João Cancelo (8 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I like him a lot and his lack of defensive skills can be solved. Look at someone like Kimmich or Marcelo, they couldn't defend but learned that over time.

Rumour has it, we're selling him due to FFP. https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/report-juve-and-man-city-agree-fee-for-cancelo-32498

Are we in financial trouble?
i read that we're heading towards an 50m loss this season. last year, it was -19m, and +43m the year before. that wouldn't put us directly in trouble: ffp observes the last 3 years, and the aggregated balance shouldn't be lower than -30m (it's -26m for us with the estimated -50m). but that loss would force the club to achieve a profit of 39m for next season, which is not easy to achieve, especially not in case we'd like to invest in new players.

so yes, we might be in some kind of trouble. club operation is safe, but ffp is a bitch.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
i read that we're heading towards an 50m loss this season. last year, it was -19m, and +43m the year before. that wouldn't put us directly in trouble: ffp observes the last 3 years, and the aggregated balance shouldn't be lower than -30m (it's -26m for us with the estimated -50m). but that loss would force the club to achieve a profit of 39m for next season, which is not easy to achieve, especially not in case we'd like to invest in new players.

so yes, we might be in some kind of trouble. club operation is safe, but ffp is a bitch.
Wait. Wasn't Ronaldo going to make us money instead of costing us?

:oops:

Seriously though, a loss of only 50m doesn't sound too bad all things considered.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

If the information you posted is accurate then that could definitely explain our interest in Sarri for example, someone everyone expects to come with way lesser demands in terms of salary/transfers comparing with some of the other names we’ve been linked to, and why not, guess he would even be very happy to continue with the squad just as it is, without any major investments. (which i sure don’t agree with, but who cares anyway, right...)

So now, aswell in terms of mercatto, if the above info is accurate then we definitely shoudn’t be expecting any major buys without major sales to balance it out.

All of this ofc only if the club genuinly applies to the FFP limitations listed above.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
@Alin I think you nailed it.
One tuzzer said that we already sold players for about 50 mil and we should get help from the improved Adidas sponsorship. So it seems that we sell
Cancelo - new RB + Romero and demiral
We can then acquire mf(sms) or CB(de ligt) with our transfer budget (70-80 mil.) without selling anybody.
Pogba equals player or players sold.
Chiesa besides anyone equals player or players sold. He can also be bought with our transfer budget without cb or mf.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

Makes even more sense to go for Hysaj at €25-30m and sell Cancelo to City for €55-60m. That's a ~30m profit and a insignificant change

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
They bought them in january, amico.
From the official website
AYER EMIL AUDERO
Turin, 26 February 2019 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that, following the achievement of the conditions provided by the contract, the obligation for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Emil Audero Mulyadi by U.C. Sampdoria S.p.A. became due for a consideration of € 20 million, to be paid in the next four financial years.

You could be right.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I'm not sure. Maybe better attacking potential (although Semedo is pretty good offensively too) but the latter is also better rounded defensively and doesn't make as many mistakes at the back as Cancelo.
Maybe, I don't like him, though. I am not sure the Cancelo stories are real. We don't even have a coach, yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)