João Cancelo (27 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
meh i am ok with this.

i think many of us idealized Cancelo after his excellent start but he was shitty for the second half of the season, could barely defend ever and is rumored to be hugely unprofessional both at inter and here.

he is certainly not ideal for sarriball either.

The best argument for keeping him is the lack of quality fullbacks.
agreed. i also think we over hyped him because he looked good attacking after we were forced to suffer MDS as a RB in 2017-2018. so someone who was good on ball was breath of fresh air.

regarding the unprofessional part, i agree. note that city will be his forth club in last 4 years. thats never a good sign for your personality or your football ability. even regular non sports employer would question your resume if you moved jobs 4 times in 4 years

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
agreed. i also think we over hyped him because he looked good attacking after we were forced to suffer MDS as a RB in 2017-2018. so someone who was good on ball was breath of fresh air.

regarding the unprofessional part, i agree. note that city will be his forth club in last 4 years. thats never a good sign for your personality or your football ability. even regular non sports employer would question your resume if you moved jobs 4 times in 4 years
:agree: agreed. i also think we over hyped him because he looked good attacking after we were forced to suffer MDS as a RB in 2017-2018. so someone who was good on ball was breath of fresh air.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:agree: agreed. i also think we over hyped him because he looked good attacking after we were forced to suffer MDS as a RB in 2017-2018. so someone who was good on ball was breath of fresh air.

i diasgree

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I wouldn't have minded the sale if it meant we could invest it in someone who has the credentials or the potential to become a solid starter. Pellegrini to Spinazzola was acceptable, because we got financial gain and a much younger and exciting prospect who could give Sandro a run for his money, despite us losing a more proven player. Now we traded Cancelo for an older player who has been jumping from bench to bench and showing nothing for several years. I'd much rather invested in someone like Lirola who was available for cheap, was our own youth player and offered offensively very similar properties as Cancelo. Shame we are ridding the squad of our own youth and replacing them with heavy paid foreign mercs: this policy has destroyed the likes of Milan and United and we could be heading to a similar route if we keep it going.

So far we have only weakened our full-back positions which is a position that is hard to improve.

Let's just hope Danilo regains his Porto levels and him and Sandro become key figures in the team going forwards.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I’m looking forward to seeing the financials when this deal comes out later. Similar to the Kean deal we’re all thinking it’s €30m but I’m sure Paratici has bent over again and it’ll be closer to €20m

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He's a fantastic attacking fullback. Defensively he's awful.
If our team can generate chances from midfield this year, he won't be a big loss. If we keep relying on crosses and wing play, he will.
:agree: This is why I was hoping for at least one more midfield acquisition before the close of the window but it doesn't look likely to happen.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Sad to see him go.

He was sensational in the first half of last season and very good for Inter. I think we are losing potentially the best RB in football and not replacing him. I'm confident he would have been back on form playing next to De Ligt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)