John Elkann (13 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Do guys here still think that the Elkanns or even andrea agnelli would spend a dime from their "own" pockets to finance deals for this club ?!

That would simply "never" happen, thats why it doesn't matter whether they spend a million/Billion on their other investments.

This club will "only" spend money that it makes, pretty simple......

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's a property investment though isn't it, they are not a notable cricket team so it's nothing from a sporting perspective and Marylebone is an affluent area, it's a business deal he'll get a return on. With football you don't make money, but you'd like to think they would invest, a strong Juve can only be good for an overall image.
:tup:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
It's always a risk with a football club but with almost every investment but a 10m now could have a big impact on Juve later by reaching the CL and sh*t. Missing the CL will not be good for us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's always a risk with a football club but with almost every investment but a 10m now could have a big impact on Juve later by reaching the CL and sh*t. Missing the CL will not be good for us.
Yes, there'll come a point where they have to make some kind of intervention. Although I can see why they might be unwilling to finance the transfer funds right now because they surely did in Secco's years and it was mostly wasted, they will wait to see first whether it can be done with a lesser spend. By that time we might be out of CL contention, but as usual they will act slowly.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Money is really our real problem
With the exception of man city, Real Madrid and Barca who are pretty much in a league of their own "financially". We actually were the big spenders of Europe in the last 4 years.

Try to compare how much we've spent on players in those years with clubs like United, Arsenal, Liverpool, milan or even Inter and we're actually ahead of all these clubs (spending wise) but we've wasted all that money on shitty players.

Our real Problem is having the right people to spend that money on the right players.

Yeah, I'd rather have a poor team with honor and prestige than having a club with an Arab suggar daddy. And those so-called "Juve fans" that seem to think so should support Man City instead!
Even though am not a fan of changing ownership and i think nothing wrong with our current ones but i could never understand whats the connection between honor + prestige and having an Arab owner !!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But what the hell has the fact that Juventus has little (or no) money to do with this particular deal?

Seems to me (if I have the right information) that this is strictly a business deal, a strategic investment. You know, an attempt to yield future profits.
How is that, in whatever way possible, somehow to related to "giving" money to your football team?
Exactly, great post and I enjoyed what needed to be said and you said it.

He doesn't "owe" us a penny. This club is more than capable of buying much better players than Martinez and Diego's for 12m and 25m respectively. If Secco had spent more wisely for the last 3 years we wouldn't be barking up the wrong tree right now. Marotta has made the same mistake too.

As soon as our board gets their heads out of their asses we will be better off instead of hoping our "benefactor" comes to save the day.

If my store doesn't make its daily sales because of poor employee performance I sure as hell don't expect the owner of H&M to come and spend money so we make our quota.

Stop complaining you bunch of pansies.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
It's a property investment though isn't it, they are not a notable cricket team so it's nothing from a sporting perspective and Marylebone is an affluent area, it's a business deal he'll get a return on. With football you don't make money, but you'd like to think they would invest, a strong Juve can only be good for an overall image.
Well said. If they invested that money in Juventus, they would never see a return.

Our fans should be grateful our financial situation is nothing like the clubs they wish we would emulate in terms of spending.

And btw, for all of thos saying they haven't invested their money, this is a lie. Where do you think the money came from the summer out of serie b? Who covered the losses the following year as a result of that spending? Who will cover the losses this upcoming summer? Our fans only recognize their monetary contribution in terms of the transfer market.
Obviously I would love for them to invest, but not at the expense of my club. Our fans need to adjust their expectations and face up to the facts. We are spending within our means.

Personally, I am not a fan of John Elkann because I can never forgive our leadership for the rape they took in 2006. They basically bent over and did nothing to defend the club, despite having a strong case and very good chance of winning. However, at the same time I don't want us becoming some Arab playboys toy, so I swallow my pride and accept our ownership, even if they betrayed us and let our image become tainted. However, the burden created by poor financial management is more detrimental and difficult to solve than our clubs reputation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If you mean beacause we spent too much on the wrong players too many times, then yes, that "may" be the problem. But even so, that's our boards mistake, not because we don't have enough money.

Did you know that if you feed a goldfish too much food they eat themselves to death because they don't know how to stop. Well, Secco was given too much amd couldn't do anything with it and look what happened.

We are one of the largest spenders in europe the last few years so to say we don't have enough is stupid.

All the money Inter spent pre-2006 did nothing for them against a Juve that had a fraction of that to spend on players.

Stop making excuses. Its who is in charge of spending the money we do have and how its spent, that's the problem. Not how much we have.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The one who was in charge for spending, was the one who was hired by the board mate.
Did you read my first post or not? I know that, and thank you. I said we have enough money and I also said our board is at fault. Our problems aren't financial, Melo. Re-read my posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)