João Cancelo (6 Viewers)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Those three are more balanced than he is certainly, i think he is better going forward but they are certainly better at the back, contrary to what many believe here, Fullbacks needs to be able to defend too, Cancelo just doesn't have the defensive instinct, as a wingback or a wide midfielder he would be amazing, i dont trust him at all as a Fullback

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Those three are more balanced than he is certainly, i think he is better going forward but they are certainly better at the back, contrary to what many believe here, Fullbacks needs to be able to defend too, Cancelo just doesn't have the defensive instinct, as a wingback or a wide midfielder he would be amazing, i dont trust him at all as a Fullback
Why do you think Cancelo's better than TAA going forward? TAA was on monster form offensively last season, especially end of it. In the crunch matches from April on he played 10 games and provided 10 assists, including 4 in CL knockouts. Season total was 1g16a, while Cancelo had 1g5a. This one below was my favorite:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Also playing for Klopp vs playing for Allegri last season is two different things. TAA is very impressive as an attacker though, his dead ball and cross in particular. Ok defender as well.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Also playing for Klopp vs playing for Allegri last season is two different things. TAA is very impressive as an attacker though, his dead ball and cross in particular. Ok defender as well.
It's not that dissimilar, both Juve and Pool used their wings a lot, probably because midfield isn't capable of providing enough creativity. Sure TAA racked up some of those assists from FK situations, but 16 assists for a fullback is out of this world regardless, even prime Marcelo, playing for Madrid that scored ~150 goals every season, didn't manage to get that.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Klopp is my dream manager! IMO he has the most updated approach to football - his 2 times final in a row isnt a fluke IMO...
Then there are others like Guardiola and Sarri (although Sarri is not on Pep`s level) who both has nice ideas to fit the modern game
Im not talking about who is the best but Im saying their approach is the most modern one which means better fit for today`s football...

- - - Updated - - -

He is tbe best full back in the world going forward. Losing him is the biggest mistake we could ever done.
I dont know if he is the best but he is certainly one of the best
The annoying thing is who I rate as the best RB is Alves who just does wonders with his role - definitely top 5 in his position (all time)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This might be a stretch, but maybe the thought of him being on the transfer market had an adverse effect on him, in that he doesn't want to leave. If Allegri was one of the reasons for his discontent last year, and now a far more offensive minded coach is here, common sense would dictate that he would be happier here.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This might be a stretch, but maybe the thought of him being on the transfer market had an adverse effect on him, in that he doesn't want to leave. If Allegri was one of the reasons for his discontent last year, and now a far more offensive minded coach is here, common sense would dictate that he would be happier here.
He cant defend. When trying to defend he reminds me of this:
source.gif

Jan 22, 2016
Selling him would be as bad as selling Pogba in 2016.
This guy has the most dribbling in the league and his play making abilities are top notch. Personally I wouldn't sell him even for 100m . fullbacks like him are rarity these days.

Forza Cancelo, stay here as a Juventino.

Mar 3, 2014
Selling him would be as bad as selling Pogba in 2016.
This guy has the most dribbling in the league and his play making abilities are top notch. Personally I wouldn't sell him even for 100m . fullbacks like him are rarity these days.

Forza Cancelo, stay here as a Juventino.
He was used continuously to relieve pressure when the spurs were pressing. He also was a constant threat. I don't think selling him is bright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)