Jacques Faty (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It seems that we have signed him for free and he will join us in summer:

Ancora un colpo di mercato per la Juventus, concluso l'accordo col difensore ventiduenne del Rennes Faty.
Il giocatore arrivera' a Luglio.
Queste le sue prime dichiarazioni rilsciate al Corriere dello Sport: "Sono pronto. Thuram il mio idolo"
Is this confirmed yet? Any news?

Im hugely sceptical about this one...he could very easily fall flat on his face when he comes to juve. But as he has the potential factor he should be given the benefit of the doubt until he shows what he really is like.

Still need a strong CB, but alas i doubt it with Kovac, Grygera , Boum and possibly faty, im sure DD will see this as sufficient.
I think we will buy Barzagli or smth like Samuel too,
DD might favor young French players but our managers arent that fool (i hope)

OP
A͎u͎s͎h͎
Jul 15, 2006
  • Thread Starter #203
    Rennes stopper Jacques Faty looks set to snub a move to Juventus after backtracking on his latest comments.

The 22-year-old defender is contracted to the Ligue 1 side until June 2007 and had recently declared that he was set to move to Turin in June.

“I have decided to take into consideration Rennes’ offer of a renewal – that is my first choice,” explained the player.

“I spoke with the management and I am now waiting to meet with the Coach. I would like to play more and be offered an interesting deal.

“I am fond of this club even if we are going through a difficult period. In any case, I will not leave in January,” concluded the Frenchman.

What an assjock.. No wonder the Rennes fan's hate him....

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Faty eyes Roma switch Monday 12 March, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rennes stopper Jacques Faty has admitted that he would be glad to join his brother Ricardo at Roma.

The defender is contracted to the Ligue 1 side until June 2007 and could move on a free transfer at the end of the season, as Coach Pierre Dreossi has not granted him much playing time so far.

“Roma is not an impossible destination, their assistant Coach has asked my brother Ricardo about me,” said the player.

“I admit it would be a nice challenge,” continued the Frenchman.

“I don’t know if Philippe Mexes will stay next season, but a third defender’s role behind Cristian Chivu and Mexes would suit me fine,” concluded Faty.

The former France Under-21 international was close to joining Juventus in January before making a last-minute U-turn, deciding to wait until the end of the season before leaving.

The 23-year-old has received an offer to extend his contract at Rennes, although it seems unlikely that he will accept.

Jul 28, 2002
    As would barzagli and Ribery. It all depend on what you want and how you are willing to get it. Im sure moggi could do such a deal.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    As would barzagli and Ribery. It all depend on what you want and how you are willing to get it. Im sure moggi could do such a deal.
    I think we will take advantage for having many players that are loaned and partially owned by other clubs to include them in the deals for bringing new, quality players in the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)