking of our CL record. Even an Inter sympathizer holds higher ground. No matter you tell him we have more scudetti, people care about CL and we've missed the shot there several times.
It's the biggest thing bar WC/EU titles with the NT. We've won 8 times. It's not like it's meaningless at this point but players surely care less about it than the first we clinched after a dry spell.

IMO getting Ronaldo was a huge deal and made the biggest impact on us getting De Ligt. It's a big card in our hands but it won't last for long probably.

I'm not even saying we're not capable of signing ANY top players, but if there was a bidding war between Barca, Real and us, I don't think we're favs to get the player simply because of our CL choking.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's the biggest thing bar WC/EU titles with the NT. We've won 8 times. It's not like it's meaningless at this point but players surely care less about it than the first we clinched after a dry spell.

IMO getting Ronaldo was a huge deal and made the biggest impact on us getting De Ligt. It's a big card in our hands but it won't last for long probably.

I'm not even saying we're not capable of signing ANY top players, but if there was a bidding war between Barca, Real and us, I don't think we're favs to get the player simply because of our CL choking.

What I don't understand is how me saying that Barcelona is a more desirable location for the overwhelming majority of players out there, and that they have indeed been much more successful on a global scale than we have in the past 20 years is somehow an indication of not being a Juventino, or even discrediting Juventus.

That's like saying a Ferrari is far superior to a Corvette, for instance. That doesn't mean the Corvette is shit.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is he better than Matuidi, Khedira and current Pjanic?

If so, what the fuck is the problem?
The issue is spending more money for not much of an improvement and the opportunity cost of a acquriing a better player. feels like a sideways move more than a major improvement which is frustrating considering how often that has happened with our midfielders.

I am ok with swapping Pjanic for Jorginho (as Pjanic has been ass for a while) but he is not the ideal signing

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is how me saying that Barcelona is a more desirable location for the overwhelming majority of players out there, and that they have indeed been much more successful on a global scale than we have in the past 20 years is somehow an indication of not being a Juventino, or even discrediting Juventus.

That's like saying a Ferrari is far superior to a Corvette, for instance. That doesn't mean the Corvette is shit.
what i dont understand is how Marc has avoided my ignore list for so long. I can't change the past but i can set myself up for a more successful future.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Is he better than Matuidi, Khedira and current Pjanic?

If so, what the fuck is the problem?
There are two problems:
1. he's disliked because Sarri likes him. The same people want Sarri gone
2. expectations are much higher than this. I'd say not really rightly so, mostly because of pre-corona Juve's financial situation + corona itself. Everybody wants drastic improvements though, it's the easy stance to have. Just neglect everything and demand major investments, like it ever guaranteed success.

Personally I don't really mind Jorginho. If you take into consideration more than just playing style, then "swapping" him with Pjanic makes actually sense:
1. Sarri knows him, he knows Sarri. Similar story to Higuain, it plays into advantage of the coach and the team.
2. Jorginho is younger. I can't remember whether it's just one year or two, that's good enough. Especially if you take into consideration the Pjanic's physique, he's declining fast.
3. Jorginho seems to be better defensively, even if slightly.
4. Pjanic makes 6m net, while Jorginho 4m net. For Pjanic Juve has to pay full taxation, Jorghino should benefit from the lower tax. The one that's cheaper for the budget, leaves room more for other signings.
5. Jorginho might seem to be redundant if you're a fan of Bentancur as DM. Then the problem is that you actually need more B2B players and those are scarce in the current market. So in the end it might be a good idea to leave Bentancur as B2B, he's doing fine there and go for a regista that suits the coach's needs. If you go that route, all you need is one quality B2B that would play next to Jorginho and Bentancur. Who would that be? I have no idea but I know it's better to chase one B2B in this market, than two.
Personally I'd vote for Aouar, I think he's obtainable for decent money but that, only time will tell us.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The issue is spending more money for not much of an improvement and the opportunity cost of a acquriing a better player. feels like a sideways move more than a major improvement which is frustrating considering how often that has happened with our midfielders.

I am ok with swapping Pjanic for Jorginho (as Pjanic has been ass for a while) but he is not the ideal signing

- - - Updated - - -

what i dont understand is how Marc has avoided my ignore list for so long. I can't change the past but i can set myself up for a more successful future.

Kyle, it is never too late, my man.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Joao Santos (Jorginho's agent): "Nobody from Juve contacted me. Sarri highly appreciates Jorginho as a person & player. In my opinion it is difficult for the Bianconeri to buy him today, the market will be affected by the pandemic + Jorginho has a contract until 2023." [TJ]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)