Jankulovski signed??? (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

Fiore or Rosicky? Let's see, one is older and not really a playmaker, and the other has been injured and his club can't even find a buyer for him...

Meanwhile, Sneijder and Van der Vaart are both young internationals with european experience and have suitors all of europe. Do you see Manchester United, Barcelona, and Milan trying to sign Rosicky or Fiore? Sorry, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense to me.
Actually, Barcelona were rumoured to be after Rosicky before they got Ronaldinho. Add that to the fact that Chelsea came close to signing him in the winter, I'd venture to say that there are some pretty good squads after him...

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Master Kush ] ++
Actually, Barcelona were rumoured to be after Rosicky before they got Ronaldinho. Add that to the fact that Chelsea came close to signing him in the winter, I'd venture to say that there are some pretty good squads after him...
That was last season, nowadays there aren't many good squads after him...Bayern said that they wouldn't buy him for any amount of money.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Fiore or Rosicky? Let's see, one is older and not really a playmaker, and the other has been injured and his club can't even find a buyer for him...

Meanwhile, Sneijder and Van der Vaart are both young internationals with european experience and have suitors all of europe. Do you see Manchester United, Barcelona, and Milan trying to sign Rosicky or Fiore? Sorry, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense to me.
Fiore and Rosicky are just as much internationals as Sneijder and Van der Vaart.
+ I already stated, when getting Fiore he shouldn't be the main playmaker. I also want Fiore because he's proven in the serie A and would be a less risky choise. Fiore and Rosicky have more European experience than Van der Vaart and especially more than Sneijder.
VDV is just as injury prone if not more prone to injury then Rosicky, probably because of his lacklustre lifestyle(he's also overweighted).
Fiore is my main choise, i think it's an advantage Barca etc. not going after Fiore. Makes him cheaper for Juve.
Then again, noone's interested in Rosicky anymore because of his high price tag and want to wait to see how he perfroms in euro2004.

About Sneijder, i think he has a lot of maturing/growing to do.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
fiore's age worries me though. we buy him and he plays good for 2 or so seasons and thats it. Rosicky wont be as expensive as VDV, but in the end, one of VDV, Rosicky or Diego will be worth the price tag as they will be at the club for at least 4 to 5 seasons unlike fiore.

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Fiore and Rosicky are just as much internationals as Sneijder and Van der Vaart.
+ I already stated, when getting Fiore he shouldn't be the main playmaker. I also want Fiore because he's proven in the serie A and would be a less risky choise. Fiore and Rosicky have more European experience than Van der Vaart and especially more than Sneijder.
VDV is just as injury prone if not more prone to injury then Rosicky, probably because of his lacklustre lifestyle(he's also overweighted).
Fiore is my main choise, i think it's an advantage Barca etc. not going after Fiore. Makes him cheaper for Juve.
Then again, noone's interested in Rosicky anymore because of his high price tag and want to wait to see how he perfroms in euro2004.

:thumb:

I have always said that Fiore is the best

Sep 28, 2002

you talk crap

Jul 12, 2002

1. VDV is not overweight. Have you seen him?
2. If we're talking about buying playmakers, then why buy a guy who can't be "the main playmaker?"
3. All of them have maturing to do with the exception of Fiore.
4. Why buy a player off a terrible year when his confidence is low and he has not played a lot? If we could purchase players like VDV or Sneijder who are on the up, having won the league title and forced their way into the Dutch NT with such outstanding results...

Jul 28, 2002
:DWarning: multitude of VDV fans, do not insult otherwise face death penalty.

Seriosly tho, vdv is class, but rosicky was and is still class. if we get fiore/pizzaro/jank and we miss out on vdv, i will be pissed.
Same for if we missed rosicky.

but if we get rosicky and miss out on vdv, then i would be slightly pissed.

VDV would be class, but i cant see him turning down barcaif they come, or man u.

Diego is the man :D:D (or D'ale :D:D:D)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
:DWarning: multitude of VDV fans, do not insult otherwise face death penalty.

Seriosly tho, vdv is class, but rosicky was and is still class. if we get fiore/pizzaro/jank and we miss out on vdv, i will be pissed.
Same for if we missed rosicky.

but if we get rosicky and miss out on vdv, then i would be slightly pissed.

VDV would be class, but i cant see him turning down barcaif they come, or man u.

Diego is the man :D:D (or D'ale :D:D:D)
The sad part is that we may end up without any of those great players.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

1. VDV is not overweight. Have you seen him?
2. If we're talking about buying playmakers, then why buy a guy who can't be "the main playmaker?"
3. All of them have maturing to do with the exception of Fiore.
4. Why buy a player off a terrible year when his confidence is low and he has not played a lot? If we could purchase players like VDV or Sneijder who are on the up, having won the league title and forced their way into the Dutch NT with such outstanding results...
1. I see VDV almost everyday, I AM Dutch you know..... Do you see him?
Even Koeman stated that VDV should lose weight.
2. also want Fiore because he's proven in the serie A and would be a less risky choise. Fiore has more European experience than Van der Vaart and especially more than Sneijder. He can be a leader.
+ I just like him ;).
3. Another reason why I prefer Fiore to the others.
I'm getting less keen on Rosicky with the day.
4. VDV hasn't had a great year, and has been injured too. Note, Van Basten & Van Gaal said they should mature at Ajax further so they'll be ready. So no reason to attack me over this.

Jul 12, 2002
1. I see VDV almost everyday, I AM Dutch you know..... Do you see him?
Even Koeman stated that VDV should lose weight.
2. also want Fiore because he's proven in the serie A and would be a less risky choise. Fiore has more European experience than Van der Vaart and especially more than Sneijder. He can be a leader.
+ I just like him ;).
3. Another reason why I prefer Fiore to the others.
I'm getting less keen on Rosicky with the day.
4. VDV hasn't had a great year, and has been injured too. Note, Van Basten & Van Gaal said they should mature at Ajax further so they'll be ready. So no reason to attack me over this.
1. Congratulations, I'm a Dutch citizen too, and I watch a fair number of Ajax games. And yeah, he's coming off an injury, but I thought you were saying that he's a pudgy player in general...
2. Yeah, Fiore is a fine player, and his Serie A experience is obviously useful. However, to state that he is a superior player to VDV is wrong, IMO.
3. He's been injured, but he's still captained his team to the domestic title, and you'll all say that it's just the Dutch league, but it's still no easy thing to do.

Fiore is more proven and has more experience, but he's older and not as good. Furthermore, Fiore plays right wing, or right attacking midfield, positions which we have filled. Sneijder, playing in the centre would be very useful, as would Van der Vaart who can play anywhere from leftwing to playmaker to forward.

Jul 28, 2002
less of the fiore talk please, the only way i would be happy is if we get him on the serious cheap.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
Fiore is a good, solid option.
Balance is key between age and current ability.
We could take chances on youngsters, who may play very well initially, or could take a season or two to improve, but once (if) they do, then we have them for a long time.
On the other hand, a tried-and-tested man like Fiore would serve us well, but for a short period of time.
The worry is that it could land us in difficulty like we are in now; if Moggi does not recognise that players are past their peak and going downhill again, then we would have come full circle :(

I personally do not think that Moggi is completely senile yet, so I trust him to get the correct balance for next season :)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
less of the fiore talk please, the only way i would be happy is if we get him on the serious cheap.
Nah, I'm sure that Moggi will overpay, and Fiore will probably underperform. I'm predicting another Di Vaio.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

1. Congratulations, I'm a Dutch citizen too, and I watch a fair number of Ajax games. And yeah, he's coming off an injury, but I thought you were saying that he's a pudgy player in general...
2. Yeah, Fiore is a fine player, and his Serie A experience is obviously useful. However, to state that he is a superior player to VDV is wrong, IMO.
3. He's been injured, but he's still captained his team to the domestic title, and you'll all say that it's just the Dutch league, but it's still no easy thing to do.

Fiore is more proven and has more experience, but he's older and not as good. Furthermore, Fiore plays right wing, or right attacking midfield, positions which we have filled. Sneijder, playing in the centre would be very useful, as would Van der Vaart who can play anywhere from leftwing to playmaker to forward.
1. :groan: thanks.. No VDV isn't a 'pudgy' player. That was a minsunderstanding.
2. Fiore is one several aspects of the game superiour to VDV, although VDV is in just as many aspects superiour to Fiore. Depends on what you're lookin for.
3. Yes, we don't ahve to argue about VDV's skills. He would never come here though. He'll stay with Ajax one year longer, and then leave for Spain. Probably.

I thought you yourself said we were lacking on the right wing. As Zambo will be leftback, and you critisize Camo heavily. So Fiore would be good. Anyway, I beleive that Fiore would be a better buy than VDV of Nedved woul stay. I think Fiore will complement Nedved well. If Nedved leaves, VDV might be a better buy. We'll never get him though.
Sneijder would be usefull, maybe... He needs to mature at Ajax imo. + No offence, but I think he's SLIGHTLY overrated. He has a lot of potential, but he's being overhyped.

Aug 1, 2003
I'm not keen on Jankulovski.

Oops, said that already :D

regarding Fiore, yes to me he has showed his worth but he just doesn't convince me. Somehow kinda like a hot-and-cold player [I stole that line, it was meant for Camoranesi :D ]

Well I admit I overhype Sneijder but that's because I just like him too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)