João Cancelo (17 Viewers)

Mar 9, 2006
Oh man we had this guy , but we let him go :(

One of the dumbest decisions ever , you need Cancelo type of player in champions league , but hey "he can't defend" like our fullbacks can :lol:
The thing is that we have them - Danilo and Cuadrado can support attack as fullbacks and apply pressure to the defensive line, from the left side MDS was very active in the first half Vs VR, then almost disappeared in the second half but the thing is that all season long we don't use our fullbacks as we should have been using them and the reason is Allegri's pussy tactics

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
If he went to Man Utd, he would still be shit. The thing is, City, Pool etc. are motivating clubs to play for, just because like in army, it might feel shit sometimes but because you’re an unit and you feel like not letting your squad members down. Pep and Klopp are demanding same stuff, they’re great at motivating the players and making them feel like they’re part of the big picture.

It’s the daily stuff you do as a club, from facilities, food, group dynamics, coaches, club directors, physios etc. It’s more like believing into it and seeing people around believing into it as well. You definitely don’t want to be the only one slipping around, but once the culture isn’t there and clubs are accepting less than 100%.

If you looked Barca for many years, Man Utd or even us, our players just came to collect the paycheck. Could add multiple big clubs to there and it’s always like that. Cancelo will do great if athmosphere is right, but will collapse if people around him are giving just 50%.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
If he went to Man Utd, he would still be shit. The thing is, City, Pool etc. are motivating clubs to play for, just because like in army, it might feel shit sometimes but because you’re an unit and you feel like not letting your squad members down. Pep and Klopp are demanding same stuff, they’re great at motivating the players and making them feel like they’re part of the big picture.

It’s the daily stuff you do as a club, from facilities, food, group dynamics, coaches, club directors, physios etc. It’s more like believing into it and seeing people around believing into it as well. You definitely don’t want to be the only one slipping around, but once the culture isn’t there and clubs are accepting less than 100%.

If you looked Barca for many years, Man Utd or even us, our players just came to collect the paycheck. Could add multiple big clubs to there and it’s always like that. Cancelo will do great if athmosphere is right, but will collapse if people around him are giving just 50%.
I'm not saying the coach doesn't have to do nothing , Pep/Klopp helps for sure , but saying he would've been shit for Manu that's not true .

For example Chiesa (pre injury) under Klopp on his 4-3-3 would've been joy to watch .

Cancelo did really good here at Juve , but after that Ajax goal (i can't even blame him that much) things changed , he was really good here too , but our stupid management sold him .

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
This guy turn out to be world class , against L'Pool not he gave great assist but the way he attacked , sometimes he looks like he was LW .

Him and Chiesa would've been deadly , but hey Danilo kisses the badge :D

Mar 9, 2006
This guy turn out to be world class , against L'Pool not he gave great assist but the way he attacked , sometimes he looks like he was LW .

Him and Chiesa would've been deadly , but hey Danilo kisses the badge :D
Please stop, it was Ronaldo's and then De Ligt's transfers that forced Juventus to swap Cancelo with Danilo and Spinazzola with Pellegrini, they needed that plusvalenza badly

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Please stop, it was Ronaldo's and then De Ligt's transfers that forced Juventus to swap Cancelo with Danilo and Spinazzola with Pellegrini, they needed that plusvalenza badly
Well at this point i would rather have Cancelo over De Ligt , and i love De Ligt . It's easier to find good CBs , but it's really hard to find great/w.class full back.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Of course, De Ligt is incredibly overrated
Well De Ligt might be overrated , but he is really talented and i really like him , him and Chiesa are my favorites (I won't count Chiellini because he is semi-retired)

But it's way easier to find good CB , but it's super hard to find great full back .

Mar 9, 2006
Well De Ligt might be overrated , but he is really talented and i really like him , him and Chiesa are my favorites (I won't count Chiellini because he is semi-retired)

But it's way easier to find good CB , but it's super hard to find great full back .
Exactly, that's why Agnelli has made a huge mistake back then, imagine saving Spina and Cancelo, selling Can, Khedira, Kean and Mandzukic that summer and then investing all the funds into CM/CDM/LM.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Was it not the Bonucci transfer? 35M when we didnt need a CB? Can getting 16M as a freebie? Stupid wages? Using the Costa option (was it option, i dont remember?). But sure, getting Cancelo for 40M, then making a 60M-37M swap a year later saved the club

Mar 9, 2006
Was it not the Bonucci transfer? 35M when we didnt need a CB? Can getting 16M as a freebie? Stupid wages? Using the Costa option (was it option, i dont remember?). But sure, getting Cancelo for 40M, then making a 60M-37M swap a year later saved the club
Bonucci? We've signed Bonucci back for 35m and sold them Caldara for 37m. As for wages Asamoah, Buffon, Higauin, Benatia, Marchisio, Lichsteiner, Sturaro left Juve that summer, we've saved a lot on wages with their departures

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Bonucci? We've signed Bonucci back for 35m and sold them Caldara for 37m. As for wages Asamoah, Buffon, Higauin, Benatia, Marchisio, Lichsteiner, Sturaro left Juve that summer, we've saved a lot on wages with their departures
Caldara was 35M as well, but who cares? Its not like you had to sell him to Milan alone, and only for Bonucci. We sold Bonucci at the right time but for no reason bought him back, in the same summer De Vrij was available as a freebie. We didnt plusvalenza Alex Sandro at the right time and now hes unsellable. We didnt sell Khedira, Matuidi. We used Pjanic for a useless, expensive Arthur. We loaned higuain. We didnt sell Rugani but loaned many times. We let Asamoah walk for nothing. Many questionable moves that could have generated money over the years. Instead we undersell our young assets to cover plusvalenza

ggnoree

Jul 24, 2009
Even when he was playing for us I couldn't understand why some people didn't like Cancelo. He was like a constant threat for the opponents, when he got the ball moving forward you knew something interesting was about to happen

Oct 17, 2005
Even when he was playing for us I couldn't understand why some people didn't like Cancelo. He was like a constant threat for the opponents, when he got the ball moving forward you knew something interesting was about to happen
Because some fans think that Juve (and especially defenders playing for Juve) must first and foremost be about grinta, physically brutal manly defending... Cancelo is not that kind of "defender" therefore some fans don't like him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)