Johansson to talk with EU about restricting "foreign invasion" (1 Viewer)

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #21
    I think some people are reading a little TOO much into it,

Good points:
    1. Stronger NATIONAL team, there are lots of players, that are over looked, and many teams that dont use there youth teams, what I hate more then anything is teams that are in greats cities and lots of youth talent, but dont use them. 1 of the reasons I support Roma and Man United, and reasons why I have Real Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc etc. On the example of Juve, does anyone here believe Zayaleta is better then Miccoli?

2. Less, 'not good enough' foriengers, the best Brazilians and Argenines will be in Serie A, just to get rid of those that arent any better then Italian youngsters.

Bad points:

1. I agree that many players from the same country and so similar it wouldnt be brilliant, for example with Man United, does anyone believe an English player could do what Ronaldo does? Not likely! So, it is bad that foriegnes will be LIMITED, but good for the Azzuri!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    1. Stronger NATIONAL team, there are lots of players, that are over looked, and many teams that dont use there youth teams, what I hate more then anything is teams that are in greats cities and lots of youth talent, but dont use them. 1 of the reasons I support Roma and Man United, and reasons why I have Real Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc etc.
    Real Madrid have in later years sold a lot of their less talented foreign players, which has resulted in a greatly reduced depth. In came Pavon, Raul Bravo, Mejia, Borja, Portillo, most of whom have flopped at the highest level.

If you're talking about contemporary Roma, you'd be right. But if we just go back a few years to the more glorious years of Roma, it was a team desperately reliant on the many foreign stars in your ranks; Cafu, Aldair, Emerson, Samuel, Candela, Lima, Assuncao (the latter two both of which were not that good but were still in the lineup), Batistuta. I would go as far as saying that only now are things changing (due to your disastrous financial situation, otherwise there is no reason to suspect the import of foreign players would stop), in the 90s it was a club dominated by foreign stars like Balbo, Fonseca, Konsel, Zago, Paulo Sergio etc outside those mentioned above.

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    On the example of Juve, does anyone here believe Zayaleta is better then Miccoli?
    At the risk of repeating what others have said hundreds of times, Miccoli and Zalayeta are two different kinds of players. Miccoli was supposed to be the new star, desperate for minutes on the pitch at a club where his ability was underused (same with Di Vaio). Both of them needed game time to break into the national team and establish themselves at the highest level. If he has them, Zalayeta certainly doesn't speak of such ambitions in public. He is quite content with being at the club and playing whenever the chance beckons, which is why he's a valuable asset.

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #23
    That is awful, so Zalayeta is content with sitting on the bench forever? Personally, I'd perfer players who actually want to get on the pitch all the time.

All teams have had many foriegn players at some point in time, and I doubt it'll end if something isnt done.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    Of course Zalayeta wants to play, but the point is that he doesn't complain when he sits on the bench... And that's something that I respect, he's quite realistic about his skills and improving, he doesn't think that he's world beater... So he's not an asshole, unlike Sensi's players... :D

Aug 1, 2003
    I disagree with the idea. Variety of football styles, what with the imports of foreign players give more entertainment and gives more inspiration to better football plays.

Besides, it would be bad for Italian Serie A popularity. Some Czechs will support Serie A and Juve just because Nedved's there, and if we don't have much foreigners we lose the amount of fan base too. I don't like these type of fans, but they still count.

And if Italy wants to produce more quality Italian players, that's their problem. i hardly think by having foreigners can be a solution. Quite the contrary. What local players should do is fight for a team place with the better foreigner, and when they do, they become naturally a better player. And like I said before, you learn from different styles of football globally. Shouldn't that be a plus, especially in creativity?

OP

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #27
    You become a better player by playing games, if there is 2 players for the same position and (for example) one is Argentine and one Italian, if the Argentine is playing, he is improving faster then the Italian who isnt playing, players inprove by playing games, not by training, thats why clubs send them out on loan, so they get first-team experience!

Aug 1, 2003
    Yes and if the Argentine is better that should give the Italian a better initiative to do better to beat the Argentine which will make the Italian a better player because of more hard work. Besides, I've always believed whatever it is that Italy lacks has always been in their mentality rather than their system

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by _Emerson ] ++

How is that discriminating?, its only talk about reducing the amount of foreigners. The society itself has alot of rules about invasion of foreigners, but i guess thats discriminating too for you.
    Shut your mouth. You dont even know me laddie, and im thankfull that i live in a part of a world where me being italian and english is accepted. If you want to assume things about someone you dont even know.. grand by me. Allow me to do the same. I assume you are a non italian juventus fan, who has nothing better to do then to assume things about people he doesnt know.

As in regards to the rules, it will only make the league weaker and make for less exciting europeon competition. Its fully the teams choice if who they want to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)