• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
05/03/2008 18:12
Zebina Tells Referees: Stop This Massacre
Jonathan Zebina has sensationally declared that Juventus have been massacred by the referees this season.

The Bianconeri have had a plethora of officiating errors go against them, and indeed last month the Gazzetta dello Sport printed a revised table of where all the Serie A teams would be if no mistakes had been made.

Juve topped the table, having lost 12 points to rivals Inter due to errors. Since this report there was the controversial defeat to Reggina, which led the Bianconeri to write an open letter of complaint to the Italian Football Federation.

"I am saying only that we must stop this massacre, because it is a massacre,” blasted Zebina.

“What has happened to Juventus this year should not be repeated: we must find a solution."

Zebina also commented on Juve’s 3-2 defeat to Fiorentina last weekend, and rejects observations that the team is in crisis, having picked up just one point in three games.

"I think there has been too much drama. I do not see any crisis,” the Frenchman told Sky Italia.

“I see only a team that have made extraordinary strides forward. The game with Fiorentina has to be a lesson, we must understand what is wrong and give a strong response on Sunday at Genoa.

"I would be happy if the standings were as so at the end of the championship.

“In my opinion, if we finish third or fourth this season it would be a success because Juventus are coming from Serie B and we must always remember that because we tend to forget."

Finally Zebina stated that he was very confident that Juve would qualify for next season’s Champions League.

"The qualification into the Champions League, to tell the truth, I do not worry. It will not be a problem," he concluded.

Gianni Wilson

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Zebina: I Regretted Not Moving To Milan

Jonathan Zebina has admitted that he regretted moving to Juventus and not Milan, however he now says that he wants to end his career with the Bianconeri. The Frenchman rejected a move to Milan before he eventually signed for Juve in 2004.

Although Zebina won two consecutive Scudetti (later revoked) with the Old Lady, he realises that at Milan he would have got his hands on a plethora of European and international trophies.

"The big risk was when I refused Milan, having already signed for Juve. I did regret what I had done,” explained the 29-year-old.

“I certainly could have won two Champions Leagues and one Intercontinental Cup, but if you ask me how I will finish and how I would like to end my adventure in Italy, I would like to end it with this shirt because this will make the original decision to come here justified."

Zebina’s future in Turin had looked bleak at the beginning of the season after a falling out with Coach Claudio Ranieri.

However the pair have patched up their differences, and the ex-Cagliari man is now a regular on the right-hand side of defence.

goal.com

rvi

l'amour toujours
Apr 5, 2007
7/03/2008 01:28
Cobolli Gigli Defends Zebina Outburst
Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has defended Jonathan Zebina’s comments regarding referee mistakes which have cost the Bianconeri on several occasions this season. Zebina described the errors as a massacre and he had strong words for the men in black: "I am saying only that we must stop this massacre, because it is a massacre,” said Zebina just a few days ago.

The defender risks being suspended for brining the game into disrepute however Gigli has come to the player’s defence following the outburst three days ago.

“Zebina only said positive things in a splendid interview which perhaps was not reported in synthesis.”

The president also spoke about Juve’s poor season thus far and he has hinted at what the side needs to do in order to rediscover themselves.

“How do we get out of it? We have to win, it’s an obvious response but it’s the only one I can give,” concluded the president.

Juventus will be hoping to bounce back from their recent Serie A woes as they travel to Genoa to take on the Rossoblu on Sunday.

Salvatore Landolina

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Forza Jonathan "I dribble through the opposite's whole defence and make them look like schoolboys" Zebina:tup: If he stays fit without an injury he's one of the best right-backs in Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)