Jonathan Zebina (98 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
what the fuck are you? Marko the blind? You said Zebina is an excellent player I said Madness. you replied "What?" And I restated my post since you seem blind. Do you now understand?
Sorry for the upset, it's just that I can't read your mind.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
don't get offended, friend. I wasn't trying to make fun of you. It was just my lame attempt at being funny :toast:

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
No problem, I know that you wasn't trying to make fun of me and I wasn't trying to make fun of you. And my attempt of being funny was better, wasn't it?

Just kidding.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
So we got rid of Balzaretti, but we kept Zebina. Hmmm. Question Mark.

?
Considering that Fiorentina is paying Balza only 500k Euros in wages compared to us paying 2.5 million in wages to Zebina; - yes that was a mistake! Especially when you take into account that: -

Zebina is a hothead compared to Balza's equable temperament and that Zebina has cost us more than Balza in penalty kicks too!

Balza's workrate was higher too! Balza's drawback was that he took a while to settle into the team at the beginning of the season.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
zebina is 10 times the player balzaretti will ever be
on what count? explain your reasoning on that statement. zebina is not a bad player but for his age (basically 30) and his status he is not a world-class defender. IMO balza still has time to improve and could become a force in someones backline. i used to criticize balza relentlessly all last year but IMO it was tough love in a way. zebina is a good player but he not 10x better than anyone.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I dont even understand why he's still at Juve, he's not that good in attack or defense, he always covers the offside, he loves making penalties, his wages are too much for him,we have 3 players in his position (Gryg, Brin and maybe Salih), I dont recall him in France jersey, he's old.........what else? he's ugly

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I dont even understand why he's still at Juve, he's not that good in attack or defense, he always covers the offside, he loves making penalties, his wages are too much for him,we have 3 players in his position (Gryg, Brin and maybe Salih), I dont recall him in France jersey, he's old.........what else? he's ugly
:rofl2:

i'm not arguing with you ;)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
:rofl2:

i'm not arguing with you ;)
Nor am I! :D :rofl:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I love both Zebina and Balza, If I had to take a professional decision I would go with Balza.. another fucked up decision by the Board :tup:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
the thing is with zebina is his temperament just destroys his abilities.Last season he was calm and composed for large chunks of the season and I personally saw a great deal of improvement in his overall game both offensively and defensively.

He showed glimpses of that good form in the Calgiari game and then we saw the ugly side again. He needs to work on that a lot and Ranieri needs to put an effort in, i dont know if its the pressure or what but its not helping anybody when we could have a decent RB on our hands.

and i would take balza any day over jonathan.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Sateeh Zebina is doing very good lately on controlling in his temper till the last match, and I don't blame him for the last match's incident. Everyone was crazy, it was no surprise someone was going to lose it, and Zebi was one of those, Chiellini did too, but he could escape the ban and with Buffon's help. Even Nedved legrotaglie were mad like hell.

But I was arguing on something very different. Zebina is a very good player, but his wage is very hight if you compare it with Balzaretti's current one. 5 times more man, wouldn't you chose Balza instead of Zebina for that?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Sateeh Zebina is doing very good lately on controlling in his temper till the last match, and I don't blame him for the last match's incident. Everyone was crazy, it was no surprise someone was going to lose it, and Zebi was one of those, Chiellini did too, but he could escape the ban and with Buffon's help. Even Nedved legrotaglie were mad like hell.

But I was arguing on something very different. Zebina is a very good player, but his wage is very hight if you compare it with Balzaretti's current one. 5 times more man, wouldn't you chose Balza instead of Zebina for that?
The thing is that i didnt see any pre season games(only the milan game) and the calgiari game was the first game for him. I know it was a tough game and a very emotional one and he just snapped.

After last season i have high expectations from and not just the good defensive game, as he showed he has the ability to perform better.

@jack, he should be back in week 7 against the Viola

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not sure why we are comparing balzaretti to zebina considering balzaretti played left back last season. Balzaretti was only used on the right on a few occasions. Left back was Balzaretti preferred position, obviously his main competition was Chiellini...and Molinaro somehow came into the team..still not sure why this happened.

As for Zebina and right back, there are two players clearly better than him in this position. Grygera and Salihamidzic are clearly the better choices. Unless Criscito improves, i see Grygera playing central, hopefully Sali plays at right back.

Zebina is hard to get rid of simply cuz he has a wage which others out there wouldnt wanna pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)