Jérôme Rothen wants Juve (26 Viewers)

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
But in a 4-3-1-2 formation, i cant see room for Rothen, Juve isnt a team that plays as much wingplay. The needed widt is provided by Zambrotta and Camoranesi and sometimes Nedved. So why Rothen?, its better to give the room to Maresca and Appiah imo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 1, 2003
First of all Kapo's crap. Second of all Rothen's great. Third of all if I'm not mistaken Rothen plays on the left. Fourth of all I don't think we need someone who plays on the left. Fifth of all don't we have Zambro for that? sixth of all don't talk bout zambro switching back to the right seventh of all zambro is better on the left than right

I've lost count :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
But in a 4-3-1-2 formation, i cant see room for Rothen, Juve isnt a team that plays as much wingplay. The needed widt is provided by Zambrotta and Camoranesi and sometimes Nedved. So why Rothen?, its better to give the room to Maresca and Appiah imo.
Remember, Lippi won't be our coach next season so it's likely that we might not be playing 4-3-1-2 as both Deschamps and Prandelli have been known for 4-4-2s and in Cesare's case, 4-2-3-1.

Rothen would be a great signing. His crossing, shooting and ability to cause havoc for the opposing teams with his set pieces is enough for me. That's what wingers tend to do, but Rothen is special as he runs like mad, fights for the ball, and flies passed defenders even though he isn't the quickest of players. If you saw the two matches against Chelsea in the CL then you know what I'm talking about.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Remember, Lippi won't be our coach next season so it's likely that we might not be playing 4-3-1-2 as both Deschamps and Prandelli have been known for 4-4-2s and in Cesare's case, 4-2-3-1.

Rothen would be a great signing. His crossing, shooting and ability to cause havoc for the opposing teams with his set pieces is enough for me. That's what wingers tend to do, but Rothen is special as he runs like mad, fights for the ball, and flies passed defenders even though he isn't the quickest of players. If you saw the two matches against Chelsea in the CL then you know what I'm talking about.
Yes you are rite that i can be different with the new coach (forgot that), but you most know that Del Piero has the left attacking position in a 4-2-3-1 formation. And if Nedved stays, i definitively dont se the point with Rothen.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
those are very good points.... but as Stuart mentioned, we dont know our formation yet as Lippi won't be coach.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Indeed. Rothen makes up for his lack of pace with good close control and a tenacity that few can match. When he took on Lampard to set up Monaco's second goal was a great example of the kind of play that he can offer us. We don't have a single player who can carry the ball that way and then deliver such a great long pass.

Jul 28, 2002
Rothen and Kapo can play in the same team, and it would be a cheaper than most alternatives.

Rothen can play on the left in either 442 or 4312, as he has tencity, his relationship with evra would be great to recreat on the left as well.

Kapo for free, a bargain that mus be done as he can play both wings, playmaker and upfront.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
I think he is the best winger in the world know ,his passes are great ,we need him instead of useless camo:D

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Rothen has space in our team! Zambrotta is the only man who crosses and a tandem Rothen - Zambrotta would be better than anything in the world!

Jul 7, 2003
I watch him yesterdey, he was amazing. He's control of the ball, cross and vision are world class, i think that Rothen along with Evra on the left and Zambrotta and Trabelsi on the right would be great!! I'm now big fan of Rothen-he has class!!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Cichy_10 ] ++
I watch him yesterdey, he was amazing. He's control of the ball, cross and vision are world class, i think that Rothen along with Evra on the left and Zambrotta and Trabelsi on the right would be great!! I'm now big fan of Rothen-he has class!!
That'd be a fearsome team in terms of crossing. Hopefully we get either Gila or Bobo so some of those crosses can get into the net.

Sep 28, 2002
man, rothen on the left, zambrotta on the right and emerson in defensive mid position. i dont care who playes upfront istead of nedved. bloosy brilliant. i woulnt even mind trez to stay :drool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++
man, rothen on the left, zambrotta on the right and emerson in defensive mid position. i dont care who playes upfront istead of nedved. bloosy brilliant. i woulnt even mind trez to stay :drool:
thats what im talking baout :D

i said this in another thread.... and its good because both rothen and zambrotta have defensive skills and can figh for the ball!!.

sounds too good to be true :)

Jul 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

thats what im talking baout :D

i said this in another thread.... and its good because both rothen and zambrotta have defensive skills and can figh for the ball!!.

sounds too good to be true :)
If this will happen i will be one of happiest man in the world:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)