Joao Felix - AM/SS - Benfica (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
What if thats not an option? If Dybala isnt our future then we need to look for it post Ronaldo right now. Not saying its him but saying we shouldnt worry about it yet is silly and not the way to take the leap to the next level. We have the greatest player in the world but only for 3 more years and hes not getting younger. Kean looks tp be the real deal but with Messi getting older and Ronaldo being on our team and fading soon we should try to take the mantle. Agnelli is ambitious and I think Paratici is as well. I think we might spend somewhere in the region of 100 mil this offseason if the right oppertunity comes. If we sell Dybala and also invest 50 - 100 million we could easily improve our team substantially both in the midfield and for the future

SPOT ON...

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Paratici was givin the reigns so we could prepare to be a top dog in the next 10 years. We bought Ronaldo to bring us the money and publicity not for the goals IMO. The only way you capitalize on Ronaldo is to get players that people will watch for the next decade after hes gone or else the fanboys will run away. Im not so sure we arent in a place to sign a young world talent right now if we actually believe in him. Is it this guy? I have no idea but we have the best young Italians and also some young players at other positions but we need the next global player as well bc Berna is not that nor is Kean. The next 2-3 markets will be very interesting about how we look to progress or stay the same as far as prestige and not just in results.
Essentially why we need to prioritize our attack over our defense. A striker is more glorious than a defender. This has to be underlined. We need the guys who score the goals and create the magic. The defenders has to be a second priority. We will sign a defender this summer. But never will we be competing in a €70m + race for De Ligt and spend such a big part of our budget on a defender. Let's say this was actually football manager. Let's say we had an editor look up Joao Felix: the potential ability is there: 190/200. He IS the next Cr7. How much is a 19 year old, multi balon'dor winner worth?

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Essentially why we need to prioritize our attack over our defense. A striker is more glorious than a defender. This has to be underlined. We need the guys who score the goals and create the magic. The defenders has to be a second priority. We will sign a defender this summer. But never will we be competing in a €70m + race for De Ligt and spend such a big part of our budget on a defender. Let's say this was actually football manager. Let's say we had an editor look up Joao Felix: the potential ability is there: 190/200. He IS the next Cr7. How much is a 19 year old, multi balon'dor winner worth?
There were other young CR7s aswell.. we're not Psg or City, you can't expect us to bash in lots of money on a player if you're not sure he'll do better than some that are on the team already. While attackers are glorious, defenders and somewhat mids are the best option for your money - solid defense costs much less than a solid attack.

But that's also why I'm not a big fan of De Ligt - I'm afraid that for the money Ajax is asking, we could get two solid CBs instead one, easy.
If that's not the case with Felix, then go for him, but improving our defense and mid is much more important than spending a shit ton on a single player.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The Portuguese league is not in the top 4 but given the small country we are I think we fare ok in European Competitions with Giants like Benfica and Porto:

5qvehGI.png

Then you look at the league structure and you see the big clubs, the average clubs and the smaller clubs, just like any other league. The most balanced league might be the English Premier League given the TV rights are shared between the clubs. It's one the things that I wished that happened here to give more competition to smaller teams.

Some of the strong assets of the league is the scouting, where you see a lot of players coming from South America being revealed to Europe there and later sold to other clubs. I'm not talking about proven players, I'm talking about yet to be proven players that later become gems. Scouting is serious business here. A lot of those players that currently at the highest level in Europe came from this league.

We have also some of the best Academy's in the world with Sporting's Academy launching a lot of fantastic players throughout the years and now Benfica's youth Academy Caixa Futebol Campus is one the leading Academy's in the world.

We are also the League that sells more worldwide, in the last years I think more than a billion was made selling players, that is official from UEFA reports.

Also, the National Team is the current European Champion.

Well, all in all, given we are only a 10M people country I think we're quite alright :lol3:
Its not about the size of the country its about the pedigree..
Until he goes to one of the top leagues he will continue to be unproven.
Dont get me wrong - I`d love us to sign him as I do think he is the real deal but 120M for a player outside the top 4 leagues or even 5 leagues (added the French league) is way too much + add the fact he only played a small amount of games.

If we do pay the clause of 120M I wont be angry.. I wouldnt think it is a smart thing to do money wise but I`ll be very happy that we got the player.

Anyway selling Dybala is a must now unless we change the system to suit him better and this is regardless of Joao Felix

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how a 100+ million transfer of a kid who will ride the bench for the first half of the season would be a reasonable strategy considering the fact that we need to fix our obvious weaknesses such as defense and midfield first.

It might happen only if we sell one or two players that will fund such lucrative moves in the transfer market.

Imo, we should only invest 100+ million on players who can carry this team individually like Ronaldo.
1. If we get him it has nothing to do with what we intend to do with the midfield as you could see it as a swap between Dybala and Felix..
2. If we pay such a sum it means we say we believe in him being the next big thing

J.Felix in means Dybala out and honestly - Unless we change something to suit him better it makes no sense keeping Dybala anyway..

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
The only thing this kid has over Dybala is time. That could be crucial - the former will happily be a rotation player for a season and play/train with his idol to hopefully replace him in the future. For Dybala it's a very different moment because he used to be a undisputed starter here that was pushed aside due to being incompatible with CR7 and Mandzukic. Cuadrado's and Costa's injuries didn't help either, hence why he had to drop back even deeper to help with bringing the ball forward.

I wish I could say it's all up to Dybala now but it seems like Allegri doesn't see him as a CF, not even as a SS next to Ronaldo. To make the matters worse, Kean exploded in a very unexpected way, hard to keep the kid on the bench, even for someone as conservative as Allegri.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The only thing this kid has over Dybala is time. That could be crucial - the former will happily be a rotation player for a season and play/train with his idol to hopefully replace him in the future. For Dybala it's a very different moment because he used to be a undisputed starter here that was pushed aside due to being incompatible with CR7 and Mandzukic. Cuadrado's and Costa's injuries didn't help either, hence why he had to drop back even deeper to help with bringing the ball forward.

I wish I could say it's all up to Dybala now but it seems like Allegri doesn't see him as a CF, not even as a SS next to Ronaldo. To make the matters worse, Kean exploded in a very unexpected way, hard to keep the kid on the bench, even for someone as conservative as Allegri.
Dybala will leave I`d say its about 90% sure.
I dont think Dybala is really in competition with Kean and yeah Kean did explode but I think we need to understand he is still a kid and not a WC player.
As for Joao Felix - If we want him that badly it confirms Dybala moving away as I highly doubt we will have both

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
The price seems insane, but if Paratici sees a player with the same abilities and future as Mbappe for example, we should just pay the release clause right away. PSG spend 130m on Mbappe last summer and now he is worth double.

Jan 22, 2016
He is not the fastest player but his acceleration and turns are very fast, and from what i saw in his YouTube videos he is very intelligent on the ball and can make clever passes. His sets of abilities let him to be able to play in 2 or 3 positions .

If there is a slight chance, we have to buy the kid and give our Lab one year to buckle him up like Bernardeschi and we are set for the next big thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)