J Stadium/Allianz (11 Viewers)

Jul 2, 2006
Those four or five games in season worth more than 10 million €. In long term it would make us stronger in market. Besides of financial point, it's about vision. You can't expect to be taken seriously when you play in a stadium twice smaller than your rivals.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
it's not the number of spectators that will bring in the cash
it's the business-seats ,the vip's, the accomodations for beverages and food all that sort of stuff
granted they will sell more with a high attendance but one business-seat equals dozens of regular fans financially
the new stadium will also generate more income from sponsor because of the space inside and the attention it will bring
we never had the highest attendance in serie A yet we are one of the high players in Italy and that will improve with the new stadium

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Those four or five games in season worth more than 10 million €. In long term it would make us stronger in market. Besides of financial point, it's about vision. You can't expect to be taken seriously when you play in a stadium twice smaller than your rivals.
Juventus owns the stadium now. that is a big, big difference. There will also be luxury boxes whcih bring in an incredible amount of revenue, plus they get their hands in the proverbial cookie jar for all concessions sold at the matches.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
The match day revenues are expected to rise from 15-20 million to 40 million annually with the new stadium. This is what I read a few months ago. Don't know if that takes into consideration the new commercial activities on the stadium premises.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I found a rather disturbing post on skyscrapercity about a variation from the original plans because presumably some engineer/architect doesn't know how to do his job.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=440815&page=33

Can anyone confirm the plans for those four additional tie rods? If so what the f*ck were the engineers thinking? This is a 150 million euro job for crying out loud! No modern state of the art stadiums have tie rods on the inside of the stadium.

*Note the guy claiming this has a Balotelli avatar.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Damn straight. I think the completion date was originally set for June 2011, and I haven't heard of any delays. 2011/12 will be a joyous time for Juventus fans... I can feel it already!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)