Joaquin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Alright, let's see:

Pros:
Eligible for the Champions League.
Is, according to Valencia fans, best in a 4-4-2.
Has, according to Valencia fans, a good attitude.
Would suit our counter attacking tactics in the big games.
Is an upgrade to Marchionni and Salihamidzic.
Younger than all our wingers (bar Giovinco).

Cons:
Inconsistent.
Overpriced.
Not as good overall as Camoranesi.
Not a left winger (?).

I believe Ranieri was after him when he was Valencia manager.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Alright, let's see:

Pros:
Eligible for the Champions League.
Is, according to Valencia fans, best in a 4-4-2.
Has, according to Valencia fans, a good attitude.
Would suit our counter attacking tactics in the big games.
Is an upgrade to Marchionni and Salihamidzic.
Younger than all our wingers (bar Giovinco).

Cons:
Inconsistent.
Overpriced.
Not as good overall as Camoranesi.
Not a left winger (?).

I prefer to see more of Marchionni before saying that Joaquin is better.
His injury prevented him from showing his worth...but looking at his performance since he was back, I'd say he did a very good job so far!

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
While Marco did put in a decent defensive performance against Real Madrid, he was obviously out of his depth in attack. Okay squad player, but not a winger who wins you games.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was wondering the same thing. I wondered why Joaquin of all people and then i thought about the possibility that it was exactly Ranieri, who knows Joaquin from La Liga, who asked for him.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
What has Joaquin done for you to mention him in the same breath as Camo?
he is a technically gifted player, very good dribbling skills, great pace, and a good crosser, he has not been in great form recently, but i have seen him when he is on form, and he is a great winger, players don't just go crap, if he got his confidence back and had backing by juventus, i could see him become a great juventus player

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I don't know, I used to think highly of him but ever since joining Valencia, I've completely lost track of him, either injured or off-form. Supposedly he's doing pretty well ATM.

Anyone followed lot of Valencia games this season? For 20€ mil...it's still a gamble.
So true,I would have loved for him to sign during his Betis days!£15m could buy a whole lot better especially that clubs have to cut down on costs,Camo is still the man though.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
On a serious note, shopping from Valencia in January could be wise since they have many quality players who are not cup tied.

I'd rather add a few millions and get David Silva instead.
:superhapp

We have to add Amauri to the cash though.

Ален;1796848 said:
Yes. The only advantage of Joaquin is that he is younger and that I don't remember the last time we'd had Camo for five matches in a row :depressed

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
I say we should go for Rosina, he is not that good but with potential, and he is versatile in front. And further more, I want to see how the toro fans react once their captain play for Juve

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
he is a technically gifted player, very good dribbling skills, great pace, and a good crosser, he has not been in great form recently, but i have seen him when he is on form, and he is a great winger, players don't just go crap, if he got his confidence back and had backing by juventus, i could see him become a great juventus player
Sure, he's talented. But you didn't answer my question. What has he achieved in his career?

Camo's been instrumental in a Scudetto winning Juve, and has won us many important games single handedly. He's even got a World Cup under his belt.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's nothing compared to Camoranesi imo. Granted they are probably on the same level talent wise, but then again Aimar is one of the most talented players in the world, but where is he right now?? injuries, inconsistency, a tendancy to be lazy sometimes makes him inferior to Camo.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
exactly fred ,for me Joaquin's problem is his attitude. for me his onconsistency tems from thinking he is better than he has actually proved so far

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
He's nothing compared to Camoranesi imo. Granted they are probably on the same level talent wise, but then again Aimar is one of the most talented players in the world, but where is he right now?? injuries, inconsistency, a tendancy to be lazy sometimes makes him inferior to Camo.
:agree: true, he used to be one of the best wingers in la liga before moving to valencia but sence then he's form hit its lowest. I think paying 15-20 mil for the guy at the moment is a huuuuuuuuuuuuge gamble something we simply can't take (he's likely to turn out to be another mendieta case).

Plus the guy is not too young he's 27 (marchioni is 28).....

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
exactly fred ,for me Joaquin's problem is his attitude. for me his onconsistency tems from thinking he is better than he has actually proved so far
completely agreed, sometimes arrogance can be good for a player(ala zlatan, c.ronaldo) but in some cases like Joaquin it can lead to a players downfall.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
Sure, he's talented. But you didn't answer my question. What has he achieved in his career?

Camo's been instrumental in a Scudetto winning Juve, and has won us many important games single handedly. He's even got a World Cup under his belt.
yes, true, but christian zaccardo has a world cup under his belt

in terms of achievements he's not won anything notable (2 coppa del reys), but who has he played for? he was at his best at real betis and they arn't exactly juve, and valencia he was very inconsistant. I've seen him tear apart defences like knife through warm butter, he has great pace down the wing, and combined with giovinco on the left flank would give us great width and pace down both flanks. I think many people are forgetting how good this guy was, he was one of the most rated wingers in world football, players don't just go crap. at 27, i think he has a good number of years left in him

The point i'm making, is he is very talented, don't get me wrong, i love camo, he's one of my favourite players, but i do think jaoquin is potentially a formidable player and that he would be a good successor to camoranesi

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
. I think many people are forgetting how good this guy was, he was one of the most rated wingers in world football, players don't just go crap. at 27, i think he has a good number of years left in him
is this another case of the bastian schweinsteiger syndrom, where we hope that a player will regain his form just because he is in another enviroment and plays for juve ?

let's go for players that are necessary

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
is this another case of the bastian schweinsteiger syndrom, where we hope that a player will regain his form just because he is in another enviroment and plays for juve ?

let's go for players that are necessary
mate, is there any player that you actually rate?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)