John Elkann (9 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
:D

If the Agnelli's (The Elkanns included?) own the majority, why did they refuse to give some money to the club?! (Assuming Andrea has an influence due to his share)...
Juve is just one piece of that bigger cake that Exor as a holding company owns. They own besides Juve 9 more companies. Some of them are pretty Huge companies in comparison to Juventus.

We're talking about companies that generate anywhere between 2 to 55 billions in total revenues. Try to compare that with the club pretty small total revenue of around 200 millions !

They view these companies as investments and the more :money: these investments generate the more attractive they will be for them (as simple as that).

We're not as profitable to them as these other companies.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 2, 2006
I have a store. It is projected to make 20+million this year in sales, and we met our goal of 17.5m in sales last year (just barely). But now that economic times are changing, the way the store operates is changing as well.

We met those sales goals because we were smart where we spent on employee wages, merchandising, marketing, etc. But it was on the store level that we became a leading store for my company on the east coast. It wasn't because the company CEO pumped millions of his own money/assets into the store, we met our goals because we were smart on the store level. And to be honest, we have gotten bonuses for that hard work from corporate. And that is exactly how it works, smart business operations and protecting the bottom line is when you start seeing money pumped into your machine.

Our club has had money given to them, it was just not spent wisely at all, so again I am in the same endless loop of an argument. We don't suffer financially especially when you see how much we have spent since we got back into Serie A.

It's who you buy and how you spend your money that makes success. It's not how much you spend. Look at Man City now, Real in CL, etc...let's not forget pre-2006 Internazionale.
Economics in foreign language.. I understood it after reading three times:D

I agree with the money we spent we should have achieve much more. Like how we choose Almiron over Hamsik, giving away Balzaretti, Konko and Criscito etc. But the reason why we have retard directors/managers who don't have a clue about spending wisely is that we don't have money to bring professional ones. Ranieri was earning 1 million, ridiculously low when you compare it with likes of Mourinho, Benitez. Then we hired Zaccheroni instead of Hiddink because he was earning peanuts. When you start to hire managers because of their low wage demand that means you are in need of money. Owners have no vision and it hurts club badly. They didn't want to spend 3 million for a proper manager but missing champions league cost us 30 million.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Juve is just one piece of that bigger cake that Exor as a holding company owns. They own besides Juve 9 more companies. Some of them are pretty Huge companies in comparison to Juventus.

We're talking about companies that generate anywhere between 2 to 55 billions in total revenues. Try to compare that with the club pretty small total revenue of around 200 millions !

They view these companies as investments and the more :money: these investments generate the more attractive they will be for them (as simple as that).

We're not as profitable to them as these other companies.
I know that, But having Andrea as a president means this club means something to them, so I expect a bit of investment in this club!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Economics in foreign language.. I understood it after reading three times:D

I agree with the money we spent we should have achieve much more. Like how we choose Almiron over Hamsik, giving away Balzaretti, Konko and Criscito etc. But the reason why we have retard directors/managers who don't have a clue about spending wisely is that we don't have money to bring professional ones. Ranieri was earning 1 million, ridiculously low when you compare it with likes of Mourinho, Benitez. Then we hired Zaccheroni instead of Hiddink because he was earning peanuts. When you start to hire managers because of their low wage demand that means you are in need of money. Owners have no vision and it hurts club badly. They didn't want to spend 3 million for a proper manager but missing champions league cost us 30 million.
I forgot English isn't your first language:D

But I am not convinced that in 2006, when the entire world was against us, that money was the problem that no one wanted to come give us a hand. I can't imagine how difficult the task was replacing our prior board with equal candidates. It would not have been easy, and a club surrounded in scandal at the time would have been VERY risky for someone of Hiddink's stature, etc.

I think now that we are getting back on track we will see this summer that we aren't the feather weights (boxing term) that we appear to be right now on the transfer market.

Our BoD sucked ass the first years back, but now that Marotta is here in place of Secco and of course that Blanc/Cobogli aren't in charge either is going to help us. Agnelli is a business man with a strong business mind who has it in his blood, I think he will be fine.

As far as the Elkaans are concerned, I think once they see that Juve (their project) are starting to run efficiently and effectively then they will start getting more involved again. This club needs to be able to run on it's own first, otherwise it isn't a good business plan if aid is continuously needed to keep our heads above water. We need to swim on our own and not sink under poor business decisions and once we can tread in dangerous waters safely then I think the powers to be will start getting more involved. But that's just what I think.

It's like Chess, you have the strategically have your key pieces in place to strike for the King/Queen, you just don't go balls out right away.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
I know that, But having Andrea as a president means this club means something to them, so I expect a bit of investment in this club!
Not necessarily, maybe they put him in charge as a shield against protesting fans just to take the pressure off from themselves. you know, get them what they want and get rid of all the responsibilities.

I'm not saying thats true, cause honestly I dont know. just providing another theory.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
As far as i know Andrea has no power in company. Elkann kicked him out off business and gave him Juventus to play.
Best thing Elkan has ever done to Juve.

I forgot English isn't your first language:D

But I am not convinced that in 2006, when the entire world was against us, that money was the problem that no one wanted to come give us a hand. I can't imagine how difficult the task was replacing our prior board with equal candidates. It would not have been easy, and a club surrounded in scandal at the time would have been VERY risky for someone of Hiddink's stature, etc.

I think now that we are getting back on track we will see this summer that we aren't the feather weights (boxing term) that we appear to be right now on the transfer market.

Our BoD sucked ass the first years back, but now that Marotta is here in place of Secco and of course that Blanc/Cobogli aren't in charge either is going to help us. Agnelli is a business man with a strong business mind who has it in his blood, I think he will be fine.

As far as the Elkaans are concerned, I think once they see that Juve (their project) are starting to run efficiently and effectively then they will start getting more involved again. This club needs to be able to run on it's own first, otherwise it isn't a good business plan if aid is continuously needed to keep our heads above water. We need to swim on our own and not sink under poor business decisions and once we can tread in dangerous waters safely then I think the powers to be will start getting more involved. But that's just what I think.

It's like Chess, you have the strategically have your key pieces in place to strike for the King/Queen, you just don't go balls out right away.
:tup:

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
As I said, to those of you claiming they invested none of their own money, it's a lie.

Spring 2007:
Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announced that it has decided to increase its share capital by offering a maximum amount of 80,621,332 own shares by way of subscription rights to its own shareholders. The price is EUR 1.30 per share of which EUR 1.20 for the share premium. The offer period and the negotiation on the market of the subscription rights will begin on May 28, 2007. The last day of negotiation on the market of the subscription rights will be on June 8, 2007, and the offer period will end on June 15, 2007, which is also the last day for payment of the new shares
http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/keyDevelopments?symbol=JUVE.MI&pn=4

Agnelli family retianed their 60% stake, and purchased 48,373,666 of those shares. At €1.30 each share, that means the Agnelli family invested €62,885,765.8m.

http://juventus.it/site/filesite/finance/comunicatipricesensitive/02_lug_2007_eng.pdf

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010

I'm watching you, Johnnyboy.​
Oh how we miss you mafioso face!

Elkann for the love of all bianconeri get off your high horse and do something. Andrea obviously needs help. Plus do us all a favor suck in your pride and give Moggi a call once his ban is lifted because you know and we all know he is the only one going to fix this club.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Oh how we miss you mafioso face!

Elkann for the love of all bianconeri get off your high horse and do something. Andrea obviously needs help. Plus do us all a favor suck in your pride and give Moggi a call once his ban is lifted because you know and we all know he is the only one going to fix this club.
Says who ? I honestly think even moggi won't fix our problems right now.

Moggi when he came here actually started from a strong base (having a team that just won the uefa cup). He had a great eye for talents no doubt about that but still he didn't start from scratch.

Not defending the current guys in charge of this club but they're literally are starting from nothing. We had absolutely no team coming from last season's nightmare.

Its a tough task, Moggi don't have a magic stick to fix all our problems. We will probably do it the hard way and start building the team slowly. The fans won't like it, but thats the only way forward for this club unless some filthy rich investor buys the club and starts spending big just like man City for example.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Says who ? I honestly think even moggi won't fix our problems right now.

Moggi when he came here actually started from a strong base (having a team that just won the uefa cup). He had a great eye for talents no doubt about that but still he didn't start from scratch.

Not defending the current guys in charge of this club but they're literally are starting from nothing. We had absolutely no team coming from last season's nightmare.

Its a tough task, Moggi don't have a magic stick to fix all our problems. We will probably do it the hard way and start building the team slowly. The fans won't like it, but thats the only way forward for this club unless some filthy rich investor buys the club and starts spending big just like man City for example.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)