João Cancelo - RB - Valencia CF (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Didn't you want Martial?
Given the wealth of talent France have it's no surprise he didn't make the squad especially as he was a bench warmer most of last season, that's not to say I don't want martial, at the right price i'd take him. Cancelo on the other hand started most matches but in terms of full backs for the NT who does cancelo have to compete with? Pereira and Soares? you'd think if he really was that good he'd at least get ahead of soares

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Given the wealth of talent France have it's no surprise he didn't make the squad especially as he was a bench warmer most of last season, that's not to say I don't want martial, at the right price i'd take him. Cancelo on the other hand started most matches but in terms of full backs for the NT who does cancelo have to compete with? Pereira and Soares? you'd think if he really was that good he'd at least get ahead of soares
Well, even France have freaking Olivier Giroud in front of Martial. Selections mean little as Martial obviously has much more talent.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Well, even France have freaking Olivier Giroud in front of Martial. Selections mean little as Martial obviously has much more talent.
But look at it this way, Giroud is literally France' only natural centre forward outside of benzema and Griezmann. Benzema doesn't get picked any more, Martial is a different type of forward and in theory would be competing against the likes of Coman and Dembele for a spot out wide.

Besides Giroud is a bit underrated if you ask me, he just seems to deliver when it matters

- - - Updated - - -

...despite joao mario's warning :D
what he should have said it "dont join inter"

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
But look at it this way, Giroud is literally France' only natural centre forward outside of benzema and Griezmann. Benzema doesn't get picked any more, Martial is a different type of forward and in theory would be competing against the likes of Coman and Dembele for a spot out wide.

Besides Giroud is a bit underrated if you ask me, he just seems to deliver when it matters

- - - Updated - - -

what he should have said it "dont join inter"
I see, it's a bit like Soares is not really competition for Cancelo because he is the only really defensive minded fullback...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I see, it's a bit like Soares is not really competition for Cancelo because he is the only really defensive minded fullback...
I don't think soares is all that bad going forward. Perhaps not as good as cancelo in advanced roles but for 40 mill on a full back you'd like to think you've bought near enough a complete player and not one that still needs a lot of work on

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I don't think soares is all that bad going forward. Perhaps not as good as cancelo in advanced roles but for 40 mill on a full back you'd like to think you've bought near enough a complete player and not one that still needs a lot of work on
We will never pay 40 mil for him. And you know that, Badass. We're too careful for that...

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Beppe: "We are interested in Cancelo but there is no negotiation to sign him.”
But how else would he sign him if he doesnt negotiate? I am also interested in changing my job, but I dont look for another and dont go to interviews. I dont think that me and Beppe have good chances to make our interests a reality this way..

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

4:10 on Cancelo.

"Cancelo é un ottimo giocatore. Nella fattispecie, noi siamo alla ricerca di un profilo del genere però in questo momento non c’è nessuna trattativa intensa in corso....e quindi non posso che dire che sia un giocatore interessante."

-----------------------

Media skipped it out but he said "no intense negotiation", rubbishing the idea that it is down to details or we are pushing hard, just that he was of interest. Better to do that than look like all your eggs are in one basket, in terms of negotiation strategy.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Leaving for Italy?

Doing some business with Beppe. :alen:

- - - Updated - - -

Héctor Gómez @Generaldepie_
Longoria y Alemany destino Italia. Cancelo y Zaza.

This guy saying, they are going to Italy for Cancelo and Zaza businesses.

- - - Updated - - -

So, @Mark: Cancello e' fatta tonight?

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Doing some business with Beppe. :alen:

- - - Updated - - -

Héctor Gómez @Generaldepie_
Longoria y Alemany destino Italia. Cancelo y Zaza.

This guy saying, they are going to Italy for Cancelo and Zaza businesses.

- - - Updated - - -

So, @Mark: Cancello e' fatta tonight?
vediamo

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Alemany and Longoria (Valencia representatives) have landed in Milan - Expected to meet with Juventus this evening to discuss Cancelo. [Romeo Agresti]

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juventus meet for Cancelo
By Football Italia staff

Representatives from Valencia are reportedly in Italy to meet Juventus and discuss Joao Cancelo, while Simone Zaza could return to Sassuolo.

Cancelo spent this season on loan at Inter, but the Nerazzurri can’t pay his buyout clause due to Financial Fair Play restrictions.

The Bianconeri are therefore looking to do a deal, with general manager Giuseppe Marotta confirming yesterday that they consider him a “top player”.

The director insisted that there were no negotiations underway, but today Sky Italia is reporting that Valencia are in Italy and will meet with Juve.

In addition, representatives for the Spanish club could meet Sassuolo to discuss a shock return for Simone Zaza.

The Italian international left the Neroverdi in 2015 to return to Juventus, before an unhappy spell at West Ham United.

Despite 13 Liga goals this season, it’s thought Los Che would be willing to sell Zaza and Sassuolo would be delighted to welcome him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)