• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Zebina misses a month

Juventus defender Jonathan Zebina has been handed a four-match ban after his unprofessional behaviour following a red card against Cagliari.

The French defender was sent off in the Bianconeri’s 3-2 win at the Stadio Sant’Elia after receiving a second booking for dissent.

To make matters worse the angry ex-Roma man started an altercation with a cameraman, who alegedly taunted him as he left the pitch.

Zebina was led away by stewards as he attempted to land a blow on the man in question and has seen his suspension extended as a consequence.

The 29-year-old will be missing until Week 7’s grudge match against Fiorentina at the Stadio Artemio Franchi and must also foot a £10,000 fine.

The Disciplinary Commission’s other victims were Cagliari defender Cristiano Del Grosso and Sampdoria’s ex-Tottenham winger Reto Ziegler who must both sit out one game.

channel 4

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So what would you deem as an appropriate punishment? 2 matches? What is the proper formula or equation? Does a red card + assualt = less than 4 games? In most countries what he committed would be considered misdemeanor assault, in place of jail time being that he is a pro athelete I don’t see anything harsh about 4 games.

It sux that its one of our players but there is place for that in any sport and I am glad that it is being made known that it will not be tolerated.

:pint:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
So what would you deem as an appropriate punishment? 2 matches? What is the proper formula or equation? Does a red card + assualt = less than 4 games? In most countries what he committed would be considered misdemeanor assault, in place of jail time being that he is a pro athelete I don’t see anything harsh about 4 games.

It sux that its one of our players but there is place for that in any sport and I am glad that it is being made known that it will not be tolerated.

:pint:
Jail?? you are talking like he beat the shit out of that guy.. Sure he deserves a punishment, but yeah I would give him a two match ban..

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Jail?? you are talking like he beat the shit out of that guy.. Sure he deserves a punishment, but yeah I would give him a two match ban..
i'm not saying that he deserves to go to jail, but like i said in some countries assault is a misdemeanor which is a criminal offense which can lead to jail time. trust me snoop, this kinda shit happens to pro athletes in the u.s. all the time. i dont know the common law practices of italy but if this happened in america zebina would be hit with a criminal trial from the state and then most likely a civil trial (to get $$$$ of course) from the guy he hit. on top of all that he would be suspended with a bottle of activator to fix his hair during his time off.

stay drunk. :pint:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Everyone hates Zebina more for the usual 'Zebinars' that he pulls off during the game than for the Cameraman incident.Any normal person would have reacted in such a situation.That doesnt mean that what he did was justified,but he doesnt deserve so much shit for it.He's human afterall.Atleast he didnt do a Cantona on him.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Everyone hates Zebina more for the usual 'Zebinars' that he pulls off during the game than for the Cameraman incident.Any normal person would have reacted in such a situation.That doesnt mean that what he did was justified,but he doesnt deserve so much shit for it.He's human afterall.Atleast he didnt do a Cantona on him.
:lol:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
FFS, he didn't even slap the cameraman, not even Totti was punished that way for spitting against a PLAYER not a CAMERAMAN.

4matches = 1month which is too much and unfair.

Forza Jonathan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)