Jonathan Zebina (3 Viewers)

Legend, not a legend?

• Legend?

• Not a Legend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He was probably mad becouse the fans were boing him when he came out, he wasnt mad at Deschamps, thats just media crap.
:agree:

its a shame how our fans act the way they do especially after a great match like that. nothing is appeasing - complacency is epidemic :disagree:

Jul 24, 2006
Tuttosport

Zebina renews until 2010 ... :smoke:
Seems like this is true though no confirmation on the Juve website.

Not too pleased with this news, though Zebina is versatile in theory I see him as a mediocre centreback and only a passable right back.

He so rarely exploits the wing positions he gets into with a decent final ball.. Reminds me of Dider Agathe for Celtic years back in this regard..

From Channel 4:

Jonathan Zebina is set to sign a new contract with Juventus in a move that may be criticised by some Old Lady fans.

The Frenchman has a far from perfect relationship with certain sections of the Juve support, but he’s ready to fight on in a bid to win their admiration.

Reports in Turin today claim that the international is ready to extend his agreement until June 2010.

Sporting director Alessio Secco, already planning for next season’s probable Serie A campaign, is expected to meet with Zebina’s agent next week.

The former Cagliari stopper moved to Italy’s most titled club after leaving Roma on a free transfer in 2004.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
Zebina is not great, but not useless either. I'm OK with keeping him. We cannot switch the whole team and he is not a liability. He usually does his job, not more not less.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Zebina is not great, but not useless either. I'm OK with keeping him. We cannot switch the whole team and he is not a liability. He usually does his job, not more not less.
Seems like this is true though no confirmation on the Juve website.

Not too pleased with this news, though Zebina is versatile in theory I see him as a mediocre centreback and only a passable right back.

He so rarely exploits the wing positions he gets into with a decent final ball.. Reminds me of Dider Agathe for Celtic years back in this regard..
Probably he'll be a backup for RB...
Dont forget that we need depth as well...just look at what happened to us in the defense this season!

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
How much did Zebina paid us for his contract extensian:D? I have too admit ,he improved much this season in my eyes even tho it can be serie B, but still he is not always impressive this season he didnt do that bad.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Zebina is just a ''SickNote'' at our club getting paid and playing 50% of our games. That isnt good enough. But he'll be a superb sub to bring on when Grygera gets injured.

Jul 24, 2006
Hope ur right on that Juve-Prince.. Don't mind him as a 'versatile' backup, just as long as they aren't figuring him as a starter!

2010 though?! And they are apparently hesitant to extend DP to 2012..?

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
How much did Zebina paid us for his contract extensian:D? I have too admit ,he improved much this season in my eyes even tho it can be serie B, but still he is not always impressive this season he didnt do that bad.
Quite right... Do someone remeber how Zebina played after he join us from Roma?
He still has quality, and he was plagued with injuries. We are well covered on the sidebacks, all we need are 2-3 high profile stoppers. This season we suffered because a lot of the games we played without pureblooded stoppers(Piccolo doesn't count's, as aplayer I think!:D). We played either with Zebina either with Chiellini either with both, if one of them isn't injured! That's why I think DD should have a chance I say DD organizes the team well and I am satisfied with him!

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
I'm glad we resigned zebina. I would prefer him over boumsong. Next year we will probably get 1 or 2 more defenders so we will need some depth. I think he can play as a cb, and he isn't that bad.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This after all the bitching and moaning about being prevented from leaving the club during the offseason??? :confused2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)