João Cancelo (19 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Funny how worried people are about his defensive play but most of this forum wanted Marcelo when rumors came up?

At least Cancelo, from what i've seen, does hustle back to make a back four line and defend. If there is a counter attack against Real then Marcelo may as well be out in the parking lot getting a falafel.

I for one think Cancelo has been really impressive so far. The way he burns an opposing press with ease is so sexy. Exactly the sort of thing we need in a fullback after least season. In him and Sandro we have top fullbacks, players who can hustle and play some technical football rather than just being defensively disciplined.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Funny how worried people are about his defensive play but most of this forum wanted Marcelo when rumors came up?

At least Cancelo, from what i've seen, does hustle back to make a back four line and defend. If there is a counter attack against Real then Marcelo may as well be out in the parking lot getting a falafel.

I for one think Cancelo has been really impressive so far. The way he burns an opposing press with ease is so sexy. Exactly the sort of thing we need in a fullback after least season. In him and Sandro we have top fullbacks, players who can hustle and play some technical football rather than just being defensively disciplined.
Yeah, Cancelo > Marcelo

Dafuq kinda badass dybala level post is it, snap out of it.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Its too early for me to judge this player but my gut feel is he is better going forward than defending at least for now. I think he would be better as a wing back.

The more I think about it the more I think our squad is best suited to using wing backs like Cancelo, Sandro, Cuadrado and Costa and have Dybala/Mandzu and Ronaldo up front.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
Besides his stupid penalty call, he did really impress. Ran across the field like a maniac and dribbled past the defenders like krasic in his best days

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Besides his stupid penalty call, he did really impress. Ran across the field like a maniac and dribbled past the defenders like krasic in his best days
It’s funny, as whenever I think of poor Krasic, all I think of was Conte’s rant at him and his (Krasic) face afterwards. :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Max is already working on it people

"Joao Cancelo is very good at attacking space down the wings, but he's young and still has room to develop his game, especially in the defensive phase."

- - - Updated - - -

Allegri also discussed the status of his two starting wingbacks:”Compared to last season Alex Sandro is another player. But he must demand more from himself. Cancelo is a full back in every regard. He can also play as a midfielder, but he needs to work on the defensive phase, but it’s something easy to do: he’s young”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)