January Transfer Market (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We started the season brilliantly setting a new CL record, winning five straight in Europe, tabulating the most points in the group stage, and taking Milan by surprise in the Serie A as our search for Scudetto number 28 took off at a blistering pace. With the careers of Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro being revived we boasted the best defence in the world. Gigi Buffon was once again (and still is mind you) showing why he's the best at what he does and Emerson has been that solid holding midfielder with good passing ability we've been needing since the exit of Edgar Davids. Under Capello Mauro German Camoranesi has reached heights he only previously established in his first couple of months at the club, and the tactician's ability to get the best out of young upcoming starlets has once again come to the fore with Manuele Blasi, Ruben Olivera and Olivier Kapo. Del Piero has shown improvements here and there and is the club's topscorer, something that few thought could be possible given the Italian's struggles from the previous season. There's no need to go into full detail when it comes to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, just look at what he does on the pitch while Marcelo Zalayeta has been a pleasant surprise. The squad has coped with David Trezeguet's lay-off well with the available forward players getting on the scoresheet with frequency but the side's form has dipped in recent weeks and last night's performance against Milan is certainly a message to the players and management that we've got to bring more to the table if we're to have success in Europe this season. Does the return of Trezeguet solve the attacking problems? In DT we have a certified goalscorer and a top finisher and though he will definitely be useful, isn't spark, creativity and a good distributor of the ball, someone that can control the tempo of a game, what we really lack? The back four has continued to hold up well and our defensive record is phenomenal, but unless Camoranesi, Nedved, Del Piero or Ibrahimovic put in an inspirational performance we never look likely to score. The build-up play is pointless, and the passing from most players is mediocre if not poor. The game plan seems to be hoof the ball forward to Zlatan because he'll be able to use his physical attributes to win it and hope he can make something happen. So, given all of the above, do you think that Juventus FC need to open their cheque books and go into the January transfer market to bring in some fresh blood or are we fine as we are? If you do think we should buy, who do you suggest we target? Talk about speculations concerning the upcoming transfer market here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I think we will offload some older players, or maybe in the summer btw. And get a new central defender. A young talent. I hope we get Maresca back in january. And maybe another striker. Zalayeta + small amount of cash for Nonda. And Legrottaglie + small amount of cash for Chivu or Roma ;)

Maybe get Jankulovski too, it all depends on Moggi, but I doubt we'll get him. And in the summer we buy Cassano :D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
- Alexander Hleb of Stuttgart. (12m €)

- Giorgio Chiellini of Fiorentina.(return from loan)

- Shabani Nonda of Monaco. (free)

- Marco Cassetti of Lecce. (6m €)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
if only we could bring a world class AM.
what about exchanging Aimar with delpiero + some cash.that would be wonderfull ;)
BTW nice post STU :thumb:

Sep 14, 2003
I'm convinced we won't sign anyone. We had more reason to last year and bought no one.

The only exception would be buying a player soon to be out of contract and getting them for a cut price.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

VFB wouldnt sell their star player for such pittance.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++

VFB wouldnt sell their star player for such pittance.
We bought Zlatan for 16m. I think Hleb is worth a bit less and you don't hear him linked with ManU, Real or Chelsea YET.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

Nonda would be free, but only in June ;)

Aug 26, 2003
it is sure we lack creativity in the team!

our style changed with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, I admire him, he is great, but IMO it is shameful for a world club (so called sometimes this season the best in the world) to most of the time play long balls, with hoping that Zlatan will do some magic!

Our last great creative midlefielder was Zidane, we maybe played beautiful with him, but we were more succesful with Nedved!

IMO this team is only creative if Nedved or Del Piero can regain their real form, Nedved is no playmaker but on form he can play great passes and win a game!
but with our new style we exclude our only creative players!

If we buy or not is only dependend of Capello, if he thinks the teams is strong enough and with this style we can win the CL we won't buy, if he thinks the team lacks something we will buy!

May 4, 2004
Hmm Nice post ...

Yes imo we need 1 or 2 players in January...

If i was Capello i would force Moggi to buy a player like Aimar (whos hasent really been playing for Valencia this term, wich makes him cheeper then last year) ...

And ill get a New Forward/Striker... and NOT a player like nonda.. but a player like ¤ Cassano, Torres or Gilardino ... !
Moggi got to have some cash somewhere, we really need it..!

and then we'll look like this..

------------gigi
zebina-thuram-canna-zambro
----------emerson
camo--------------neddy
-----------Aimar
-----zlatan----¤¤¤¤¤

Looks nice..!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    Personally I'd sacrifice a defensive midfielder for a more creative player like Maresca or Rosicky if we have the cash.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    We need maresca back. The midfield only has a defensive feel to it, barring the presence of Nedved nobody really has that capability to create goal mouth chances. Not even Emerson.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)