J Stadium/Allianz (7 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
It'll be fear of violence that they mean by 'safety fears', I assume.

People who cite bad weather as a reason not to go sound the sort of people who will always find a reason not to go, no matter what the clubs do.

I also wouldn't be paying too much attention to a survey of only 1,000 that is claiming to represent however many millions of football fans there are in Italy.
true... about the 1,000 people..

but i can imagine weather being a good reason for people not to attend a football match... just look at the match from fiorentina a couple weeks ago...

Imagine the serie A with 18 good stadiums :p and half of them with a roof... that would solve multiple problems

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Lack of world class stadiums is probably the biggest issue in Serie A at the moment IMO

As you said, if each team owned and operated their own grounds, there could be multiple benefits for clubs and the league itself - increased revenue for clubs from ticket sales (and merchandise) as all the money would go to the club and not to municipal councils, more people attending games; due to more modern facilities and better security in and outside the ground, and the games would look a lot better on TV, so it would probably attract more overseas viewers and also increase the amount of money the league gets in TV rights deals.

Too bad we won't see any of these changes for years. Red tape and bureaucracy are kings in Italy. The staus quo will remain for many years to come.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Lack of world class stadiums, is probably the biggest issue facing Serie A at the moment. As you said, if each team owned and operated their own grounds, there could be multiple benefits for clubs and the league itself - increased revenue from ticketing and merchandising as all the money would go to the club, more people attending games (due to comfort and better security), and it would look a lot better on TV, so would probably attract more overseas viewers.
exactly! My school is 5 minutes away from the amsterdam ArenA... everytime i look at the stadium i think to myself, why on earth arent there more stadiums like that? Loads of stadiums in italy have a runnertrack arround the field so they can use the stadium for multiple reasons, but having a roof would do the same trick... (concerts and such)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
It'll be fear of violence that they mean by 'safety fears', I assume.

People who cite bad weather as a reason not to go sound the sort of people who will always find a reason not to go, no matter what the clubs do.

I also wouldn't be paying too much attention to a survey of only 1,000 that is claiming to represent however many millions of football fans there are in Italy.
Surveys, if done correctly (random sample taken from a well defined population) can correspond to the population very accurately, even when the sample is just 600 people. The statistical error can get extremely low. The margin of error when the sample is 1000 is just 3%.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Surveys, if done correctly (random sample taken from a well defined population) can correspond to the population very accurately, even when the sample is just 600 people. The statistical error can get extremely low. The margin of error when the sample is 1000 is just 3%.
You're 100% right.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Since the Euro came in Prices in Italy have gone very high, and the working class person have not had there wages inflated compared to the rising costs. Italy use to be a cheap country now it has probably doubled in price since the Euro. The ticket prices are high many people would not be able to afford a season ticket, Then you can add onto that the poor stadiums and poor visibility from the stadium. Juve have addressed this, I still think prices may be a bit high for tickets though. In Germany i think a season ticket averages at 10 euros a game, I wouild guess it would be more expensive in Italy than that.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Since the Euro came in Prices in Italy have gone very high, and the working class person have not had there wages inflated compared to the rising costs. Italy use to be a cheap country now it has probably doubled in price since the Euro. The ticket prices are high many people would not be able to afford a season ticket, Then you can add onto that the poor stadiums and poor visibility from the stadium. Juve have addressed this, I still think prices may be a bit high for tickets though. In Germany i think a season ticket averages at 10 euros a game, I wouild guess it would be more expensive in Italy than that.
EU was founded to give countries more stability. Originally supposed to eliminate exchange rate speculations, improve capital mobility, less transaction costs along with unique monetary policy and harmonized fiscal one. But in the end countries are losing their identity and flexibility to overcome obstacles they would prior be able to. It was nice idea but in Europe where is so much tradition it's simply difficult to achieve. Italian problem can not be that much attributed to Euro. There are some deeper structural deficiencies such as bureaucracy and corruption which are burden for their development. Very hard times are in front of them. Judging by huge deposit withdrawals from their banks it's just a matter of time before they reach Greece or Cyprus scenario. It will be difficult for Juventus as well as countries tend to put an extra tax burden in those times. And of course attending football matches are not people's priority.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
EU was founded to give countries more stability. Originally supposed to eliminate exchange rate speculations, improve capital mobility, less transaction costs along with unique monetary policy and harmonized fiscal one. But in the end countries are losing their identity and flexibility to overcome obstacles they would prior be able to. It was nice idea but in Europe where is so much tradition it's simply difficult to achieve. Italian problem can not be that much attributed to Euro. There are some deeper structural deficiencies such as bureaucracy and corruption which are burden for their development. Very hard times are in front of them. Judging by huge deposit withdrawals from their banks it's just a matter of time before they reach Greece or Cyprus scenario. It will be difficult for Juventus as well as countries tend to put an extra tax burden in those times. And of course attending football matches are not people's priority.
The whole model of EU is wrong

Jul 1, 2010
This sparked my interest. Would you care to explain in what way?
A bunch of unelected bureaucrats (mostly the European commission) in Brussels running the whole thing while trampling on the democracies of the nation-states (like in Greece, in Italy with Monti).They are attempting to create a federal Europe whatever the social cost, they don't care at all about the situations in Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, and other countries. Those guys remind me of the Politburo.

I think it would be best for everyone if they broke the whole thing as soon as possible.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
:agree:

The way the EU is run actually resembles the Soviet Union.
Nope, cause in SU almost every single country in it had collective farms, factories, agriculture, fishing etc. etc. so the unemployment rate was very very low, everyone had his own job to do and our economy didn't depended on the US dollars currency rate or any other factors, we had own economy without externalities except the oil price probably, current EU reminds me more CIS, absolutely bullshit organisation, fortunately it's exist only on papper now cause Putin is building new organisation named "The Customs Union" aka back to USSR

Jul 1, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4185975 said:
Nope, cause in SU almost every single country in it had collective farms, factories, agriculture, fishing etc. etc. so the unemployment rate was very very low, everyone had his own job to do and our economy didn't depended on the US dollars currency rate or any other factors, we had own economy without externalities except the oil price probably, current EU reminds me more CIS, absolutely bullshit organisation, fortunately it's exist only on papper now cause Putin is building new organisation named "The Customs Union" aka back to USSR
Agreed. I was mostly referring about the top-down undemocratic approach from the bureaucratic EU commission.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)