I've got 99 hairy Luftballons but Led Zep ain't one (5 Viewers)

OP
ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #22
    Just for fun:

Thrash metal in 1969.

Covered by Megadeth and sounds heavy as shit today with new amp technology and modern drum recording.

And FYI Led Zeppelin did credit a lot of blues artists. Check Nobody's Fault But Mine on Pr

---------- Post added 16.03.2012 at 23:33 ----------

Jasper:

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #26
    At least Sheik was joking.

Lol everyone that doesn't like Zeppelin always said they stole their music. So who did Zeppelin steal No Quarter, Kashmir and The Rain Song off? (their best tracks imo) And it's not ok for Led Zeppelin to make their own version of a blues song because blues musicians NEVER do that right? :sergio: Not to mention, most of the songs that apparently ripped off to make their own versions (not like In My Time of Dying but covers are only for shit bands anyway :rolleyes:) don't even sound a like. The song that they supposedly ripped off for Stairway sounds NOTHING a like. A similar acoustic guitar tone and a few similar notes in the beginning and that's it. It's a 2 and a half minute instrumental for pete's sake.There's maybe a similar idea with the intro and that's it. But I hope you're not going to sit there and tell me that the musicians you listen to didn't lift ideas from other artists.

I guess it's just a case of tall poppy syndrome with Zeppelin.
    Wanna reply to this Jasper or you won't because you can't admit you're wrong as always.

Some thing better not to kid about :p

---------- Post added 16.03.2012 at 10:43 ----------

Just forget it, he is always right!
    Yeah who am I kidding.

Go fuck yourself.

Uhuh and you can say that about anyone i debate with because we debate on subjective issues, no can ever be right in subjective issues....because they're subjective! When its objective and dealing with fact I don't see how I can be wrong, I can cite anything I say when its that kind of argument.

Also Nicola, i've been listening to alternative music from the late 50s - 80s since i was 11....do you really think that putting a youtube video of 'whole lotta love' is going to suddenly make me love a band that i've been disillusioned with for years? They wrote two good songs, mostly because page keeps his wailing shut on them. The rest is just bog standard blues rock, i'd rather listen to jimi/stones/steppenwolf/mtb/the guess who/canned heat any day.
    Bog standard blues rock? Are you deaf? I think all those artists you listed classify as 'standard' blues rock more than Zeppelin does. You are actually retarded dude. You say Led Zeppelin sucks because they lifted from other blues artists and play standard blues rock but what do you think all those artists you listed did? Every single fucking blues/rock artist has lifted and does lift ideas, riffs, licks etc from other artists. There's nothing wrong with it and you're in denial/an imbecile if you think those artists you listed don't.

Nikola*

It's not going to suddenly make you love them, I just posted it because I can't fathom a single individual with good taste not liking it.

Calling Zeppelin thieves and loving The Stones :howler:
    Well he has mental issues.

Blues music wouldn't exist without stealing, take a lick here, take a lick there and do something new with it. Can't remember which guitarist said it, but he was right. Everyone who picked up a guitar stole from Mr. Johnson anyway.
    :agree: Fucking exactly 100% right.

He's right though. He always is.
    :agree:

:shifty: - the stones achknowledge everyone that influenced them, all of the covers they played etc. etc. Keith goes into extreme detail about all of the blues artists he met on the road, all of the big blues guitarists he met and discussedthere playing style with them etc. etc. in his autobiography. The stones are fucking authentic and a generation of music before led zep.

So it's ok for the Stones to do it and not Zeppelin. Sounds like double standards to me.

Sure about that? Mr Johnson wasn't that famous until the mid 1960s and wasn't the icon he is today until the stones covered 'Love In Vain' in the late 60s. Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry & Howlin' Wo;f had a much bigger influence on the development of blues rock.
    Can you even read/understand english?

You so missed my point.
    He sure did or just can't handle the truth.

Just for fun:

Thrash metal in 1969.

Covered by Megadeth and sounds heavy as shit today with new amp technology and modern drum recording.

And FYI Led Zeppelin did credit a lot of blues artists. Check Nobody's Fault But Mine on Presence

Jasper:

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

He was right though.
    No I didn't, I just gave you the artists that had more of there licks nicked. The point with led zep is that they stole whole sections of songs, didn't achknowledge the original author, didn't pay for it and claimed they wrote it.
    First off, don't patronize me and think you can lecture me about the blues and say which artists influenced who. I've had my share of Muddy, Wolf, King, etc.

The point was, this is blues. Blues in it's essence is not a complex genre and there's so much you can do with it...recycling is a big part of blues' history and every major artist stole at one point or the other. Hence my reference to Robert Johnson who practically gave birth to the genre. Zeppelin's fault was not giving credit, but they still made something new, something unheard and something which ultimately sounded thousands of times better than the "original". If you're gonna nitpick on a certain melody, verse, etc. which was "borrowed", instead of enjoying the music as a whole, suit yourself. But Zeppelin were 4 extraordinary musicians who made extraordinary music, it's as simple as that.

In the end, thousands of licks were stolen, only the ones that were BETTER got spotlight. And Zeppelin made a lot of that "stolen" material infinitely better.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
    This is a really hard hitting argument that you to have got going on right now - disregard everything I say because I have an opinion that i defend - exactly like you do.

Go fuck yourself.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #29
    Go fuck yourself.

---------- Post added 16.03.2012 at 12:34 ----------

You can add Pink Floyd, The Betles and Queen to music is deteste that everyone else seems like.
    oh lord of music, bring down godly music from thy place up there and smite all these horrible musicians.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    V, I was just pointing out that in Jasper world Jasper is always right, I don't agree at all what he says about Zep.

I love Zep and think it's one of the greatests bands of all time.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #32
    This is a really hard hitting argument that you to have got going on right now - disregard everything I say because I have an opinion that i defend - exactly like you do.

Go fuck yourself.
    That means you are ignorant & close minded (not that I didn't know that). Suit yourself then :tup:

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #34
    First off, don't patronize me and think you can lecture me about the blues and say which artists influenced who. I've had my share of Muddy, Wolf, King, etc.

The point was, this is blues. Blues in it's essence is not a complex genre and there's so much you can do with it...recycling is a big part of blues' history and every major artist stole at one point or the other. Hence my reference to Robert Johnson who practically gave birth to the genre. Zeppelin's fault was not giving credit, but they still made something new, something unheard and something which ultimately sounded thousands of times better than the "original". If you're gonna nitpick on a certain melody, verse, etc. which was "borrowed", instead of enjoying the music as a whole, suit yourself. But Zeppelin were 4 extraordinary musicians who made extraordinary music, it's as simple as that.

In the end, thousands of licks were stolen, only the ones that were BETTER got spotlight. And Zeppelin made a lot of that "stolen" material infinitely better.
    Quoted for truth.

OP
    ZoSo

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
  • Thread Starter #35
    It's impossible, he's right.
    :lol:

Quoted for truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)