João Cancelo (5 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I dont get this, I really like his technical qualities, useful to have.

Hope we are selling only because we want to sacrifice him budget wise for a big signing in midfield. If that's the case hope they already earmarked a quality technical RB who comes in bargain range.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I dont get this, I really like his technical qualities, useful to have.

Hope we are selling only because we want to sacrifice him budget wise for a big signing in midfield. If that's the case hope they already earmarked a quality technical RB who comes in bargain range.
it must be his personality. guy performs on the pitch but inter didnt want to keep valencia didnt want to keep and now we dont want to keep

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Mods on VS claimed one of them personally overheard Allegri in a restaurant complain that Paratici doesn't like Cancelo (only bought him because he was a ticket to Mendes who brought us Ronaldo) and wants to sell him but fans insult him when he plays MDS in his place. Didn't believe it at the time, but now wouldn't be shocked if true

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Inter couldn't afford to keep due to FFP, Valencia played more defensive RB and wanted to sell him for profit, he was too good to keep too since he wanted bigger club.

I'm gonna talk about personality problems only if we find tangible reports about it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Inter couldn't afford to keep due to FFP, Valencia played more defensive RB and wanted to sell him for profit, he was too good to keep too since he wanted bigger club.

I'm gonna talk about personality problems only if we find tangible reports about it.
cancelo can play up and down the right flank potentially even left flank. i find it hard to imagine valencia were unable to find a role for him

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If Pep wants him, he should come and train him!
It's highly unlikely that we will find a good replacement with that amount...

Last edited:

Barese

May 9, 2019
it must be his personality. guy performs on the pitch but inter didnt want to keep valencia didnt want to keep and now we dont want to keep
Inter wanted but didnt had the money. They wanted to keep Rafinha aswell but couldnt for the same reason.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Mods on VS claimed one of them personally overheard Allegri in a restaurant complain that Paratici doesn't like Cancelo (only bought him because he was a ticket to Mendes who brought us Ronaldo) and wants to sell him but fans insult him when he plays MDS in his place. Didn't believe it at the time, but now wouldn't be shocked if true
But wasn't Paratici quoted as saying Ronaldos name was first brought up by Mendes while we were negotiating for Cancelo.

That means we were all in for Cancelo and we weren't just using him to get to Ronaldo.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Valencia's condition was even worse. Inter could not spend, but Valencia needed to raise close to 40m to stay within FFP rules.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
But wasn't Paratici quoted as saying Ronaldos name was first brought up by Mendes while we were negotiating for Cancelo.

That means we were all in for Cancelo and we weren't just using him to get to Ronaldo.
He said it became concrete then, but he also said Mendes mentioned it a few times before too and Paratici laughed it off because he couldn't believe it. Anyway, probably isn't true, but if it is Paratici is not going to say 'yeah we bought him just to sign Ronaldo'.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
cancelo can play up and down the right flank potentially even left flank. i find it hard to imagine valencia were unable to find a role for him
They played him as right winger too besides RB. Cancelo wanted to move on.

There is an extra dimension to it that you are missing. Cancelo is Jorge Mendes player, who basically half runs clubs like Valencia because he helped their owner Lim buy the club. The club they bought Cancelo from was Benfica, another Jorge Mendes club. These clubs are used as window shopping venues for better talents like Cancelo.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Valencia's condition was even worse. Inter could not spend, but Valencia needed to raise close to 40m to stay within FFP rules.
Yep. They refused Barcas big bid for Rodrigo and rather sold Cancelo and Andre Gomes since they are much more replaceable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)