J Stadium/Allianz (41 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Outsourcing contract for the building of the new stadium signed

Another stage towards the building of the new Juventus stadium has been reached. The club signed the outsourcing contract for the building of the stadium. The job will be in the hands of Ati (Associazione Temporanea di Imprese) whichis made up of four companies: Impresa Costruzioni Rosso Spa of Turin, Costruzione Generali Gilardi Spa of Turin, Cons.Fer Consorzio Stabile of Selvazzano Dentro (Padova) and Morganti Impresa di Costruzioni Spa of Milan.

The contract is subject to the issue of building permits which are to be released by the end of the month of May.

The cost is that of €70 million (the starting bid was of €85 million) and will cover the construction, structural, electro-technical and fluid-mechanical works as well as the field of play.

Juventus expressed all its appreciation in a press release issued in the afternoon.

Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Eℓvin;1989362 said:
How can the bid start a 85 million Euros and end up costing 70 million?
I think you're being sarcastic here El, but I'll throw this out there anyways.

One company provides an estimate, Juventus takes that info to other companies, who then compete for the contract. Eventually you come away with something that resembles a quote, but is probably really an estimate (as the cost may go over). Hopefully that reduction in cost hasn't reduced the quality of the venue (cheaper materials, or omissions).

There's got to be a decent amount of prestige and a potentially huge boost in reputation for the company that builds the first stadium to be owned by an Italian team (our beloved Juve, a national treasure of Italy no less).

Strange that they would offer that bid info on the website, but they're probably just trying to demonstrate how business savvy our current board is. At least that's my take on it... could be wrong.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think you're being sarcastic here El, but I'll throw this out there anyways.

One company provides an estimate, Juventus takes that info to other companies, who then compete for the contract. Eventually you come away with something that resembles a quote, but is probably really an estimate (as the cost may go over). Hopefully that reduction in cost hasn't reduced the quality of the venue (cheaper materials, or omissions).

There's got to be a decent amount of prestige and a potentially huge boost in reputation for the company that builds the first stadium to be owned by an Italian team (our beloved Juve, a national treasure of Italy no less).

Strange that they would offer that bid info on the website, but they're probably just trying to demonstrate how business savvy our current board is. At least that's my take on it... could be wrong.
Being a publicly listed company, do they not have to publish these figures sooner or later anyway?

so who is in charge of over-seeing this then and agreeeing fees etc.? blanc or ppl behind the scenes?
Blanc is probably in overall charge of the project, but I don't know how directly involved he is in negotiations.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Being a publicly listed company, do they not have to publish these figures sooner or later anyway?
Yeah, they have to post the final figures somewhere in the financial report, red. I'm not sure about the level of detail. My point was that they made sure to present their astute business skills as blatantly as possible, during a time when they're coming under fire in a few other areas. I actually think that there is some definite business savvy amongst our BOD. Lord knows that they weren't hired for their football acumen.

Hopefully that extra 15M isn't linked to the omission of important structural components of the stadium. Maybe we'll be playing on a gravel pitch, and the team will curtain off a corner of the parking lot and call it a dressing room:shifty:

Seriously though, this is the first club owned stadium, and I hope they didn't cut any significant corners. It's not a huge building, so it's gotta be class...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Yeah, they have to post the final figures somewhere in the financial report, red. I'm not sure about the level of detail. My point was that they made sure to present their astute business skills as blatantly as possible, during a time when they're coming under fire in a few other areas. I actually think that there is some definite business savvy amongst our BOD. Lord knows that they weren't hired for their football acumen.

Hopefully that extra 15M isn't linked to the omission of important structural components of the stadium. Maybe we'll be playing on a gravel pitch, and the team will curtain off a corner of the parking lot and call it a dressing room:shifty:

Seriously though, this is the first club owned stadium, and I hope they didn't cut any significant corners. It's not a huge building, so it's gotta be class...
Yeah, Blanc in particular seems to be quite a sound buiness man. They have acutally done a hell of a lot to stop the clubs financing from melting down which often has gone unappreciated. The amount of disposable cash that we have been able to spead over the last few years is testement to their sound business dealing so thumbs up to them in that sence.

The reason the difference seems quite high in my opinion is that the initial bid is always a huge overestimate in construction projects. When a number of tenders are submitted there are huge discrepencys between the quotes. I dont think corners will be cut but i think the construction firm will just be minimising their profits in order to gain recognition for building italys first modern stadium - if other clubs are going to follow suit this will stand them in good stead in the future. Also because of the recession construction has been hit harder than any other industry, so companies will do whatever it takes to get such a project as there are not many about!

does anyone know if the new stadium can be expanded over the years to accomodate more spectators?
I swear I read somewhere once that the design of the stadium will allow fairly easy expansion, but I haven't heard much about it since so it may not have been accurate, there is nothing around the delle alpi so i see no reason why the stadium could not be expanded further if required

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
pretty small shuldve been atleast some 60. With this capacity are they gonna host any big tournament matches?????
a 42 000 seater is a good size. if you cram the stadium to it's max capacity the atmosphere would be electric. i think stamford bridge is about as large as the new stadium, and the atmoshpere there is quite good. a lot better than playing in a half filled delle alpi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)