Jonathan Zebina (15 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
hmm yea that remains a big X against his name...but even in our 04-05 and 05-06 season, he was the poorest defender, so there is still a lot of opposition

Mar 14, 2004
Maybe,every player has his bad moments. But you can't deny his physical presence at the back and his forward runs(I must admit,sometimes he wants to be Maradona in offense). It is all in his head but he was a major success in Rome and he did well for us before we ended up in SerieB. And then he stood still. My point is,he is now at age when he's more than mature than back then and if he stays healthy he can all prove us wrong. And taking in fact his actual abillites I think he is worth of gamble this year. We are more than covered on other ends of the pitch,we can manage well with his average season IMO.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Keep Zebina, get rid of Grygera, and bring another starter in.
I would be equally pleased if we replace any of them.
Zebina is the better player IMO, more esp with the ball, he knows what to getting forwards. But he is a liability, even if he wants to do better, he cant, is injuries wont let him!

There are both very determined and they can both accept bench without complaining.

Grygera is a limited player, he was our worst player in this season, after Marchionni.
He is very incosistent. Although his is physically there, some times its almost as not even having him there.

I cant choose whats worse. Not to field a player at all (Zebi) or to field a player that might actively produce some damage (Grygera)

I cant decide, so lets accept the higher bidder. If they both reach the maximum Secco selling point (2.5 mil) Lets sell Zebi, because he is older and our stupid/racist fans hate him...

Mar 14, 2004
I cant decide, so lets accept the higher bidder. If they both reach the maximum Secco selling point (2.5 mil) Lets sell Zebi, because he is older and our stupid/racist fans hate him...

You may find this awkward but that's the mos stupid reason to sell a player. I don't rate the players by the skin of their color or religion.... I will be his biggest fan if he delivers the performances we expect even he might be a black jew....I don't care.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maybe,every player has his bad moments. But you can't deny his physical presence at the back and his forward runs(I must admit,sometimes he wants to be Maradona in offense). It is all in his head but he was a major success in Rome and he did well for us before we ended up in SerieB. And then he stood still. My point is,he is now at age when he's more than mature than back then and if he stays healthy he can all prove us wrong. And taking in fact his actual abillites I think he is worth of gamble this year. We are more than covered on other ends of the pitch,we can manage well with his average season IMO.
i don't want him to prove me wrong because I rate him well. I want him to live up to the expectations :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Wow, agreeing with you, word to word.

Oct 3, 2004
I just don't buy this whole messiah, return from the dead, OMFG-this-my-year-d00d, [enter biblical proportions description here] - crap.

Panucci's and Maldini's are rare and unique. This is a veteran defender who's played like crap for 2-3 seasons now, and suddenly declaring that this year (based on zero substantiated evidence) that he's going to bring his A-game.

Sorry for sounding so pessimistic, I just do not see that happening.

Anyway, if he's bianconero all I can do is pray I'm wrong...hope he does well..

arie mahendra

The Inspirator
Jun 19, 2009
I just don't buy this whole messiah, return from the dead, OMFG-this-my-year-d00d, [enter biblical proportions description here] - crap.

Panucci's and Maldini's are rare and unique. This is a veteran defender who's played like crap for 2-3 seasons now, and suddenly declaring that this year (based on zero substantiated evidence) that he's going to bring his A-game.

you dont have to pray. he will implement well.. so dont have to worry tough:alen:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

It's fucking unbelievable how certain people talk here. The guy knows that in these past years he wasn't at his best because of injuries and other factors like his temper. And because he is being very positive and energetic for the new season to begin and that he has a new coach now who was an excellent defender at his days, the guy is crap. It is not like he didn't already show us that he can be a very quality RB. I say this is what we expect from each and every juve player, so give him a break already.

Mar 30, 2006
It's fucking unbelievable how certain people talk here. The guy knows that in these past years he wasn't at his best because of injuries and other factors like his temper. And because he is being very positive and energetic for the new season to begin and that he has a new coach now who was an excellent defender at his days, the guy is crap. It is not like he didn't already show us that he can be a very quality RB. I say this is what we expect from each and every juve player, so give him a break already.
I think this will be a good year for Zebina

Oct 3, 2004
We can all talk, sound motivated, hyped, because yes it's the beginning of the season, all teams begin fresh...so it's only natural to have this "I can't wait to get started I wanna kick ass" mentality - which is awesome, don't get me wrong.

I'm just being skeptical that in Zebina's case it will translate into something positive.

Juventus' weakest link these past two seasons are the full back positions.

By the way, let's not forget, Gigli Cobolli did announce a 5-yr-plan, you have to keep this in mind. Is "hoping that Zebina will rediscover himself" a guarantee or a certainty for this long term goal? We're heading into year-3 now...:shifty:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We can all talk, sound motivated, hyped, because yes it's the beginning of the season, all teams begin fresh...so it's only natural to have this "I can't wait to get started I wanna kick ass" mentality - which is awesome, don't get me wrong.

I'm just being skeptical that in Zebina's case it will translate into something positive.

By the way, let's not forget, Gigli Cobolli did announce a 5-yr-plan, you have to keep this in mind. Is "hoping that Zebina will rediscover himself" a guarantee or a certainty for this long term goal? We're heading into year-3 now...:shifty:
I never said he is a guarantee, I only said that when fit he can be our wanted RB as he shown us in previous matches. Last time I checked, Blanc said that Felipe will be the last transfer of this successful mercato. If there was gonna be another transfer, I would never buy a replacement for the RB spot, but the LB instead.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

We have two years left of that 5 year plan. We have a midfield that needs no adjustments for many years. the attacks is rich enough in quality and variety to see us through at least another year or two, especially if Giovinco can become the new Del Piero.

so lets say, next summer, we grab two new fullbacks and a centre back. Update the defence...then the summer after that, year 5, we re-arrange the attack. 5 years and we are done. Back to somewhere near having a world class team.

Two of the three players we have purchased this summer(assuming Melo is a done deal) are players who are definite building blocks of the Juve of the future.

lets give Buffon another 5 years. Diego, Chiellini, Marchisio, Momo, Melo, De Ceglie (if he comes good this season), Giovinco (if he is given the chance), Buffon, Amauri, Iaquinta, Trezeguet, Del Piero...

yes Del Piero and Trez need to be replaced in the next year or so. but the others are fine. I offer my total support to the board and the manager and the players. Last two summers were poor in the mercato, this summer has been sensational...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)