Jorge Andrade (3 Viewers)

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Juventus are close to agreeing a contract rescission with Portuguese international defender Jorge Andrade.

The 30-year-old joined the Bianconeri from Deportivo La Coruna last summer, but he broke his left rotula at the start of the 2007-08 campaign.

Just as he was nearing a return to fitness, Andrade damaged the same kneecap during pre-season training and was sentenced to another lengthy spell out of action.

Juve have decided to offer to buy out Andrade's contract to ensure that they don't have to pay the injured stopper's wages until the expiry of his deal in June 2010.

The signing of Andrade has backfired badly for the Old Lady, who have invested over £8m and seen very little in return.

C4 Italia

----

We got ripped!

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. its not like this hasn't happened to us before with other players
Every time you buy a player, there is a risk. Ok, with Andrade it was a little bigger cause he had lost the previous season because of an injury...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If we are to buy a new defender in January it will be Branislav Ivanovic, let's only hope that we do well in the Group stages and he doesn't step on the pitch for Chelsea and we're off to a really good signing.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
If we are to buy a new defender in January it will be Branislav Ivanovic, let's only hope that we do well in the Group stages and he doesn't step on the pitch for Chelsea and we're off to a really good signing.
Ivanovic is quite an unproven player. Do you think we need someone like him right now????

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
tonnes of experience means that he can play anywhere even CD better than a CB, because after all experience is the most important thing a footballer can have

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
No no, you are right, we should only get experienced players. We will get Crespo and play him as CB
What do you have with Crespo???? And were do you se me talking about experience????

I only said unproven cause Ivanovic hasn't done anything in Chelsea and i don't hink we need another Criscito-like player...

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Is Ivanovic Criscito-like?
He is an unproven player that hasn't done anything in Chelsea. Just like Criscito was when we bought him...

I don't know if Ivanovic will be a world class player sometime. For now he is someone that everybody calls talent but hasn't done everything...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He is an unproven player that hasn't done anything in Chelsea. Just like Criscito was when we bought him...

I don't know if Ivanovic will be a world class player sometime. For now he is someone that everybody calls talent but hasn't done everything...
What did Messi do before he joined Barcelona?

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
What did Messi do before he joined Barcelona?
Ok, let me understand...

Our defence is our weak point. We have already taken an average player (Knezevic) for our defence. Now we say that we need someone to give more options to Ranieri for our defence, and you tell me we should take another talent, who may be the next Cannavaro but may be a piece of crap...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The difference between Ivanovic and Criscito is that the former already played for a pretty good team (Lokomotiv Moscow), with huge success and he already has international experience by playing in UEFA Cup and for his National team (he scored 2 goals for his NT, one against France and the other against Portugal).

Criscito on the other hand never ever played a serie A match in his life before he joined Juventus ( here i mean that he never played in the main league of a country. He only played primavera and serie B football) . He never played in Europe and he never represented his NT.

Also, Ivanovic is 24 while Criscito was only 20 last year.

I'm not comparing them talent wise, but you must admit that Ivanovic is much more experienced than Criscito was last year.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
The difference between Ivanovic and Criscito is that the former already played for a pretty good team (Lokomotiv Moscow), with huge success and he already has international experience by playing in UEFA Cup and for his National team (he scored 2 goals for his NT, one against France and the other against Portugal).

Criscito on the other hand never ever played a serie A match in his life before he joined Juventus. He never played in Europe and he never represented his NT.

Also, Ivanovic is 24 while Criscito was only 20 last year.

I'm not comparing them talent wise, but you must admit that Ivanovic is much more experienced than Criscito was last year.
Do you think of Lokomotiv as such a big team?? And his appearances in UEFA cup are ok but not enough...

His had the chance to prove that he is a great player when he went to Chelsea, and he has not done everything in such a high level...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)